Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lockdown Projects

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    Well I’ve started cycling as with no horse activity I needed to do something. Managing about 3.5 miles a day for last two weeks. Doesn’t sound much but there are a couple of fair hills involved which I am at least now getting up as opposed to having a coronary at the top! It’s a bit galling thought when the Lycra brigade rip past me but I keep reminding myself it’s not a competition.
    Veg garden looking excellent. Broad beans, runner beans, French beans, spinach, lettuce, cauliflower and umpteen tomatoes. Sadly can’t grow leeks or onions due to rust and carrots are a waste of time due to carrot fly.
    Writers block on the writing front. It will happen but not just yet.
    Lots of baking - fresh pasta now a doddle, hot cross buns, lots of bread, cakes and yesterday I made a pizza for a friends husband who was craving a takeaway pizza (it was his birthday so I made it fresh for his lunch as a surprise and put it in a delivery box - he was very happy!)*
    Today I am going to attempt the Jockey Club cake challenge. My design is a bit complicated but it’s definitely a challenge!
    Still involved in the Point to Point side with Zoom meetings and an AGM to run online (have to give a few of the secretaries lessons on Zoom first!)

*social distancing strictly observed- left in front garden for collection.
    Last edited by jinnyj; 6th May 2020 at 10:29 AM.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Really impressive, Grassy. Puts my miserable efforts to shame. If you tired of living in the land of perpetual grey skies you could come down to the beautiful South and apply your undoubted skills to our place.
    There is an area on tother side of the lake which could do with a makeover and you could self isolate in the Dower House. Be nice to wave to you now and again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tout Seul For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (6th May 2020)

Thanks
    Lovely garden GH

Japanese Maple, Cotoneaster and Gunnera where nowt but neeps and tatties could have been expected

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tout Seul View Post
    Really impressive, Grassy. Puts my miserable efforts to shame. If you tired of living in the land of perpetual grey skies you could come down to the beautiful South and apply your undoubted skills to our place.
    There is an area on tother side of the lake which could do with a makeover and you could self isolate in the Dower House. Be nice to wave to you now and again.
    Aesthetically, it is Mrs Grass you need to engage, Laurence - I am merely the labourer!
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Aesthetically, it is Mrs Grass you need to engage, Laurence - I am merely the labourer!
    Been there, got the teeshirt
    "The owls are not what they seem"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    I dozed off in the back room the other day and woke up thinking there was a prowler in the back garden. Turns out it was Mrs O pottering.

Blue moons happen more often.
    Illegitimi non carborundum