Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extinction Rebellion

Thanks
    Whether one likes or dislikes Greta Thunberg and/or her cause, she should really be admired by all: a supremely self-confident diminutive 17 year-old girl somewhere towards the red end of the autism spectrum. 'Self-confident diminutive 17 year-old' is almost an oxymoron, and furthermore her command of English is remarkable

For what it's worth I'm all for her cause but not keen on the way that Extinction Rebellion are going about publicising it: antagonising and disrupting the general public going about their daily chore of earning a crust is self-defeating

However, the engagement of the children she's achieved can only be a positive as they will (hopefully) grow up with a different mind-set to that of the post-war generations who've been fine-tuned to regard rampant materialism and mass-consumerism as a right rather than a bounty to be cherished and indulged in sparingly

A 73 year-old man (Trump) coming over all hurt because a 17 year-old girl won Time magazine's person-of-the year and he didn't is as hilarious as it is pathetic

Good on yer Greta, you scare the oldsters

The carnival is over
    It couldn't have lasted Angel, too much happiness

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Desperate Dan (2nd March 2020), moehat (2nd March 2020)

Thanks
    Yes; I agree about Extinction Rebellion. Certain things that they do are, imo, wonderful; seeing pictures of the Red Brigade literally sends shivers down my spine. But I don't agree with widespread disruption or preventing people from to travelling to airports for a much needed holiday. Some people in one of my political groups are members of ER they are very extreme in some of their views. If they knew I loved horse racing I'm sure they'd never speak to me again. Good article in The Times about Greta and her family. But I think, what sums up my total respect for the younger generation is a picture of Greta with Malala who, between them have achieved so much. Compare them to Trump and Johnson and then mock them? I think not...

Thanks
    Warmed my heart this, it's ball ache enough getting to work without pricks like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P1UXYS6Bmg