Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 527 Times in 478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66

    Royal Ascot 2019

    Deserves its own thread.

    I'd like to see Decrypt in the St James Palace but it might not happen.

    Petrus has been a much improved horse this season after the gelding operation and 20/1 or thereabouts looks tempting in The Royal Hunt Cup.
    Last edited by Marb; 5th June 2019 at 3:24 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

    Outsider (5th June 2019)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

    To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.


     

  4. #2
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    16,057
    Thanks
    119
    Thanked 246 Times in 204 Posts
    Thoughts:

    Le Brivido and Laurens ran better than the bare result in the Lockinge and are worth a dutch in the Queen Anne

    Can't split Battaash and Blue Point in the KS. Expect the former to maybe be held onto for longer this year.

    Sea of Class is the worst priced horse of the meeting. First time out, 10f and a short straight. Can't have. Magical looks logical as Waldgeist would be a doubtful runner on fast ground.

    Tempted by I Can Fly in the Duke of Cambridge but obviously she could rock up in the QA.

    I'm prepared to forgive Calyx his poor run at Haydock. Mainly because it's Haydock.

    Kew Gardens is too big for the Hardwicke but will he run?

    Will dutch The Tin Man and City Light in the Diamond Jubilee

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

    Marb (5th June 2019)

  6. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    1,388
    Thanked 372 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    428
    Gifted master for the wokingham

  7. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,938
    Thanks
    739
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    Gifted master for the wokingham
    A must-bet but I just wonder if they're targeting a repeat in the Stewards' Cup.
    Two's company, three's allowed.

  8. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    1,388
    Thanked 372 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    A must-bet but I just wonder if they're targeting a repeat in the Stewards' Cup.
    Could be.did me a big favour last year so I had to do it at 33s.goodwood should suit better than ascot one would think but his mark is lower.

  9. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 527 Times in 478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    Well, like me, someone at The Racing Post fancies Decrypt for The St James Palace.

    https://www.racingpost.com/news/roya...lydoyle/384166

    Whether this means he's more likely to run at Royal Ascot, I've no idea.
    Last edited by Marb; 6th June 2019 at 2:51 PM.

  10. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 527 Times in 478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Thoughts:

    Le Brivido and Laurens ran better than the bare result in the Lockinge and are worth a dutch in the Queen Anne

    Can't split Battaash and Blue Point in the KS. Expect the former to maybe be held onto for longer this year.

    Sea of Class is the worst priced horse of the meeting. First time out, 10f and a short straight. Can't have. Magical looks logical as Waldgeist would be a doubtful runner on fast ground.

    Tempted by I Can Fly in the Duke of Cambridge but obviously she could rock up in the QA.

    I'm prepared to forgive Calyx his poor run at Haydock. Mainly because it's Haydock.

    Kew Gardens is too big for the Hardwicke but will he run?

    Will dutch The Tin Man and City Light in the Diamond Jubilee
    Calyx out injured.

  11. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 527 Times in 478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Well, like me, someone at The Racing Post fancies Decrypt for The St James Palace.

    https://www.racingpost.com/news/roya...lydoyle/384166

    Whether this means he's more likely to run at Royal Ascot, I've no idea.
    Looks as if he's been taken out of the Ballychorus, (the Group 3 over 7F at Leopardstown next week).
    Last edited by Marb; 6th June 2019 at 2:50 PM.

  12. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 527 Times in 478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    Decrypt scratched from the St James Palace according to The Racing Post entries page, but still quoted by the major bookmakers on oddschecker. Someone is in the wrong!
    Last edited by Marb; 7th June 2019 at 7:40 PM.

  13. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    7,456
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 125 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Decrypt scratched from the St James Palace according to The Racing Post entries page, but still quoted by the major bookmakers on oddschecker. Someone is in the wrong!

    Decrypt is still entered -RP has decided to declare him a non runner.

  14. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 527 Times in 478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    Decrypt taken out.

    A horse/hurdler myself and others talked about for a big hurdle last season, called Not Never, is entered in the Ascot Stakes on Tuesday.

    Currently best priced 20/1.
    Last edited by Marb; 12th June 2019 at 8:13 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

    Outsider (13th June 2019)

  16. #12
    Senior Member PlaceBacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,602
    Thanks
    270
    Thanked 159 Times in 135 Posts
    Under the impression Decrypt is going for the Jersey
    Win some,lose some,but always enjoying it

  17. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    1,388
    Thanked 372 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    428
    desert pointt ascot stakes 50/1

    2m 3f should suit this horse.might of course not be good enough,get in,or not run but 50s is too big to resist.
    Last edited by Outsider; 13th June 2019 at 3:02 PM.

  18. #14

  19. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,606
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
    5 days of quality racing, likely Summer ground. and the bonus is proper sectionals to analyse the form going foward - thanks to ATR.
    Already taken 6/1 Mustashry, which has the look of an opening day banker.

  20. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    7,456
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 125 Times in 115 Posts
    Going back to Paddy Twomey I read last week that he bred a a Group 1 winner when he was still at school -some acheivement.

  21. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    3,777
    Thanks
    616
    Thanked 527 Times in 478 Posts
    Blog Entries
    66
    Yep. Interesting to see how the Irish 2000 Guineas form works out, with the 1st, 2nd and 4th reopposing.

    Gary Moore's Not Never is my main fancy on Day One in the Ascot Stakes Handicap.
    Last edited by Marb; 15th June 2019 at 2:22 PM.

  22. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,606
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    5 days of quality racing, likely Summer ground. and the bonus is proper sectionals to analyse the form going foward - thanks to ATR.
    Already taken 6/1 Mustashry, which has the look of an opening day banker.
    Apparently, we get to see every race live on ITV too, which is much more than we got from the curmugeonly RTV at Cheltenham.
    More power to your elbow, ATR.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

    Grey (16th June 2019), Outsider (16th June 2019)

  24. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,856
    Thanks
    1,388
    Thanked 372 Times in 347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsider View Post
    desert pointt ascot stakes 50/1

    2m 3f should suit this horse.might of course not be good enough,get in,or not run but 50s is too big to resist.
    Balloted out,money back.

  25. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,938
    Thanks
    739
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 828 Posts
    What are we to make of the likely going at Ascot?

    They've been saying soft generally but now they're saying good-to-soft with rain forecast.

    The going-stick readings have been suggesting much firmer than that. The readings up until yesterday were in the mid-high 7s and today they're up to 8.4 in the straight. That would be interpreted as firm ground anywhere else.

    And over at Metcheck, they're saying there won't really be much in the way of rain until the second half of Tuesday afternoon and less then 1mm per day until friday and none again on Saturday.

    https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/16d...=51.4&lon=-0.7
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 17th June 2019 at 11:00 AM.
    Two's company, three's allowed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •