Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: The Arc 2019 discussion thread

Thanks
    Correct.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Illogical from a financial/welfare point of view. Completely logical for an ageing owner who enjoys the sport on its own merits.
    Totally agree with the first sentence.
    Surprised the owner has done it as he has had the glory with her and would have weighed up her going through another season for basically one race. She had a hard year this year, and could get that ground again next October, plus some mares have just had enough when they get to her age. If she gets beaten before Paris, wouldn't be surprised at all if they decide not to go for it.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    If she gets beaten before Paris, wouldn't be surprised at all if they decide not to go for it.
    Sorry...this is hypothetical nonsense. Al Capalli is right.

It was Khalid Abdullah's decision and who are we to advise him or think differently.

Sorry if that comes across as patronising but I do think the last line of yours is not logical.
    Last edited by Marb; 17th October 2019 at 4:53 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Sorry...this is hypothetical nonsense. Al Capalli is right.

It was Khalid Abdullah's decision and who are we to advise him or think differently.

Sorry if that comes across as patronising but I do think the last line of yours is not logical.
    Thinking differently from other people is always permitted.

Thanks
    It's logical in my world.
    She's only staying in training to go for the Arc. Nothing else. No point in winning another Eclipse. She's made that point. Or the King George V1 and QE. She's made that point. Or a Yorkshire Oaks. She's made that point.
    She gets beaten in the Eclipse by a length. She gets beaten by the Derby winner by 2 lengths in the KG....what's the point of carrying on, and if the ground comes up as it did this year, why would you? It's not fair on her and besides which she already has absolutely NOTHING to prove.
    And your post is extremely patronising.
    Oh and if I happen to bump into Khalid at the races, I'll tell him I think so if that's okay?
    Last edited by G-G; 17th October 2019 at 8:25 PM.
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    It's logical in my world.
    She's only staying in training to go for the Arc. Nothing else. No point in winning another Eclipse. She's made that point. Or the King George V1 and QE. She's made that point. Or a Yorkshire Oaks. She's made that point.
    She gets beaten in the Eclipse by a length. She gets beaten by the Derby winner by 2 lengths in the KG....what's the point of carrying on, and if the ground comes up as it did this year, why would you? It's not fair on her and besides which she already has absolutely NOTHING to prove.
    And your post is extremely patronising.
    Oh and if I happen to bump into Khalid at the races, I'll tell him I think so if that's okay?
    Loads of assumptions and presumptions in there.

You can tell Mr Abdulla, I'm about the only bloke in the world, who told the world Waldgeist would beat Enable three months before the Arc.

I'll state now, if you see Khalid you can tell him Marb said this, that the only horse who can beat Enable next year is the horse who just beat Enable at Longchamp.

I think this makes sense. I think this is logical. There's a good possibility Waldgeist may be retired now anyway.

Apart from Waldgeist it will be third time lucky for Enable next year.
    Last edited by Marb; 17th October 2019 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks
    I'm glad Khalid Abdullah has made the decision to keep her in training for another season.No point giving Cheveley Park a clear run at the Supreme Novices when she gets the seven pound allowance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Khaled Abdulla always struck me as a man with no ego; the day Danehill ran in Irish 2000Gns he stood beside me at rail beside old pre parade ring.
    One of his managers came to him saying, "We can get in there, you know" to which he replied "I am quite happy out here,( beside Eddie) " . The bit in () I added for flavour, my Zelig moment.
    A fine sporting man, best wishes to him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

moehat (20th October 2019)

Thanks
    Eddie too modest to mention that everyone else was wondering "who's the guy with the beard talking to Eddie"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I saw the replay of Waldgeists half brother Waldkonig winning at Wolverhampton on Saturday on his first racecourse appearance. Impressive or what?
    Last edited by Marb; 9th December 2019 at 2:54 PM.