Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    And we'll all live happily ever after in a Corbyniste Utopia?
    Give it a rest, would you?
    Indeed as I said before , they couldn't decide on a Brexit position in over 3 years and they've taken that long to elect a new leader the world has come to end, so the idea that they would have been more decisive & organised etc etc than current lot is for those foaming at the mouth on here that think the tv outlet of the guardian aka the bbc is right wing and the morning star represents the 'middle ground'

And it's very long odds that liebour would in any way be handed any reins of power in any kind of 'unity' gov

When the dust settles on this, fk knows when though, I'd still say it's 1.01 that we'll be back to as to the last x decades where people want a grade A health service but still think someone other than them should be the ones who pay for it.
    Last edited by pawras; 28th March 2020 at 1:20 AM.

Thanks
    It strikes me that if both sides think the BBC is biased, then they're probably doing a fairly good job of being un-biased.

I certainly find them to be so.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    Things could be a lot worse.

The live daily Goverment bulletins could have involved Diane Abbot.

Let's just let that thought sink in!
    What did Diane abbot do? Would it have been as idiotic as claiming proudly to have shaken hands with coronavirus patients only to catch coronavirus a week later, or support a plan of herd immunity. I would bet that her focus would have been on getting testing and PPE to healthcare workers who seem to be understandably the most vulnerable populatuon in this crisis. I would trust her to do that rather than focusing on how this crisis could be spun. The UK made its choice to back those defunding public services. The Tories are right to focus on spin to deflect from any criticism. Focus on 'what the other side would have done'. There a millions who will amplify it and deflect from their own deficiencies/incompetence.
    Last edited by HawkWing; 28th March 2020 at 11:59 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkWing For This Useful Post:

Desperate Dan (28th March 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    It strikes me that if both sides think the BBC is biased, then they're probably doing a fairly good job of being un-biased.

I certainly find them to be so.
    Are they **** biased. It's like when you watch a football match between two fierce rivals. A fair proportion of fans on each side are gonna be convinced the ref was against them.

Thanks
    These things are subjective but personally I don't see the bbc in line with Corbyn's momentum brownshirt dobbins but very much establishment centre left.

They have a pro eu slant and 70% of tory voters and members are very much not that which feeds into their anti bbc sentiment. The majority of Tory MPs were very much at odds with their voters and members on that subject but that has since changed.

Anyway re Corona it looks like Sweden is taking different approach to others
    https://inews.co.uk/news/sweden-coro...s-open-2517991
    Last edited by pawras; 28th March 2020 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    What did Diane abbot do? Would it have been as idiotic as claiming proudly to have shaken hands with coronavirus patients only to catch coronavirus a week later, or support a plan of herd immunity. I would bet that her focus would have been on getting testing and PPE to healthcare workers who seem to be understandably the most vulnerable populatuon in this crisis. I would trust her to do that rather than focusing on how this crisis could be spun. The UK made its choice to back those defunding public services. The Tories are right to focus on spin to deflect from any criticism. Focus on 'what the other side would have done'. There a millions who will amplify it and deflect from their own deficiencies/incompetence.
    Yep let them own it,let's see what happens, they've only been in three months and everything they do is off the scale wrong,lets see if they're waving their stupid union jack little flags and skidmarked underpants in 12-18 months time i'd go 1.0001 they have got a big shock coming to them..!!
    Last edited by gigilo; 28th March 2020 at 3:40 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

moehat (28th March 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    Things could be a lot worse.

The live daily Goverment bulletins could have involved Diane Abbot.

Let's just let that thought sink in!
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Cumo smashing them up,a complete different universe to Trump and mini me pretend to be ill Johnson pathetic..

Get ready for some slimey classic tory subterfuge,lies and deflection 1.01!!
    Last edited by gigilo; 29th March 2020 at 12:43 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    So in my village we have a WhatsApp group going to help each other out and I posted a couple of days ago to see if our local garden shop in town was still open as it sells our dog food and we’re going to be running out last week.
    My immediate neighbours have just rung to say they have a bag of dog food their dogs don’t eat so we can have that and they’d drop it through our gate. V kind gesture. But further into conversation it transpires that their daughter, a doctor at Yeovil hospital and her family have all just tested positive for CV. And they were all down last weekend for Mother’s Day The wife is also a former GP.....
    I was annoyed at the time. Now I’m berludy livid! Especially as my mother has zero immunity due to Rheumatoid Arthritis. And they are still going into town whereas I would have thought they all should have gone into complete isolation? If daughters family are now with CV surely they were carrying it last Sunday?
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    The UK does seem to be exceptional in that they propose a 7 day isolation period rather than 14days as proposed by WHO. There are plenty of unfortunate and almost inevitable transmissions of the virus - people with symptoms carrying on as normal does seem reckless.

Thanks
    Yes I have just thanked and then refused their kind offer over the wall and given reasons why. Husband replied “oh don’t worry, we’re feeling fine” Yes I may be being completely paranoid but my mother nearly succumbed to flu last year so I’d rather not have to go through worse.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
    Yes I have just thanked and then refused their kind offer over the wall and given reasons why. Husband replied “oh don’t worry, we’re feeling fine” Yes I may be being completely paranoid but my mother nearly succumbed to flu last year so I’d rather not have to go through worse.
    Someone in my village phoned up yesterday and gave me a message for my next door neighbour and said I was to write it down and post it through their letter box. I said we were self isolating and weren't prepared to do that, to which she got quite angry. Thankfully I found my neighbours number and phoned them. All of our mail is going into quarantine. I even wipe the milk bottles over with bleach when they're delivered. I know I'm probably going a bit over the top with everything but I keep thinking of Eyam! Other than being old we're not particularly high risk but we're doing everything we can to protect ourselves so as not to be a drain on the NHS.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    We began self isolating two days before The Festival with all good intentions. On the Wednesday Mrs DG started to go down with an infection so I had to dash to our pharmacist in a major superstore which at that time was heaving for some antibiotics. Then I discovered on the Friday her monthly prescription which we had ordered through Pharmacy2U so it would be delivered had also been sent to our local pharmacy so I had to go back in there again. On the Saturday she had deteriorated so after ringing NHS111 we were told to go to an out of hours doctor in Cheltenham General who in turn sent us round to A&E where we were for most of the day before she was advised to go home and given extra pain killers. On the Sunday she was even worse so I rang NHS 111 again and they sent an ambulance to us which meant letting two paramedics into our home. The said it was too risky to take her into the hospital and told her to take her painkillers more often.
    Fast forward to Wednesday and I had to call the ambulance who this time rushed her into hospital but I wasn't allowed to go with her nor,I was told would I be allowed to visit.So would I ever see her again ?
    Later that day I had a phone call to go and fetch her home as it was "too dangerous here" not withstanding the staff who had been with her had hardly any PPE. I had to go through a packed dept to tell them I had arrived and a member of staff wheeled her out to the car. Next day she was still very ill so this time we rang our practice and a GP prescribed more antibiotics which meant another trip into the supermarket, albeit a much quieter one.
    We have now been self isolated for the last three days and thankfully there are signs of improvement in her condition but Lord knows how many people we have been in contact with in the last two weeks so I guess we wait now to see if anything develops. I have a slightly runny nose and a hint of a sore throat but no sign of a cough, can only hope and pray.
    Luckily have been able to get slots for grocery delivery by having two or three accounts with them all and getting out of bed in the middle of the night to take pot luck attempts and luckily being online more or less at the exact moment they released them. Medication, papers and milk deliveries working OK, touch wood.

Thanks
    And yet they still keep saying that NHS staff have been adequately protected. We keep imagining we've got sore throats and yesterday Mikes face looked a bit flushed. He did a big shop over a week ago so I'm counting the days till it's 14 days since he went anywhere. I had a nightmare in the night and woke up coughing which freaked me out! Having a delivery of fruit on Wednesday that I only ordered because our village needed 15 orders for a delivery. Now worrying as to who has packed the fruit/picked the fruit/delivered the fruit! Even though all the advice about drinking lots of hot water/gargling etc are said to be incorrect it still makes me feel better. And we're taking VitD, C and zinc. What a nightmare for you, DG, especially after being so sensible regarding Cheltenham. A lot of the trainers facebook pages are really cheering me up; horses out in the field, mares awaiting delivery of their foals etc. Grand National nostalgia page where we can bore ourselves silly talking about the race. Stay safe...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to moehat For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (29th March 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Even though all the advice about drinking lots of hot water/gargling etc are said to be incorrect it still makes me feel better. And we're taking VitD, C and zinc
    So long as you're not tempted to indulge in the numerous quack remedies doing the rounds, if it makes you feel good it's doing good is pretty much my motto; and hot water consumption seems unlikely to do harm, though too much water depletes the body of water soluble vitamins (B & C) and minerals

Between now and the end of September the UV in sunlight is strong enough to enable the skin to make Vitamin D, which is as good a reason as any to take daily exercise outside. Bare face and forearms exposed for only 10-30 minutes three times a week is sufficient, without suncream of course. The darker your natural skin the longer needed

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-from-sun

Plenty of evidence that vitamin D is necessary to maintain a healthy immune system and boosts anti-viral response. Here's a heavyweight clinical study to mull:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3308600/

Best to you and yours DG

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (29th March 2020)

Thanks
    I've been semi hibernating for months now, hence my concern about vitD.

Thanks
    Gawd had no idea what an awful time you were having DG. Please send my best to Mrs DG and wish her a speedier recovery. Must be a very scary time for you but know that your TH family will all be thinking about you.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (30th March 2020)

Thanks
    Hope you and the better half stay safe DG.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggers1972 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Take care and stay safe, DG.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Desperate Dan For This Useful Post: