Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A dilemma!

Thanks
    If you still have the texts Jinny, go straight to the police.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Agree with warbler word for word.

Organisations will look to cover things up rather than enforce
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Sorry, message for Grey, can you empty your inbox please.
    Sorry Marble. Done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    If you still have the texts Jinny, go straight to the police.
    Go to the Police anyway. Texts are recoverable as long as you broadly know the period they were sent and responded to. I suspect all three of you have similar which will add significant weight.

I'd say if you feel strong enough go and nail the dirty lecherous old barsteward!!! And if you have the full support and help of one or both of the others I suspect he has a fairly large problem.
    Last edited by Maruco; 4th June 2019 at 8:28 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    I'd say if you feel strong enough go and nail the dirty lecherous old barsteward!!! And if you have the full support and help of one or both of the others I suspect he has a fairly large problem.
    I'd also add that an investigating officer will look to go back years of previous employees. I'd be surprised if it stops at three complainants. Once the floodgates open there'll be others, so long as the police are prepared to investigate and not look to do the rural racing industry cosy up thing
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    How did things go Jinny?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Well I thought I owed everyone an update!

I respoke to the girl involved and she agreed that we should take action. I then spoke to the previous employee who although reluctant to be involved realised that as she herself had two teenage daughters, something should be done.

So initially I contacted the new CEO of the Point to Point Authority. He couldn’t have been kinder or more sympathetic and promised to look into it. I then rang ACAS who although sympathetic only suggested the girl keeping a diary and then confronting him - you can see how that would be played out!

Anyway I had decided.to bring it up at the next Pointing Area Secretaries meeting in November to see if we could set something up. However today I got a phone call from aforementioned CEO who has been in .touch with the BHA who feel it is entirely within their jurisdiction to take action upon me reporting it. So I will speak to the girl again tomorrow and ring the BHA on Monday. I am hugely impressed by their stance. I really wasn’t expecting anything. But if we can stop this happening again in the future then it is an excellent result. Apparently there has been another similar case in a different part of the country too which is being investigated.

But thanks guys for your input. It was never going to be an easy subject to talk about but I really appreciate the support on here.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (23rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Good for you Jinny.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (23rd August 2019)

Thanks
    That’s great that they are taking things so seriously, fingers crossed it continues that way and there is a good outcome for you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to trudij For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (23rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Further update.
    The BHA did get involved ringing me and taking a recorded statement over the phone as well as with this other girl. And then I believe they have spoken to the individual and issued a warning (which is all I think they are able to do). But for me it’s a massive deal that they took it so seriously and made me feel like I totally did the right thing reporting it.
    I also raised the issue at the recent Point to Point Secretaries Association meeting I attended a few weeks ago and there is now going to be a public awareness made within the Pointing Industry that there is a helpline for people to call should they ever need to. So hopefully I have achieved a small victory in that any staff who are put in similar situations don’t feel that they have nowhere to turn.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (20th December 2019), dvds2000 (27th March 2020), Grasshopper (26th March 2020), moehat (19th December 2019), Tout Seul (20th December 2019), trudij (19th December 2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well done, jinny.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin Phillips For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (20th December 2019)

Thanks
    I'd say that's a pretty large victory Jinny. Well done you for having the conviction to see this through.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well done

We are all very proud and happy to see it wasn't ignored

20. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maith an cailin!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    I got a phone call from the BHA on Monday. They finally spoke to the bloke last week. Unfortunately the girl who had flagged this up to me didn’t want to go on record as she still works there but they had her recorded interview as well as mine and known there was at least one other. Added to that her boyfriend is very controlling and doesn’t know so the BHA agreed to anonymity. Of course he completely denied it but then that was obvious. The BHA lady was great. She has told him he must complete a safeguarding course online and if he refuses then they will take action and he won’t be allowed to enter horses in Point to Points. If he were a licensed trainer, he would be investigated further and potentially lose his license. If it happens again and he is reported, as this is on record, then it will be used as evidence and they will go to the police.

He obviously knows I am behind this but as I said on the phone had he not continued with this girl, they would never have heard about it as I never reported it at the time and wasn’t going to. Even though I lost my job over it. But prevention is better than cure and even if he denies it, it will have given him plenty to think about and hopefully change his behaviour.

Im quite impressed with the BHA - and I didn’t think I’d ever say that!

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (26th March 2020), Desert Orchid (26th March 2020), Diamond Geezer (26th March 2020), dvds2000 (27th March 2020), Maruco (27th March 2020), moehat (26th March 2020), Tout Seul (28th March 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Equally as impressed with you, jinnyj.

Hopefully those that come after you, won't have to deal with the same sh*it as you and the other two girls. Proud of you taking such a firm stance - wel done.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (27th March 2020), jinnyj (27th March 2020)

Thanks
    Good for you Jinny. These things only come around if someone is as determined as you've been. Good for you for seeing it through, and well done getting what seems in the circumstances a reasonable outcome from the BHA.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

jinnyj (27th March 2020)

Thanks
    in the famous words of Edmund Burke

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

(it's not completely clear this was Burke, but he's usually creditted with it)
    Last edited by Warbler; 28th March 2020 at 9:25 PM. Reason: formatting
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes