Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham bets only

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Cheltenham bets only

Be interesting to see what everyone is backing as the day goes on. Strarting with the Supreme

I am starting the day off with Young Joseph's Fakir Doudairies. EW I think he's a brilliant trainer with his feet firmly on the ground and has spotted a great opportunity here.

This at the top of the market look nothing exceptional while this fella looked so mature when he won doing handstands in the Triumph Trial.

With luck in running I cant see how any of these will give him 8lbs
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    20 years to the day since the last 4yo won the Supreme. Most didn't take to Hors La Loi, but he's always had a bit of a special place for me.

I've had a saver on Fakir, but my main bet is on Angels Breath. Nicky really loves him, and he knows his way around a top novice two mile hurdler!

Thanks
    Angels Breath - comeback run well documented and his first run in a grade 2 novice at Ascot screamed stayer to me (probably wouldn’t look out of place in the Ballymore) but I think a strongly run race and the ground will suit him a lot today.

Hardline antepost only bet in the Arkle

Mister Whittaker if he steps up to three miles could take some stopping. Minella Rocco looks the plot job and would be no real surprise if he hacked up. Can’t have Give Me A Copper but do think Lake View Lad can run well despite top weight.

Buveir D’air and Brain Power each way

Benie probably wins but a no bet race for me

A Plus Tard and Shady Operator

Gun Digger each way against the market principles. Good jockey on board and Elliot knows what it takes to win this race and many other staying races. 20/1 could be big.

Thanks
    Loved with way Fakier pinged the last at cheltenham and kept going. Not many 4 yo are this good that come into the supreme and he looks straightforward, being french bred must help
    Glen forsa looks very progressive love a horse thats won over further but also has won at the minimum
    I would give crucial role a squeek in the ultima if he gets the distance , give me a copper and mr whittikar are also on the shortlist
    Bvd is an attractive price

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    20 years to the day since the last 4yo won the Supreme. Most didn't take to Hors La Loi, but he's always had a bit of a special place for me.

I've had a saver on Fakir, but my main bet is on Angels Breath. Nicky really loves him, and he knows his way around a top novice two mile hurdler!
    There actually haven't been enough 4 year old run to be using it as a stat. One rag last year and then you have to go way back to Cue Card who was second. There another one that year name escapes me but before that it Was Binocular who would have won but for the saga which was a complete farce caused by the JP team
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If Kayley Woollacott can win this it's be the biggest cheer since Jonjo got Dawn Run up to win the Gold Cup.

I hope she can but that last run was woeful and the first race was a bit suspect..early seaaon form and all that...plus he gets so may carrots from the young daughter he thinks he's a pet rabbit

Owner Tim Radford has deservedly found a real good replacement for Somersby in Glen Forsa and I have to go with him in what looks ordinary Arkle.

I wouldn't be in a rush to place lay Ornua and 4 place on the place market at 3.3 to 3.4 looks inviting as an additional bet ( should add Rachael will have a winner this week..biggest certainty of the meeting imo)

Kalshnikov is surely a place(3) lay at 3.0
    Last edited by Tanlic; 12th March 2019 at 1:30 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 1,011 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    If Kayley Woollacott can win this it's be the biggest cheer since Jonjo got Dawn Run up to win the Gold Cup.

I hope she can but that last run was woeful and the first race was a bit suspect..early seaaon form and all that...plus he gets so may carrots from the young daughter he thinks he's a pet rabbit
    Hear hear. I hope Lalor runs a big race and gets back safe and sound.
    Last edited by Marb; 12th March 2019 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I've come to the conclusion, the way to play today is seek some good each way chances, as opposed to sticking every favourite in a Yankee. I may be proved wrong, but we will see.
    Last edited by Marb; 12th March 2019 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    1:30 Mister Fisher
    2:10 Lalor
    2:50 Mister Whitaker
    3:30 Espoir D'allen
    4:10 Momella
    4:50 Tower Bridge
    5:30 Atlanta Ablaze

See if a 10p each way Super Heinz can bring in some profit...
    Last edited by Marb; 12th March 2019 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 871 Posts
    Not uderstanding this love affair with Apple's Jade; undeniably impressive latest but against what?
    Other Stayer's Hurdle entries, which is a long way from 2m championship form.
    Buveur D'Air - simples.
    Last edited by reet hard; 12th March 2019 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The one I don't get is Laurina who has been beating horses I even haven't heard of bar 1 Cap Soliel which she got a 150 for and would still be there is not a Mullins Horse

I really am not surprised Ruby thinks he;'s got a much better chance in the mares she'll think she's gone for 3 days in space in this field (he said hopefully).

A very safe bet could be to dutch Apples and Buvi with Ruby in that mares comes in at 3/1 which looks decent value to me.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No way Mullins the fist 2 winners....no one saw that coming mans a fookin genius
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Bummer yesterday.......Started of ok when Fakir Doudairies having backed him EW and to be in the first 5 at 2.12

2nd race I backed Davy Ruseel for a place Dutched the big 2 in the Cahampion in the double I put up

Backed Ruby in the Mares and counting the winnings till he did his watch me as I fall at the last again act.........way too many times not to blame him...had he waited before asking her to quicken instead of going at the last flat out???? who knows.

The magic that is Rachael Blackmore didn't take long to get her first winner as predicted and suddenly unbelievable I am back in front..Just

I called it a day then stupidly though I will have a look and ended up dutching the top 2 who never raised a gallop between them.

In the end a losing day
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Marginally ahead -I have loved Discorama since day 1 and yesterday was heartbreaking and exhillerating in equal measures.

Thanks
    1:30 - Bright Forecast (aptly named winner if it came in) and Dunvegan
    2:10 - Delta Work
    2:50 - Scarpeta and Bleu Berry to try do it again
    3:30 - No bet race but Altior obviously wins
    4:10 - No bet but hopefully Tiger Roll wins
    4:50 - Got Trumped and Chief Justice
    5:30 - Envoi Allen (small stakes)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Backed Champ months ago for this and more confident than ever.

Nicky has always said he's aptly named and so far so good.

Not a great Santini fan and despite him winning last time [B]On The Blind Side def a Place lay for me.

If this was Kempton I'd be saying Altior was 1/20 to win but it's the festival and he simply hasn't been at his best on his last 2 visits here.

I'll probably be tempted at 4/7 but he doesn't give em the same buzz or confidence that SS did so 2/5 ? no value in that price.

Tiger Roll 6/5 is almost as bad in a race where anything can go wrong.

My French friend Xavier assures me the connections of Urgent De Gregaine think they can reverse places with Tiger Roll......few bob ew just in case they are right.

Won't be going past Joseph O'Brien's Band of Outlaws
    Last edited by Tanlic; 13th March 2019 at 9:53 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    TODAY NAP. Bellerophon decided Pegasus won't run in the bumper: rolleyes: who according to the Irish is the only horse who could beat Blue Sari today

He does have the look of a right horse and Mullins wouldn't send one so young if he didn't think he was up to it
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Yesterday could have been very ugly. I had 9s ap on Apple's and went in hard on her given how far ahead I was on the market. Also had Hardline at 25s ap and Ballyward 33s
    Thankfully A Plus Tard saved the day

Today I have Battleoverdoyen any race at 20s and have added Brewin'upastorm and Sam's Profile is in a trixie with A Plus Tard and Native River.

Santini I have at 12s ap and I've backed Topofthegame as cover

Min strong as well. 25s from before the season.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    TODAY NAP. Bellerophon decided Pegasus won't run in the bumper: rolleyes: who according to the Irish is the only horse who could beat Blue Sari today

He does have the look of a right horse and Mullins wouldn't send one so young if he didn't think he was up to it
    11 of the last 12 winners 5,6yo's last 4yo, 9 years ago Cue Card.

Only 1 favorite won in the last 12

I like the trends at Cheltenham and I think both Nicholls horses & Tizzards, Master Debonair have good chances.

Thanks
    1.30 Champ. 4/1 on the exchange I want to lay this but I'm leaving for the time being. If it reaches 3.75'ish I'll get stuck in for a lay.
    2.10 Done 2 in this. Been laying Santini all morning around 4.2 and also backing delta work to win 4.00'ish
    4.10 Tiger roll, NAP of the meeting for me. Backing this to win around 2.44 at the minute.
    4.50 band of outlaws, lay this for a place. Currently around 2.6 but the place market is not liquid at all. Trying to feed in bits and pieces.