Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sir Erec

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickf88 View Post
    One horse I’ve taken from the Leopardstown juvenile race on Sunday was Chief Justice. Don’t think it would reverse form with Sir Erec based on that run but definitely has a bigger performance in him to my eye. Only entry for Cheltenham so far would be a Triumph rematch against Sir Erec though. My question is, would he need to be entered for one the handicaps already or is there still time for an entry to be made? He’s officially rated 124 in Ireland which maybe would put him 130 over here, maybe unlikely he’d get into a handicap off 130 also?

Edit: Just looked, he’d have got into the Fred Winter last year definitely off 130. Just hope he can still be entered.

Edit 2: 12/1 joint favourite for the Fred winter antepost. Sorry for the time wasting post.
    Remaining entry closing dates

21 Feb – Ultima Chase , Close Bros Novices Handicap Chase, Coral Cup, Fred Winter, Pertemps Final Hurdle, Festival Plate, Kim Muir Challenge Cup, County Hurdle, Martin Pipe, Grand Annual

28 Feb – Cross Country, Bumper, Mares Nov, Foxhunters

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickf88 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Definitely one to keep an eye on novice chasing next season then. I’m sure there’s a bigger performance in him somewhere down the line.
    He's by Acclamation, out of Freedom Pass and (to my non bloodstock trained eye) as far removed from a future chaser as you're likely to see Nick. He was running over 7f on the flat last May and frankly I'm amazed he stays even 2 miles.

Elliott after his Gowran run in October; "He wants better ground so he'll have a break then and will be a horse to come back for the Fred Winter".
    Last edited by wilsonl; 5th February 2019 at 1:18 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Thank you both for the detailed replies, very much appreciated. If he’s entered in the Fred Winter I expect him to go very close but the market has already cottoned on. Just trying to find a bit of antepost value for the handicaps at the moment but it’s hard to find an ‘edge’ for me so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Like you Nick i was very taken by Chief Justice also; he did not get a hard race and has plenty match practice.

Current HRI rating is 133
    Last edited by edgt; 5th February 2019 at 2:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    He's by Acclamation, out of Freedom Pass and (to my non bloodstock trained eye) as far removed from a future chaser as you're likely to see Nick. He was running over 7f on the flat last May and frankly I'm amazed he stays even 2 miles.

Elliott after his Gowran run in October; "He wants better ground so he'll have a break then and will be a horse to come back for the Fred Winter".
    I'm basing it on his style of racing

Not quite quick enough to be great over 2m

It's brutal for a triumph horse to be placed when leaving novice company

Most end up staying and he looks to me to have the look of a chaser
    Last edited by granger; 5th February 2019 at 9:32 PM.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done