Thread: Lack Of Views & Interest

Thanks

Lack Of Views & Interest

Hi guys,

I will be posting for the last time tomorrow due to lack of views and interest.

Cheers

Thanks
    Hi TT, I know I haven't posted on your threads before, but I have always looked in with interest and have backed a number of your picks from time to time.

I know you've been posting for quite a while, but I'd suspect now more than ever that the general forum population will be looking more closely at your work.

A suggestion would be: Do not create a new thread every day. Have one thread called 'South African Racing' and each day post the picks for that meeting in the thread. That way your thread can grow over time, which in turn will encourage more views and then more participation.

Either way, overall I'd encourage you to keep posting.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Double Handful For This Useful Post:

granger (23rd March 2020)

Thanks
    I'd second that - very few pay attention to my posts but I don't let it discourage me!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to simmo For This Useful Post:

gigilo (23rd March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    It's hard to get involved in a discussion when we have no way of gauging the form on which to base a discussion.

If I put a thread in Other Sports about, say, West of Scotland junior football, I don't imagine I'd get many people eager to debate. If, on the other hand, I correctly predicted a majority of results, I might not get many joining the debate but I imagine plenty would be scouring the betting sites for prices.

Think of what you're doing as being skilled at keepy-uppy to the point of attracting viewers. They won't try and join in but they'll watch and admire. Lose control and they'll walk away.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Slim (23rd March 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    It's hard to get involved in a discussion when we have no way of gauging the form on which to base a discussion.

If I put a thread in Other Sports about, say, West of Scotland junior football, I don't imagine I'd get many people eager to debate. If, on the other hand, I correctly predicted a majority of results, I might not get many joining the debate but I imagine plenty would be scouring the betting sites for prices.

Think of what you're doing as being skilled at keepy-uppy to the point of attracting viewers. They won't try and join in but they'll watch and admire. Lose control and they'll walk away.
    This is correct. None of us know anything about the races, tracks, trainers, jockeys. My only comments were on the races themselves and that was because of the thread. I did start a thread saying we should all pay more attention to your threads with no UK racing last week.

Anyway I believe the racing is going into lockdown over there anyway.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post

I'm all in on St Cadoc's Under 11s.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    I'm all in on St Cadoc's Under 11s.
    With good reason
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I’ve been following your threads daily TT and while I’ve only posted on a couple of them I’ve been backing some, though admittedly not all but I rarely bet 7 days a week, but win or lose I’ve enjoyed watching the race live and if not then at least checking their results.

I’d also echo DH’s suggestion with regards a single thread appended to each day, with perhaps - if it’s not too much trouble - a running P&L

Anyhow, you must do what you feel necessary but I hope you continue.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 874 Posts
    TT
    Though I've never really acknowledged as much, I see your contributions as a valuable addition to the forum and I do hope you'll continue to give them, possibly in the manner others have suggested?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    I'd second that - very few pay attention to my posts but I don't let it discourage me!!

Thanks
    Thanks guys for your feedback.

I will continue with my post but it looks like unfortunately racing will come to a end for south africa as they are in total lockdown. Thursday will be the last day for racing

cheers

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Top Tipster For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (24th March 2020), Double Handful (24th March 2020), dvds2000 (24th March 2020), simmo (24th March 2020)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Tipster View Post

I will continue with my post but it looks like unfortunately racing will come to a end for south africa as they are in total lockdown. Thursday will be the last day for racing

cheers
    I agree with the others, I don't know anything about the racing over there but have been reading your tips and backed a couple. I think you would be better doing one thread and posting in it daily rather than a new one every day. Firstly to keep it in the same place, and secondly, when google picks it up people will be getting sent to old threads, whereas if its all in one, then anyone searching for that type of tip will be directed the one thread and you will likely see the views increase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Tipster View Post

cheers
    I have watched more South African racing since you started your thread than I have in a life time. Mainly to see how your getting on. Usually I rarely follow flat racing. Keep going but as was suggested do a South African racing thread and keep everything on one thread. I keep finding myself reading the wrong thread for that days racing. Good luck!
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.