Thread: Is racing straighter than it's ever been?

Thanks

Is racing straighter than it's ever been?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon Nott For This Useful Post:

edgt (4th March 2019), Outsider (5th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    There is undoubtedly much more and much better scrutiny but it's as bent as ever. Those in a position to do a Uri Geller on a race are just a lot more sophisticated about it than they used to. Because they have to be.

As for racing people being sponsored by bookmakers and the link to transparency, how do we explain the previous runs of just one trainer's recent big race winners Cyrname, Adrien Du Pont, Dolos and San Benedeto?

I would also suggest that the bigger the name the less likely they are to be as closely scrutinised as a struggling trainer who needs to land gambles to survive.

When Gordon Elliott wins the National with a horse other than Tiger Roll, will questions be asked? Not a chance.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 5th March 2019 at 10:01 AM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I always found trainers being sponsored by bookmakers to be unfair but in another way, if Unibet went top price about a Henderson hotpot on the day of the race, I think we should take notice that chances are it isn’t winning. Hypocritical that Kayley Woollacott gets lambasted for being sponsored by Betway when a lot of the bigger trainers have had their hands in the pockets of certain bookmakers for years.

The lower level AW stuff is as bent as ever. No doubt about it. The race Lines has his last ever runner/winner in at Lingfield the other month was comical to watch.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nickf88 For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (5th March 2019)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who thinks a top trainer is bent is off their head.they have no need to be

Does the head lad the travelling head lad the work rider have punters? of-course they have and they make money by the bucketful on the exchanges place laying an laying I imagine and there's nothing to stop them doing so as they don't own the horses
    Last edited by Tanlic; 5th March 2019 at 11:58 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    You are some man to waffle -Google Ballydoyle stable lads laying on betfair.You could also Google who wanted to visit Kieran Fallon late at night to discuss laying on betfair.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Fallon was 15 years ago and why top trainers would never get involved

How naive are you? If you think stable lads don't have punters and there's a way to stop them having those punters laying horses when millions of pounds are being bet on every race you are nuts, you'd 'd need an army to keep up.......waffle this
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Have you googled the Ballydoyle lads attempt at laying or just ignored it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,182 Posts
    It took me 6 years to be able to retire purely from betting on horse racing and mainly that was due to low grade aw racing,stable staff,headlads,trainers and most connected with horses in general were clueless,they certainly weren't landing massive touches and a lot in racing leave it without a pot to **** in...Simply untrue that stables are landing massve gambles all the time,just ask any owners why they aren't rolling in it the fact is most trainers not all don't even know what they are running against half the time,i used to be in contact with 5/6 trainers on daily basud on the aw asking for my opinion on their horses and despite telling them their horses couldn't win they would bak them and lose.Think racing is definitely straighter thats why its harder to find as mmany value bets,if you go back to wgen i first started posting on here there wwere bets everyday,all smashed off the boards and were winning,for last several seasons much reduced betting a lot due to the poorer fields more racing but some of it which was the angle was more non triers..For me there's not enough,that was where you got your value bets obviously people are laying horses on betfair exchanges but they are horses that can't win anyway there's certainly no great conspiracy where everyones making fortunes throughout racing,its hard enough getting the bit of luck you need to win never mind all stable staff etc spending their minmum wage paid jobs.Greyhounds was the thing about 25-30 years ago,some trainers were running dogs in wrong grades was copletely bent and without exchanges it was rife