Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: International Racing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts

International Racing

During these barren times, there's still the odd meeting taking place (behind closed doors) in its various outposts, so I thought I'd start a thread to blow the cobwebs away, for those with any interest.
    There's plenty of places on the net that make form and odds available (Though Oddschecker seems to have gone into purdah).
    Ther's 2 good meetings in Oz tomorrow with 7 group races (incl 4 gp1's) at Randwick and 2 at Caulfield.
    Initial thoughts are that Verry Ellegant might reverse placings with Addeybb in the QE Cup (6.55) providing the ground is soft enough,and in the Sydney Cup (6.15) Last year's Ebor winner Mustajeer was probably unlucky lto when the aforementioned Verry Ellegant got first run on him in a better race than this.
    Racetimes are, of course, Saturday a.m.

Thanks
    I wonder, do the races at Hong Kong get a lot of raiders from Oz or are the runners very much Hong Kong based?

Plus does anyone know what it's like to get hold of a Hong Kong results and decs data feed?

I.e. cos if the pestilence sweeping the land here is going to cause the racing to be shut down for months I'm toying with the idea of keeping myself out of trouble by getting into Hong Kong racing and setting up my own db etc like I have for the UK/IRE racing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Have you checked www.hkjc.com
    Last edited by Colin Phillips; 10th April 2020 at 9:28 AM.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Phillips View Post
    Have you checked www.hkjc.com
    On the results page you can show results as far back as 02/09/2018 but I'm after a downloadable file rather than having create a screen scraper, plus I want about 5 years data at least.

https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/infor...ate=2018/09/02
    Last edited by pawras; 10th April 2020 at 9:59 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pawras View Post
    I wonder, do the races at Hong Kong get a lot of raiders from Oz or are the runners very much Hong Kong based?

Plus does anyone know what it's like to get hold of a Hong Kong results and decs data feed?

I.e. cos if the pestilence sweeping the land here is going to cause the racing to be shut down for months I'm toying with the idea of keeping myself out of trouble by getting into Hong Kong racing and setting up my own db etc like I have for the UK/IRE racing.
    Hong Kong is a closed shop.

Thanks
    There is an 11 race card at Sha Tin this Sunday starting at 05 30. Purists like me will be heavily involved. In the meantime we hsve Gulfstream this evening.

Thanks
    Addeybb is 7/2 3 Places, 1/4 Odds with Victor and thats a bet to nothing IMO.

Also very keen on Probabeel who races like the step up in trip will suit.

And Haggas was talking about stepping Young Rascal up in trip a while ago so 2m down under should be ideal and I fancy him to provide them with a big race double
    Last edited by wilsonl; 10th April 2020 at 12:09 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    There is an 11 race card at Sha Tin this Sunday starting at 05 30. Purists like me will be heavily involved. In the meantime we hsve Gulfstream this evening.
    Do you do all your betting for Honk Kong at UK bookies and/or Tote, or does your money go further afield?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Can watch the US racing on Sky, and the races I bet on with whoever, but does anyone have any links where iI can view live racing from Oz and HK. Pretty please?

Thanks
    Randwick is on Sky Reet

12. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

reet hard (11th April 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Can watch the US racing on Sky, and the races I bet on with whoever, but does anyone have any links where iI can view live racing from Oz and HK. Pretty please?
    https://www.racing.com/live-racing
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to swedish chef For This Useful Post:

reet hard (10th April 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    http://www.mjc.mo/race_en/info/live.php
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to swedish chef For This Useful Post:

reet hard (10th April 2020)

Thanks
    Do you do all your betting for Honk Kong at UK bookies and/or Tote, or does your money go further afield?
    UK books. You can use the HK pool as a guide. Most races are 14 runners so the books pay 4 places. All the horses are trying. It really is a fantastic betting medium but be warned. The smartest maths men in the game are playing there so don't think a model/database will give you an edge. The edges are finding bookmakers that price it badly early.
    Last edited by Slim; 10th April 2020 at 2:23 PM.

Thanks
    UK books. You can use the HK pool as a guide. Most races are 14 runners so the books pay 4 places. All the horses are trying. It really is a fantastic betting medium but be warned. The smartest maths men in the game are playing there so don't think a model/database will give you an edge. The edges are finding bookmakers that price it badly early.
    The idea of pitting my numbers against other people's is always appealing, but fools rush in and all that.

My serious betting, which is not playing trial race angles in big races, is more top of the market and gains a lot over time from being quick off the draw and getting say 11/4 on stuff that ends up 6/4, so it sounds similar to the UK/IRE in that respect.

Thanks
    being quick off the draw and getting say 11/4 on stuff that ends up 6/4, so it sounds similar to the UK/IRE in that respect.
    Hong Kong could be just the thing for you so.

Thanks
    But probably more so US racing where something trading 7/4 all day can end up EVS.

Thanks
    But probably more so US racing where something trading 7/4 all day can end up EVS.
    Sounds v interesting but not much good if you can only get tenners on at 7/4, i.e. there doesn't seem to be much in the way of liquidity on BF for US stuff early on, all be it speaking from viewing a relatively small sample.

Thanks
    Has to be exchange betting though over here as constantly beating SPs on foreign betting will get you shut down quicker than a rave during lockdown

Thanks
    Ways around everything. If you can find good enough bets you will always find a way to get paid.
    Last edited by Slim; 10th April 2020 at 7:26 PM.