Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum member jailed - Chris Beek Racing - Kachina Racing

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts

Forum member jailed - Chris Beek Racing - Kachina Racing

That's got you looking

Seriously though this guy has posted on here before and Final Furlong if my memory serves

https://www.racingpost.com/news/raci...200-000/375158
    Last edited by dvds2000; 11th April 2019 at 1:50 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Outsider (10th April 2019), Perpetual (10th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    He tried to set up a syndicate on here
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    **** me and there was me thinking that his slightly dodgy doings on here were the extent of his activities.

By that I mean some stuff that looked like ramping.
    Last edited by simmo; 10th April 2019 at 1:41 PM.

Thanks
    I remember him!
    Vote Alfie!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I used to know Chris quite well. He used the name Flame on here. He asked me to do a list of “horse to follow” for Kachina Racing, I don’t think he used it.

I met him first, at Newbury, when he was still at Mick Channon’s. Then I used to see him regularly at Bath races and when he had horses with Alistair Lidderdale he invited me into the parade ring and I got to meet Richard Hughes.

I’m very sorry to hear that he had sunk so low. Looking at that photo he has put on a few stones since we last met.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    Well, well, well!

I probably know him better than anyone on here as he was an owner of mine. Whilst I can appreciate that Colin feels for him having met him, actually he has been scamming people for an awfully long time. I first met him through my ex who was friends with the guy he shared a flat with at Channon's. We became quite friendly and he had a few horses with me and introduced me to another couple of owners which I was grateful for. But he lived in a Walter Mitty world and eventually it has caught up with him. I don't think he started out bad but he just wouldn't listen or stop - he kept chasing his tail. Initially he had a couple of nice horses with me (sadly we lost a lovely Sadlers Wells filly 2 days before she was due to run) but he always wanted more and I ended up getting royally stung by him buying horses at the sales with him when he asked me to buy a 2yo filly and a horse he could ride as an amateur. These never got paid for by him and as they were in my name, I got left with the bill which was over £20k. Fortunately I eventually managed to get others in to cover the costs but the result is that I am no longer able to buy at Tattersalls in my name.

SO many times we questioned his suggestions and asked if it was kosher, did he have the money/investors to set up this scheme/that scheme but he just ploughed on. He just couldn't see the harm he was doing. Actually when he came on here most recently, I did nearly query where he actually got the Gallops reports from as there was no way he would have done them as his grasp of written English was not that accomplished so he must have been getting them from someone else - all with the intention of sucking in a few more victims.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,182 Posts
    Have known about him for maybe 10 years,i used to get someone to email me his mailshots got dozens of them as proof but no one would listen when i told them,i see a thread on betfair rubbishing him but as typical gamblers i remember when he was believed and thanked by the majority on there and else where for years..The mailshots were ubelievable asking for money to be forwarded for a day or two days time maybe "£200 for a horse declared saying it was a cert,never seen anything like it and these were going out every oyther day..Will have to see iof i can dig some out,these were years ago as well...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Is anyone running a book on who on here will be next to do time?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am. Fav is 2/7, 16/1 Bar.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    I think he (Flame) tipped Cue Card on here for the Festival Bumper at 50/1 on the preview chat?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Is anyone running a book on who on here will be next to do time?
    I think Grassy has had his special privileges removed as he's not been posing much over the last couple of months or so!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He's busy campaigning on twitter to revoke Brexit.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    I think he (Flame) tipped Cue Card on here for the Festival Bumper at 50/1 on the preview chat?
    No it wasn't him.

Thread: Newmarket Gallop Reports - Early June
    by Flame Replies
    Views
    "Cue Card wouldn't have been me, I hate jumps...
    Cue Card wouldn't have been me, I hate jumps racing. I put up about Ibn Khaldun many moons ago before he ever had run, saying I thought he was the real deal. I got dogs abuse when he bombed out on..."
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just updated the title slightly in case any other victims are searching for info about him

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    That's fine, although I can't remember, it was 10 years ago. But even so all my posts are under Flame and therefore I still state, show me where I have put somebody away, because it's not something I would do.

Thanks
    Lol. Just come across this, I remember Chris from the early days of Ohracing and I think a few of the other lads off there had a leg of one of Kachina's horses I'd of thought back then he wasn't a bad lad just a completely deluded tool ! He tried his hand at tipping, he was awful we used to have member went by the name of Del Boy who's tag line was "Laying Kachina Naps daily" that about sums him up in that area.

When I hear he's going to be doing that amount of time I think that's a little harsh for a fool however having read above Jinny's comments I realise that his actions have probably had consequences for plenty. So hopefully it'll give him plenty of time to reflect and it is imo a long overdue reality check for a guy who's lived in the land of the fairies for far too long.
    Last edited by Danny; 15th April 2019 at 6:25 AM.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    He tried his hand at tipping, he was awful we used to have member went by the name of Del Boy who's tag line was "Laying Kachina Naps daily" that about sums him up in that area.
    The chances are he was laying them himself...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    How can he now be penniless? What's he done with all the money? Has he salted it all away?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 Times in 2,754 Posts
    A loser like that will almost certainly have spent most of it on wine, women, eating and betting. The rest of it he'll just have wasted.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Outsider (15th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 632 Posts
    There was a post on the Betfair Community forum that made me smile in connection with this case (he rubbed a fair few of them up the wrong way over the years). One poster asked if he had got married to which another replied that looking at the current photos, he'd obviously eaten her.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jinnyj For This Useful Post:

Danny (21st April 2019)