Thread: Overwatering

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts

Overwatering

As someone who regularly criticises (rightly or wrongly) clerks of the course for overwatering, I'm glad to see Mark Johnston get a bit more vocal about it.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...atering/381683
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Lol i've been going on about it on here every week during the summer for 7 years,makes me laugh how anyone has a bet half the time punters just take goings for granted and the jocks are clueless as well already this season they are actually watering good ground its blatently obvious it's not going to be gd/fm look at the newmarket times over the two days last week.All week they had gd/fm it was obvious that there was no way it was gd/fm after the first race,you get jocks saying its beautuful racing ground like a carpet genuine gd/gdfm then you see the results through the card and every race is slow by 4-5-6 seconds,just look at the meetings over the next few days they are waterunf everyday on top of good ground in some instances,look at the york times same thing there you're better off just forgetting the racing and forgetting the form its completely pointless..Infact if they are going to wster just turn it into soft ground at least you don't have to guess on what it will be..

Thanks
    I think we did this last year, and Richard Hughes said much the same 5 years ago. Nonetheless an important message. But no-one will listen and they'll go on watering and they'll continue weakening the breed.