Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Oooopppss!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    A good piece of intelligence coming through the Newswires is the Liberty court Case against MI5 where today's findings show MI5 in a state of conspiracy against innocent citizens.

I found the part about citizens being 'Red, Amber or Green' in terms of criminality shocking.

This is what the cashier's in my local bookie shops used to be asked when ringing up head office to see if I could get a relatively small amount of money on a horse.

E.G, 'is he Red, Amber Green'.

Another coincidence.
    No doubt in cohorts with the US we will become the 51st state once we leave the EU,Trump must be loving it and even being condoned on the thread unbelievable shoving more unregulated capitalism up our arses and now even making sure the country votes a certain way,lots of very dumb people in this country and they can't even see it...being played like a fiddle..Althoigh lots fro the right libertarian filth know exactky what they are doing,utter scum...
    Last edited by gigilo; 11th June 2019 at 7:41 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    We have been the 51st state for years, have you never heard of all the USA Air bases all over the UK ?. You need to wake up pal, try leaving your bunker .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splodge View Post
    We have been the 51st state for years, have you never heard of all the USA Air bases all over the UK ?. You need to wake up pal, try leaving your bunker .
    Talking of dummies here's another one..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    People are doing that already and have been for years 14 million in poverty,corbyn is irrelevant as he will only be around for another couple of years tops,once we've had a few years of johnsons buffoonery there will be a coalition,the future for the tories is going to e a gradual decline till the cpuntrys problems have been equalled out..Fortunately the new generations will make sure of this average conservatuve voter now aged 61,good luck with that tory project,,

Things will go in cycles, they always do. I'm sure within around 5 years there's nothing the Tories can do for another 10-15 years to get back in. Then they will be finished and cease to exist, just like they did when IDS was in charge, oh wait...

There's only one potentially realistic political prospect that terrifies me, and that is a far left government where people don't get opportunities in life. I would leave the country if Corbyn or his ilk got in. I am no Tory but they're a miles better proposition, even now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGupter View Post
    Things will go in cycles, they always do. I'm sure within around 5 years there's nothing the Tories can do for another 10-15 years to get back in. Then they will be finished and cease to exist, just like they did when IDS was in charge, oh wait...

There's only one potentially realistic political prospect that terrifies me, and that is a far left government where people don't get opportunities in life. I would leave the country if Corbyn or his ilk got in. I am no Tory but they're a miles better proposition, even now.
    What you have written there i have had said to me by numerous tories over a 40 year period,it's a cliche i will leave the country lol,most of the labour policies are very good and innovative especially regarding technology,corbyn and mcdonnell have 2 years left each tops so they are irrelevant just as johnson will be..As for cycles i explained earlier capitlism in its current form has to level off,the resources aren't there anymore effecting the enviroment etc i expect there will be coalitions in futyre bewteen leftwing not far left/greenparty governments is the future..No one will be leaving the country bar the tax evaders hopefully they will never let back in either..

Thanks
    I know nothing of the idle threats of the people you have heard that from before, but I will be leaving, on the off chance that it happens. Mainly for prosperity and ideological purposes. No country like ours can have a future if there is no incentive or opportunity to succeed.

Thanks
    Ali, which of "Corbyn`s" policies, specifically, do you disagree with?

Thanks
    In no particular order, and I have obviously googled to get a decent list:
    Increasing income tax
    Increasing corporation tax
    Nationalisation of railways
    Nationalisation of energy companies
    Negotiations with terrorists
    Not replacing Trident
    Abolishing tuition fees
    Removing charitable status of public schools
    National maximum wage

There are most likely others, and of course there are a few I agree with. I was a Labour member for some time, after all.

Thanks
    And which country are you off to?

Thanks
    There's only one government that deals with terrorists

Tory leadership frontrunner Boris Johnson recommended that the UK allow Saudi Arabia to buy British bomb parts expected to be deployed in Yemen, days after an airstrike on a potato factory in the country had killed 14 people in 2016.

Campaigners accused the then foreign secretary of showing a “total disregard” for Yemeni civilians by allowing the sales, revealed for the first time in emails disclosed via a freedom of information request.

A day after the sale was recommended for approval by Johnson in August 2016, a village school in Yemen was hit by another deadly airstrike, prompting further complaints that the UK is complicit in breaches of international humanitarian law.

UK arms controls mean that the foreign secretary has to be consulted on whether the Department for International Trade should licence “precision guided weapons systems and munitions that are likely to be used by the Saudi Royal Air Force in Yemen”.

Campaigners head to court to stop arms sales to Saudi Arabia
    Read more
    An email dated 12 August 2016 to the Export Control Joint Unit, responsible for licensing UK arms deals, says that Johnson “was content” to advise that the licensing of components for Paveway bombs should go ahead.

A few days earlier, on 9 August, the Saudi-led coalition resumed airstrikes on Sana’a at the end of a ceasefire that had held since April. Reports at the time said that more than half of those killed in the strike were women.

Andrew Smith of Campaign Against Arms Trade accused the Conservative MP of showing a lack of compassion: “For Boris Johnson to approve a missile sale the day after a food factory was destroyed shows the total disregard that he and his colleagues hold for the rights and lives of Yemeni people.”

Advertisement

A day after the approval email was sent, on 13 August, a village school in the Sa’ada province was hit by an airstrike, which killed 10 children and injured 20.

The then cabinet minister has previously defended the arms sales during his time in office, saying in September 2016 that Saudi-led bombing campaign is not “in clear breach” of international humanitarian law.

Previously disclosures show that Johnson also assented to arms sales to Saudi Arabia in November 2016, the month after a funeral was bombed in Sana’a and dozens killed.

The UK is estimated to have licensed the sale of over £4.7bn worth of arms to Saudi Arabia since bombing began in March 2015. The Gulf nation has been the largest buyer of British-made arms for decades.

The correspondence shows that the Foreign Office’s Arms Policy Export Team has a duty to advise whether “there is a clear risk that these exports might be used in a serious violation of international humanitarian law”.

Officials in the export team concluded that “this clear risk test has not been met” in an email dated 10 August.

In another email, dated 27 July, the Export Team declare: “We have increased confidence in the Saudi pre-planned and dynamic targeting processes.”

That was criticised by the academic who originally obtained the emails, following a 20-month battle, Dr Anna Stavrianakis, a senior lecturer in international relations at the University of Sussex.

The academic said: “Coming days after an attack on a food factory, this information that suggests ‘increased confidence’ in Saudi processes is at odds with events on the ground.”

The court of appeal is deciding on a claim brought by the Campaign Against Arms Trade against the legality of the export of UK arms to Saudi Arabia for use in Yemen. The high court had determined such sales were legal in July 2017, but two judges said that could be challenged in the higher court.

The Saudi-led coalition has been repeatedly accused of bombing indiscriminately during the Yemeni civil war, which is targeting Houthis and allied rebel groups backing the former president of Yemen, the late Ali Abdullah Saleh. Peace talks have led to a partial ceasefire.

Jeremy Hunt, who took over as foreign secretary in July 2018, and another Tory leadership contender, has defended arms sales to Saudi Arabia, arguing that halting them would be “morally bankrupt” because the UK would “surrender our influence”.

Johnson was approached for comment but has not responded

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    He's not going anywhere,when i go on betfair the amount of rightwingers that say i'm leaving the country i used to vote labour has become a running joke,then they start seething about every single thing about labour,far left he says lol what a joke//I shall not bother replying to anymore of his posts because it's complete propaganda and i have seen it a million times,....

Thanks
    Agree with you gigs. The nonsense spouted about Corbyn and what his government would do is childish and laughable.

Thanks
    Agree with you gigs. The nonsense spouted about Corbyn and what his government would do is childish and laughable.
    The nonsense is being spouted by Corbyn himself - the man is a menace.

Fortunately up here we have another left wing alternative in the SNP.

Thanks
    FAO Gigilo

Your frequent cut-and-paste jobs are worthwhile but could you please quote the source of the articles and/or italicize the content

I, for one, find it difficult to know which are your words and which aren't

Quoting sources is good etiquette; not doing so is plagiarism

Thanks
    I'm not sure to be honest, I've got potential options in USA, Spain, Dubai & Japan for starters. I can be very flexible.

Thanks
    He's not going anywhere,when i go on betfair the amount of rightwingers that say i'm leaving the country i used to vote labour has become a running joke,then they start seething about every single thing about labour,far left he says lol what a joke//I shall not bother replying to anymore of his posts because it's complete propaganda and i have seen it a million times,....
    Still looking for an alternative to capitalism, take your time.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AliGupter View Post
    Still looking for an alternative to capitalism, take your time.
    There's nothing nirvanic about Capitalism: it's just the least-bad economic model tried thus far

I've long had something of a soft spot for Distributism which I feel has the potential to usurp capitalism at the top of the least-bad tree

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributism

Banned
    Thanks
    Talking of dummies here's another one..
    know it all Arsole

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    Fortunately up here we have another left wing alternative in the SNP.
    I don't see too much that's left-wing about the SNP myself, simmo.

It wasn't all that long ago - before their surge to power round about the time of the financial crash - that they were dubbed up here The Tartan Tories. For me they still are. For me they were - and still are - Scotland's Trump administration. Elected as a protest yet managing to cling to power.

I'll need to look more closely at Drone's 'distributism'. That sounds like the kind of political philosophy that would appeal to me.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I don't see too much that's left-wing about the SNP myself, simmo.

It wasn't all that long ago - before their surge to power round about the time of the financial crash - that they were dubbed up here The Tartan Tories. For me they still are. For me they were - and still are - Scotland's Trump administration. Elected as a protest yet managing to cling to power.

I'll need to look more closely at Drone's 'distributism'. That sounds like the kind of political philosophy that would appeal to me.
    They haven't been generally referred to as Tartan Tories for years.

From their election promises in 2017.

• A living wage, by the end of the next UK parliament, that will be slightly more than £10 per hour
    • Support an increase across the UK in the Additional Rate of income tax - for those earning more than £150,000 - from 45p to 50p
    • Press for the abolition of the two-child cap on tax credits and the associated "rape clause".
    • Stop cuts to the winter fuel allowance
    • No increase in taxation on the low paid, in National Insurance or in VAT.
    • Removal of the 1% pay cap on public sector pay
    • Stand against all of the further planned cuts to social security,
    • Demand reversal of the cut to Employment and Support Allowance that is removing £30 per week in vital support from disabled people
    • Oppose the freeze on working age benefits
    • Always protect free personal and nursing care
    • Continue to extend free childcare
    • No support for further reductions to the headline rate of corporation tax

To that I would add their policy of only increasing council tax for higher band and the continuation of free prescriptions for all.

Looks fairly left wing to me.

It might be interesting to see if the English amongst us would rather vote for these policies, or the "back to the seventies" policies of Jeremy Corbyn.
    Last edited by simmo; 12th June 2019 at 12:48 PM.