Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble afoot for some of our forum members and watch your TTF's

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts

Trouble afoot for some of our forum members and watch your TTF's

Thanks
    This is sad and upsetting news for some of our members.

I hope that at least the horses can get back to the track soon while the rest of the mess is being dealt with.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 631 Posts
    That’s dreadful. Hope it gets sorted out quickly.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That's a bit of a thunderbolt. Hopefully the members interests can be ring-fenced from the allegation against the promoters and the horses can start running and collecting quickly.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Shocking. And they've just nabbed 38k for Listen Dear at the Goffs sale. Not sure how she's been allowed to be consigned given the news.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    The website was a bit less populated of late. Contact details were not readily available like previously

Will damage racing clubs if all is true

Hopefully our lot on here will all be sorted
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    I'm really sorry to hear this guys. I genuinely thought they had something good going on. I hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjers View Post
    Shocking. And they've just nabbed 38k for Listen Dear at the Goffs sale. Not sure how she's been allowed to be consigned given the news.
    Without full knowledge/consent of syndicate owners! This is going to be interesting....
    Last edited by trefflich; 24th October 2019 at 4:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks all. I’m not going to say much on a public forum, but am not unduly worried as know there are a few ex and current unhappy Supreme owners who have been stirring the pot. Hopefully Steve & Jim can sort it all out asap

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual View Post
    Thanks all. I’m not going to say much on a public forum, but am not unduly worried as know there are a few ex and current unhappy Supreme owners who have been stirring the pot. Hopefully Steve & Jim can sort it all out asap
    Don’t really understand it all to be honest, but hope you all manage to get it sorted out. Best of luck

Thanks
    I hope that this is an administrative problem or some other issue that can quickly be resolved. HRI should protect syndicate members and ensure that any resolution does not penalise syndicate members. Not allowing syndicate horses to run for any extended period would certainly penalise the members. The introduction of a pro temp administration ( preferably with input from the members) should be an option considered if possible.
    Nothing can take away the thrill that many of the syndicated horses have given the members and every effort should be made to keep the horses running for the members.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    For Perp/Archie et al. There was a discussion on the topic at the start of the Final Furlong podcast that dropped yesterday, ATR site. I thought that some of the narrative by the host presenter might be problematic legally later on as this unwinds - but then again, remember who he is and it doesn't surprise me. Might want to have a listen.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to an capall For This Useful Post:

Perpetual (25th October 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tout Seul View Post
    I hope that this is an administrative problem or some other issue that can quickly be resolved. HRI should protect syndicate members and ensure that any resolution does not penalise syndicate members. Not allowing syndicate horses to run for any extended period would certainly penalise the members. The introduction of a pro temp administration ( preferably with input from the members) should be an option considered if possible.
    Nothing can take away the thrill that many of the syndicated horses have given the members and every effort should be made to keep the horses running for the members.
    Thanks Double J and agree this is the key pont - the HRI (and Supreme) need to do all they can to get the horses running quickly no mattr the admin or legal wrangles

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    For Perp/Archie et al. There was a discussion on the topic at the start of the Final Furlong podcast that dropped yesterday, ATR site. I thought that some of the narrative by the host presenter might be problematic legally later on as this unwinds - but then again, remember who he is and it doesn't surprise me. Might want to have a listen.
    Cheers and will listen on the train to Cheltenham this morning

Thanks
    Thanks for the supportive messages.

Willie sounded quite upbeat so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Other than that, I'd echo Perp and basically only deal in fact rather than rumour.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Lets hope this is sorted quickly and some resolution can be found. There are glimmers to suggest the ban will be lifted soon.

I’m only a short while into the Supreme journey with 4 mares and the thrill that Suvretta gave me winning her Clonmel bumper is a feeling I hope to have many more times.

Lets hop the weekend brings some clarity to the matter and the horses can get back on track again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The joys of success.
    Had they had a s''t season these problems would never surface.
    Wishing for a quick resolution for all involved especially our friend who owns Arramon in partnership with Supreme.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

chroniclandlord (25th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    WPM

Supreme Racing got very big," said Mullins. "I mean it's a very big operation for one person to manage. It just seems to be one man in charge and trying to operate the whole thing.
    “I know he's had other complications away from racing, and that his wife was very sick during the year, so he possibly just needs a little bit of help sorting the whole thing out.
    “There's a lot of paperwork involved and a lot to keep on top of. That all has to be resolved. There's a lot of paperwork that needs to be caught up on, that's my understanding on the whole thing.”
    He added: “I'm paid up to date. I know a lot of the Supreme Racing people and they are a fantastic bunch – a keen bunch of owners. It has to be resolved quicker than how things are moving at the moment, but hopefully it will.
    “The authorities have to do what they have to do but they are in contact with them all the time. A meeting took place last week and I understand some of the issues were resolved.
    “There's another meeting scheduled for later this week which could be crucial and I'm hoping it will resolve a lot more issues if not all of them. It [the club] might be able to get back up and running. I'd be hoping for that.”
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks

Thanks
    Chris Cook from The Guardian

The troubles facing the Supreme Horse Racing Club escalated over the weekend, when its recent sale of the classy hurdler Listen Dear became the subject of a formal dispute.
    A letter of claim has been sent to the Goffs auction house, where Listen Dear was sold for £38,000 last month, asserting that owners of a majority stake in the mare did not consent to her sale.
    In it Laidler lists 13 people whose shares, he says, account for 61% of Listen Dear; he adds that none of them consented to her sale and that some were never told she was to be offered for sale.
    “Listen Dear was not the property of the vendor to sell,” Laidler writes. “We consider the sale to be illegal … The police authorities in the UK and Ireland have been informed and we are in the process of instructing a solicitor.”
    Beeby, currently attending an auction in Kentucky, said he could not comment. However, Goffs’ conditions of sale, published online, allow the firm to withhold payment to a vendor if a third party makes a claim in relation to any lot. In practice it is believed the firm would not seek to arbitrate over any such dispute but would simply sit on the money until the parties resolve the matter between themselves, through the courts or otherwise.
    Supreme is currently unable to make any entries for its 29 horses, its account having been frozen by the Irish regulator, Horse Racing Ireland. HRI took that action a fortnight ago when those behind Supreme failed to answer its concerns over the club’s management.
    There is still no indication as to when those horses may be free to run, including Kemboy, who remains the 13-2 favourite for the Cheltenham Gold Cup in March.
    Willie Mullins, who trains the Supreme horses, suggested last week that its problems arose because the club had got too big for Massey to manage. “He possibly just needs a little bit of help sorting the whole thing out,” the trainer said. “There’s a lot of paperwork that needs to be caught up on, that’s my understanding on the whole thing.”
    Steve Massey and Jim Balfry, who run Supreme, have not yet spoken in public about the dispute and did not take phone calls on Monday. The club’s voicemail service says it is full and can take no more messages.