Thanks

Current Generation of Jockeys

I`m a bit long in the tooth and tend to view the past thro` rose tinted specs...."everything was much better in my day!!" But when it comes to jockeys (with the exception of Jamie Spencer!!) I do believe our current crop of jocks are much superior, in general, to those of yester-year. We might not have a Piggott or a Cauthen but I very rarely reduce my stakes or not bet because of the jockey (except for Jamie Spencer!!).

There are so many really good young jocks coming through and particularly women. Hollie Doyle and Nicola Currie are as good as most of the male jocks. The current lot do seem more polished, professional, and fitter than those of times gone by. Admittedly, there are exceptions, but I do think our jocks are fine and deserve praising....even DO might agree, if I exclude Ryan Moore!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.

Thanks
    I was never really a fan of Hayley or Josie Gordon but I think the improvement in the standard of women riding over the last couple of years has been incredible.Anybody who latched onto Rachel Blackmore last year would have cleaned up -there will be a flat version in the next few years.
    I grew up with watching or listening to Amanda Harwood getting bet on 1/3 shots.

Thanks
    Hollie Doyle is only a positive. Excellent awareness and strong as a lightweight. Nicola Currie has come on leaps and bounds too.

The women riders tend to have great hands and don't put a horse on its head too early - unlike many of their male counterparts.

Jason Hart the best jockey riding in the North along with Tudhope.

Jump jockeys coming through on the other hand...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think the lady jockeys have improved beyond doubt.
    Holly Doyle is my favourite I must admit and over jumps Bryony Frost is as good as any male jockey especially over fences.
    I also think Hayley Turner is riding better than ever this year.

Thanks
    There must be something wrong with Ryan Moore-he has declined in a big way this year.Can’t see him being top jock at Ballydoyle next year.

Thanks
    He's certainly not riding well this season and the stats show it too. Generally speaking top jockeys should be winning more often than not when their horse is in close contention but that has not been the case with Moore this season:

Dettori: 45 wins v 26 2nds
    Moore: 71 wins v 76 2nds
    Doyle: 66 v 52
    Murphy: 144 v 137
    De Sousa: 87 v 53
    Tudhope: 111 v 71
    Crowley: 66 v 31
    Atzeni: 59 v 42
    Fanning: 96 v 71
    P J McDonald: 91 v 92

Moore's figures for the last five seasons taken together are 573 v 434, so it's clear that something has indeed been going wrong this year.

By the way Moore's rides in Ireland are included in the above figures, while the figures for the others are GB only.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grey For This Useful Post:

Eleanora Duse (16th August 2019)

Thanks
    1 winner from his last 49 rides -something seriously wrong.