Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: TH Ante Post Competition 2018 / 2019 FEBRUARY selections

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    The previous year's winner is supposed to engrave it with the name of the next winner and send it to them. Firstly we need to establish whether Perpetual did this and sent it to Maxbet in 2017. Assuming he did Maxbet should have engraved it with Maruco's name and sent it to Maruco this time last year who would then have been able to do the same for viking this year. Until Maruco's post a few days ago I didn't realise the whole process had broken down. It's especially galling given that Tout Seul generously donated the trophy in memory of the late long time forum member Alan Morgan.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    The previous year's winner is supposed to engrave it with the name of the next winner and send it to them. Firstly we need to establish whether Perpetual did this and sent it to Maxbet in 2017. Assuming he did Maxbet should have engraved it with Maruco's name and sent it to Maruco this time last year who would then have been able to do the same for viking this year. Until Maruco's post a few days ago I didn't realise the whole process had broken down. It's especially galling given that Tout Seul generously donated the trophy in memory of the late long time forum member Alan Morgan.
    Is it my imagination or was there some sort of issue about the trophy last year too - I seem to remember that people were trying to track where it had last been (unless that was a different trophy - but I thought this was the only one). I may have just imagined this anyway - it's just that these last posts seem to be a bit deja vu somehow.

Thanks
    A bit of detective work has established Maxbet must have received the trophy from Perpetual as he posted this after last year's competition ended.

Well Done Paul, pm me your home address and I'll get you on the roll of honour (engraved) and forward the trophy to you.

The Alan Morgan Memorial Trophy:-
    2012 TOUT SEUL
    2013 GRASSHOPPER
    2014 STEVE T
    2015 TRUDJ
    2016 PERPETUAL
    2017 MAXBET
    2018 MARUCO

Many thank's to all the referees ..
    We now need to know whether Maruco replied to Maxbet via PM , there's no reply on the thread itself.

Thanks
    I can't remember seeing this Roger. Probably too far back. It suggests that Maxbet still has the trophy though. If Col has his email that would be the obvious route to recover it I would think.

Thanks
    Right, Col has made contact with Maxbet who still has the trophy, Maxbet has had trouble logging in here for quite a while so has been unable to contact Maruco. Col is busy right now but will sort out Maxbet's password problem over the weekend so hopefully we will be able to get things moving now,

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Maruco (22nd March 2019), viking (2nd April 2019)