Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Music

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts

Banned
    Thanks
    Not really my thing, but I did like Brimful of Asha. Such a happy, catchy tune. Never googled to see what it's all about, so not going to start now :-)

https://youtu.be/5LBnMRWeV-E

Thanks
    Thats commercial stuff fella,i don;t really listen to that type of music,most commercial bands i listen to and they aren;t that commercial are the stone rises,manic street preachers i u sed to go and see bands most weeks mutv'e seen over a hundred easy,first band i ever saw were echo and the bunnymen followed by the cult,thats when they were a goth group..Ws also massive inti all sorts of dance musuc scene,was at raves most weekends,had lots of dj mates some of them are well known,went to a party about 15 years was dropping pills wurh the fun loving criinals cool guys they are...Then packed in was getting too much and wss having health problems,really miss it still but made a fortune on the horses although money doesn't interest me anymore that side of thngs just bores me now...I'm going to become an activist in middle age,even though i have ms this country is so corrupt at the moment in my small way going to try and do some things,no way am i going to let the right take over here no ******* chance.
    Last edited by gigilo; 16th March 2019 at 4:19 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Sounds like you had some good fun back in the day, gigilo, and why not. I've seen a fair few bands myself, but drink was generally my chosen vice and the pills that followed the next day would be paracetamol. Not bothered about being some sort of music snob, if I like a tune I like it, simple as that! Used to take some stick down the pub for playing things like A Different Corner on the jukebox back in the 80s but didn't bother me; it's a great tune.

You must let me know sometime about how you made a fortune on the gee gees, especially if it was pre exchange days. The only way that I've heard of ending up with a small fortune on them is to start with a large fortune. cheers.

Thanks
    I was banned by everybook before the exchanges even started,took me 6 years to win 7 figures was winning on everything especially the aw my mates brother was steven gough if you read andy holding thing on the simon nott interview he hung around with same person,he;s porobably worth 50 million and thats where i learn't it all just putting bets on for him and watching replays with him on his screens 25 years ago...Since the exchages have bee around its just got worse every year plus the amount of racing,most of its so uncompetitIve there;s very little value anymore,illness and having a 16 year old daughter and 7 year old son it's got to the point where everything is just hassle just to get a bet on,been like it for years,that's why i've done things like post on here for 8 years...That thread has been prolific over the years,ive had 4000/1 accas up some days,but you can see the gradual decline of betting opprtunitys on there,don't usually use the exchanges muh now as usually i've already moved the markets overnight just by people reading the thread,some value in place nmarkets that i've been using a fair bit but thats about it..i can't get much on resuming i can find someone to put me a bet on...I'm looking to take out 5 fiogures when i have a bet now on multiples but it's just getting harder and harder as there''s less and less to do,15 years ago i could turn over 10 grand somedays now most daus i don't even have a bet,thats why i'm doing other things getting interested i politucs plus watching my daughters eductation as she wants to go into medicine.Mum has canceer as well so that's also put things into perspective and last year i was diagnosed with ms,just a roller coaster at the moment betting just seems futile i just use it to get my mind off things for awhile.
    The only time i leave the house now is too see my mum or hospital appointments,might be the last year me posting on the forum it was going to be last year my mrs is 10 years younger than me,in 10 years time i might have deteriorated so sooner rather than later need to try and do some stuff with them...Iwill still try and maje that thread prolific over the flat season,but its 16 hour days i've been doing it for over 20 years now with 4-5 hours sleep am actually up now looking at sticks form and i havn't doine any for 12 years...unless i know i'm the best i will just pack in..see how it gors for this season.
    Last edited by gigilo; 17th March 2019 at 3:03 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

Wolf (18th March 2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Very interesting, gigilo, thanks for reply and my best wishes to you and yours

Thanks
    I would love another 5 years at it,if something changes i might still csarry on but it's 10x harder to win now and sitting around for three days just to find one bet that you struggle to get three figures on whats the point plus unless you put the 16 hour days in there's no way you can win big you need to know everything before even looking at the form..It's that bad i've started looking at the sticks,i havn't bet on the sticks for 12 years because if you do it like the flat and thorough then you need to be looking at times of novice races you need to be doing 20 jour dats wuthout moving,that;s where the angles are i won't be taking it to seriously over the sticks but will try it for a few weeks..
    If i see a pattern where there's value standing out and i'm not having to study times too much then i might dip in and out of it for a bit till flat gets innto full flow...i did the form for all of mondays meethings over the sticks,didn't take me long but i never went back to check aall the novice race times so it could be bollox,i will be looking tomorrow to see if i generally have read the races right..

Banned
    Thanks
    Got to put the work in, no easy money in this game. At least you made your money years ago, most punters make a loss year in, year out - but they still keep plugging away

Banned
    Thanks
    No such thing as free money, whatever Mark Knopfler says... he can't even spell Noffler

https://youtu.be/wTP2RUD_cL0

Thanks

Banned
    Thanks
    Some great bands have come out of Manchester, SR being one of them and this Band... https://youtu.be/HgPMKdAWTVQ .. I know that Morrissey is marmite, but I'm definitely on the love side

https://youtu.be/HgPMKdAWTVQ

Banned
    Thanks
    Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate..

What a ******* great opening line!

Thanks
    Saw the stone roses in my town in a little shitty club,30 years ago lyrical genius same with morrisey i have played their albums to death probably know every word of every song off by heart/...Some of the riffs that jonny marr plays are incredible,it was a completely new sound to music sort of inspired all those later bands like stone roses etc/...
    Last edited by gigilo; 20th March 2019 at 2:08 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

Desert Pilot (30th August 2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    Good man

Thanks
    https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...80&action=view

One of my fav sonfgs of all time,off one of the best albums of all time...

Banned
    Thanks
    https://youtu.be/CIMNXogXnvE

R I P Ian Dury. What a character he was, and sadly not many of them left in the music biz these days

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post:

Grey (22nd March 2019)

Thanks
    Last edited by gigilo; 23rd March 2019 at 2:59 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Here's one for the current climate

https://youtu.be/fOUNllswJgY

Thanks
    https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/se...3&action=click

Makes me so sad when i see his lad in this video,love this track used to go out every saturday with the mrs and sing it to her when mashed might even be my funeral song...