Thread: Jumps in Review and next season gazing

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts

Jumps in Review and next season gazing

Funny season for me

Had some work issues that meant I couldn't give the end of the season the attention I usually would but hopefully that never happens again

Looking back on the season - the good ground had an impact on the amount of quality racing pre march and a lot of horses missed too many intended runs for the season to properly catch fire early

Next year without Ruby will be strange - hopefully he adds something to racing coverage now

Novice hurdlers were maybe not top top class but Klassical Dream looks very good and unusually for me I hope he is campaigned for the champion next year

Minella Indo to win like he did at Chelt being that exuberant will be very interesting as a staying chaser next term

Gordon's 3 bumper horses could literally be anything - don't think WPM's bumper crop were up to much this year

Chacun Pour Soi really impressed last week and 5/1 for next years QM already

Al Boum and Kemboy hopefully survive the gold cup jink and will be back to clash in 2020

In terms of very quick awards

Best Novice Hurdler - Klassical Dream

Best Novice Chaser - Chacun with a notable mention for Le Rich and Lost in Translation

Horse of the year - Tiger Roll

Hopes for next season

Some Rain

Altior takes in the Tingle Creek before Kempton
    Last edited by granger; 6th May 2019 at 12:29 PM.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

2. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Danny (6th May 2019)

Thanks
    These are my reflections / highlights of the season and am not making predictions for next year…

Bryony Frost & Rachel Blackmore – Both brilliant this season and great for the game judged on the queue of youngsters waiting for selfies/autographs at Sandown. I wouldn’t have thought even a cpl of years ago we’d regularly have the girls winning Grade 1’s and realistically challenging for jockeys title. Wonderful

Dublin Racing Festival – Cracking two days racing, hopefully they get softer ground next year and I’ll definitely be there

The Skelton’s – 200+ winners and Harry giving Dickie a run for his money in the jockey’s championship. Yes they got a leg-up from their old man but, but have handled it brilliantly. Also they seem to be enjoying it….

Paul Townend – fairy-tale Gold Cup win after the events of Punchestown 2018. Great guy, top pro and with Ruby’s retirement now gets the top gig full time

Harry Cobden – has easily handled the pressure of being Nicholls no 1 and think (surprisingly) it may be a long lasting relationship

Tiger Roll – nothing more you can say really with multi festival wins and 2 x Grand nationals. Has bought jumps racing back in to the sights of the mainstream

Festival Thursday – The 90mins covering Frodon / Paisley Park / Siruh Du Lac was magical both sportingly and emotionally

Henry De Bromhead – Just class isn’t he and great to see him having regular festival winners

Kemboy – has to be my personally highlight of this and probably any future season. So proud and lucky to be involved in him in my own tiny way. A complete dream….

I'll drop in every now and again through the summer, but not sure I'll have much to contribute until it starts getting cold again...
    Last edited by Perpetual; 10th May 2019 at 10:43 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perpetual For This Useful Post:

granger (10th May 2019)