Thread: Ordinary World

Thanks

Ordinary World

I had to do a double take when I saw this horse entered up on Friday in a race for horses that have won no more than one steeplechase but it's kosher.

Won his first chase, and just short of £5k, in October 2016. Since then, he's run in 16 graded races plus one non-graded chase last month for 13 places (second, third, fourth) and about £140k in prize-money with only one race not having some prize-money return.

The question is, has the horse been very well or very poorly campaigned?

For what it's worth, I think that Chris Jones' opinion is the only one that really matters but that is very much with my owner hat on. After 3 years I'm pleased to see the horse being given a decent chance of getting his head in front again.
    Last edited by archie; 18th September 2019 at 12:22 PM.
    The older I get the better I was.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to archie For This Useful Post:

Outsider (18th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    He always struck me as a horse that was thought of as being a handicap plot in years to come. He proved a bit better than imagined as a novice but was short of being an above average horse and was probably running over too short a trip

If someone like Ted Walsh had gotten him for example, you can be sure everything about him would have been geared to leopardstown PP over Xmas or Aintree in April
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Absolute overachiever -he has basically won all this place prizemoney running on through beaten horses-he has never been unlucky not to win. A friend of mine constantly moans about his mark for the Grand Annual being blown but in my opinion he wouldn't have the heart for a big field.Would be some horse to own.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,352 Times in 805 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Must say he is one of my favourites; winning a race could be the making of him.

Thanks
    I suspect the owner is more interested in having a runner at the big festivals as opposed to pot hunting.