Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Is it true that Mogul ran EACH of the last five furlongs i under 12 seconds on Sunday?
    The brother had phoned me to tell me this so I presumed he must have read it somewhere. I found it on the RP site.

It says:
    He clocked an overall time which would have won every Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe since the war bar those of Peintre Celebre and Danedream, while he ran sub-12 seconds for every one of the final five furlongs.
    That does sound impressive, I have to say, but the brother also said Serpentine wasn't off an inch (he backed the winner so no axe to grind), which would appear to be backed up by the comment in the same article:

his performance was nothing to get excited about with a view to the Arc. That said, Christophe Soumillon was clearly under orders, both to take a lead and not to overextend his partner after a 71-day absence.
    That was always my worry with the bet I took (7/2) about Serpentine the other day, whether he was there to win or not. The price suggested he wasn't but markets can get such things wrong. The brother is adamant Serpentine wasn't off so he's run very well by the look of it.
    Two's company, three's allowed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.

Thanks
    Aidan O'Brien made it clear before the race that Serpentine would come on for the run.

Conditions were very fast at Longchamp on Sunday, the 5f course record was broken by Air De Valse, who ran 55.34 seconds, fast by 0.28 seconds per furlong. Mogul on the other hand ran 12f in 2:24.76 seconds, an average per furlong of 12.06 seconds, faster than standard by 0.48 seconds per furlong (figures taken from the Racing Post).

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grey For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (16th September 2020), reet hard (16th September 2020)

Thanks
    By the way, the one race of the day not run in a time faster than standard was the Prix Foy.

Those suggesting afterwards that Stradivarius should forget about running in the Arc were off the mark, he ran a perfectly good trial for the race. I don't think he's the most likely winner, but he is well capable of matching other high class stayers such as Ardross, Oscar Schindler and Order Of Saint George by getting into the places.

Thanks
    If we had a race that turned out like last year then Strad could run a blinder. Clearly didn't want to give him a hard race in the Foy.

Love looks worthy fav. Ground could be her undoing.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Aidan O'Brien made it clear before the race that Serpentine would come on for the run.

Conditions were very fast at Longchamp on Sunday, the 5f course record was broken by Air De Valse, who ran 55.34 seconds, fast by 0.28 seconds per furlong. Mogul on the other hand ran 12f in 2:24.76 seconds, an average per furlong of 12.06 seconds, faster than standard by 0.48 seconds per furlong (figures taken from the Racing Post).
    RP have time based ground as firm for this meeting, with a going correction of - 0.56 spf.
    “Today’s scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality. ”
    ― Nikola Tesla