Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craven Meeting

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post

Another 3mm put on after racing,laughable stuff this is worse than last seasons farce gd/fm ground never to be seen ever again...
    Dubawi lost his Guineas to an inferior horse because the ground was like a road. I had futile hopes of taking on his son in the hope underfoot conditions might be similar this year. Fat chance.

The Abernant looks a nice ew race. I'm chancing Yafta who had some nice pieces of form last year. The Hackwood he won worked out ok.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 17th April 2019 at 9:31 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 875 Posts
    Breath Of Air 1.05 , can be forgiven his last run on account of his inexperince in what was only his 3rd racecourse appearance and, though poorly drawn, the market hasn't missed his fairly obvious chance. His trainer (and both sides of his pedigree) indicate he'll probably improve again for today's faster ground and (imo) he looks a very well-handicapped horse. Might pay the value seekers to put him in a f/c to beat Moyassar which pays c14/1 as I write.
    The Craven looks good for Royal Marine which Soumillon indicated only ran in Meydan for a warm-up, and already a gp1 winner, he ought to take this comfortably. Encouraging that CS again travels for the ride.
    Another shortie but, as my old boss was fond of saying " You can only pee with the c*ck you've got''.
    Last edited by reet hard; 17th April 2019 at 9:48 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (17th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I hope I haven't goofed (again) in the Abernant. I got stuck into Gifted Master yesterday evening as he's clear top rated on my figures and if Tommy Taylor's no-show yesterday is an indicator of the form of the Ryan yard Brando has to be opposed although I don't think that's the case myself. But now I'm worried about GM following the trainer's comments in his Weekender stable tour today:

...if he runs well he could remain in Group races, but he's already 1lb lower than when winning the Stewards' Cup and the Wokingham would be an ideal race...
    Another few pounds down the weights would make him a good thing at Ascot.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Newmarket 5:20. Self Assessment. He's been castrated, and it can make all the difference. Two each way singles & and an each way double.
    Last edited by Marb; 17th April 2019 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks
    I've had a small ante post on Royal Marine at 100 on Matchbook for the 2000 Guineas, so hoping for a good showing from him today.
    I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
    Take a bow for the new revolution

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Dreamfield in the Abernant tomorrow looks a good bet to cover the Easter expenses.

4s into 11/4 -that was some anti climax.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Breath Of Air 1.05 , can be forgiven his last run on account of his inexperince in what was only his 3rd racecourse appearance and, though poorly drawn, the market hasn't missed his fairly obvious chance. His trainer (and both sides of his pedigree) indicate he'll probably improve again for today's faster ground and (imo) he looks a very well-handicapped horse. Might pay the value seekers to put him in a f/c to beat Moyassar which pays c14/1 as I write.
    The Craven looks good for Royal Marine which Soumillon indicated only ran in Meydan for a warm-up, and already a gp1 winner, he ought to take this comfortably. Encouraging that CS again travels for the ride.
    Another shortie but, as my old boss was fond of saying " You can only pee with the c*ck you've got''.
    2 Bets - 2 Boxed Ins. Such is life.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I've only just caught up with the replays. What an awful day's racing (unless anyone backed a good winner), the only real highlight being old Tobefair winning at Cheltenham.

As I feared, Gifted Master was just there to stretch his legs but I'm a wee bit annoyed for not seeing for myself that the Wokingham or Stewards' Cup made more sense, being so much more valuable than today's race.

There was some truly dreadful jockeyship on show at both Nwm and Chl and no shortage of very hard-luck stories.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    LOL still chuckin water on it again,will they never learn keystrokes only ever won over a mile on sift ground on the turf fields strung out like washing again,it's simply not gd/fm ground just utter nonsense good ground maybe but certainly not gd/fm another 3mm on tonight might actually be gd/fm by friday if the temps pick up...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have had a good bet on Vintager in Earl Of Sefton. Also backed Presidential in the following race.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Have had a good bet on Vintager in Earl Of Sefton. Also backed Presidential in the following race.
    Have they had their balls cut off then?

Thanks
    Difficult to see where the pace comes from in the 1m h'cap (3.35) and the 2 Lincoln placers are surely going to struggle in this small field, and Thrave and Exhort look to need further.
    Jim Crowley ought to be able to boss his own pace on Sawwaah, and looks the bet of the meeting to these eyes.
    Took the 4/1 last night, with the bonus of a fairly safe rfc with Power Of Darkness.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Therightroad (18th April 2019)

Thanks
    Heavens above an capall makes me feel young - I last backed the winner of the Free Handicap when I was too young to bet and my Dad put £5 on Match Winner ridden by Piggott for Cecil and Wildenstein.