Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: There's an election coming..

Banned
    Thanks
    good article...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Given the BBC has been seen as the pro ethnic diversity, pro multicultural, anti-racist public broadcasting channel for so long, there's definitely some irony in this story. Dianne Abbot has been character assassinated, rightly or wrongly, which is obviously par for the course in politics. This article is a good reminder to Labour MPs' to take nothing for granted, including their electorate. The left, is and always was more than just about promoting multiculturalism and fighting racism. I've been saying this for a while.
    Last edited by Marb; 22nd January 2019 at 5:49 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (22nd January 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    Here's a rather good article on the Abbott fracas

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/01/22/man-up-diane/

Most of the correspondents on Spiked Online are staunchly for Brexit but it's a welcome antidote to mainstream received wisdom, particularly that of The Guardian

I find myself siding increasingly with Spiked's output; which might be worrying, I'm really not sure
    It's even more worrying to find yourself at least partially agreeing with Ozgood about the labour party.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Given the BBC has been seen as the pro ethnic diversity, pro multicultural, anti-racist public broadcasting channel for so long, there's definitely some irony in this story. Dianne Abbot has been character assassinated, rightly or wrongly, which is obviously par for the course in politics. This article is a good reminder to Labour MPs' to take nothing for granted, including their electorate. The left, is and always was more than just about promoting multiculturalism and fighting racism. I've been saying this for a while.
    Don't forget their rabid refusal to hand any new presenting jobs to men. Hard to believe that they have suddenly swung to the other side of the pendulum so quickly.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    It's even more worrying to find yourself at least partially agreeing with Ozgood about the labour party.
    ha ha ha ha.... BBC FILTH ... Advertise jobs for Blacks -Asians only ... imagine the reverse job advert ....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    Concerning yes, but Ozgood must be aghast to learn that he liked an article from on-line successor to the dead-tree Living Marxism

Like all of the more interesting people/groups/rags, Spiked's political leanings are hard to pin down, but it self-identifies as 'Libertarian-Left'

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    Concerning yes, but Ozgood must be aghast to learn that he liked an article from on-line successor to the dead-tree Living Marxism

Like all of the more interesting people/groups/rags, Spiked's political leanings are hard to pin down, but it self-identifies as 'Libertarian-Left'
    This has cheered me up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Another awful question time this bruce letting tory mp go on,stopping others from making a point and the constituency 60% remain audience huge 90% brexiteers again just blatant its ridiculous fiona bruce absolutely abysmal you may as well call it the conservative weekly..Nick ferrari a true gammon that's my representation of one,obnoxious pompous bloated..Even managed to get a 14 yrold brexiteer on the programme unreal this ****.. my daughter was laughiong her head off,this surely has to be a wind up..They have to get someone else to chair this programme fiona bruce is totally hopeless..
    Last edited by gigilo; 25th January 2019 at 12:42 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    hows it feel.... when Farage was in ukip .. this was normal behaviour on most debates... not letting him finishing his point of view and the audiences shouting him down .. i dont watch em unless i hear something that interests me.... hardly ever...im very confused now...more than usual so maybe this bruce bird is changing things for the best for my kind of divs

Banned
    Thanks
    marxism .. liberalists ffs .. im from the cheapest properties on the monopoly board .. born between a vinegar factory and a gin distillery

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    marxism .. liberalists ffs .. im from the cheapest properties on the monopoly board .. born between a vinegar factory and a gin distillery
    And heavily influenced by both, methinks.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Question time is finished under Fiona bruce,may as well have let the old tory fart Andrew neil take over at least he would scrutinise things,first time i've ever stopped watching it last night was absolutely pathetic this editor seems to be handpicking the audience as well,will give bruce 12 months she will be gone/.Stick to what she's good at,talking to people from her class that have been privileged enough to own antiques and portraits as hand me downs
    Last edited by gigilo; 25th January 2019 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    .Stick to what she's good at,talking to people from her class that have been privileged enough to own antiques and portraits as hand me downs
    100% spot on. Mrs and I know her as 'Ms BBC Middle Class Sunday Night' for years. Ever hear her break into fluent Italian and French for no reason other than to show the proles that she can?
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    100% spot on. Mrs and I know her as 'Ms BBC Middle Class Sunday Night' for years. Ever hear her break into fluent Italian and French for no reason other than to show the proles that she can?
    Pourquoi pas, alors?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I hope there is un article defini in there somewhere or there could be a probleme.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    Another awful question time
    Where was Owen Jones? Perhaps they're saving him for Lincoln next week which will certainly be a tough brexity gig

Didn't think it was too bad a programme, though as we live in such angry polarized times any prog that permits vox pop is going to be unruly. Ferrari is a blow-hard rabble-rouser, best ignored

What seems to be emanating from this series of QT so far is the public's dismay - across the Remain-Leave divide - at the prospect of a second referendum; a sentiment I largely share

Thanks
    Think the programmes a joke,i delivered 800 pamphlets for the peoples vote in my local area a brexiteer consituency a strong one,probably spoke to 40 locals and everyone agreed it was a good idea to have a peoples vote,question time editor has managed to to find/handpick an audience that seems last week 90% leave audience in a labour constituency and again this week 85% leave audience in a 60% remain area just stinks to me..I cannot watch the programme anylonger with Bruce chairing it,complete waste of time..
    There's not going to be a second referendum now though anywy,i just don't want people to be whineing on about it when it all goes tits up,just make sure they blame the tories as they should..
    Last edited by gigilo; 26th January 2019 at 2:34 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

moehat (27th January 2019)

Banned
    Thanks
    i wished youd have come to my house

Thanks
    I skip the shitoles/...

Thanks
    I thought it couldn't get any worse and surprise surprIse it did,after watching question time last night i never realized that scotland was such a strong unionist,anti europe brexiteer country,nice to see man in red track suit shouty unionist getting backed by 80% of the hand picked audience already made at least three appearences previoualy..,did he and michael forsyth check each others lines beoire the programme started.. ?They managed to by chance pick an audience that seemed to be conservative voters in what is a hugely anti conservatuve area,it absoutely stinks the whole programme,if its going to be like that at Motherwell its going to be even worse at any other constituency,RIP question time...

Have just read the loud mouth who got all the backing of the crowd,coincidentally you couldn't miss him man in red track suit is a failed UKIP candidate also has been on beoire in a similarly orange track suit,coincidentally given air time...How have the torys got a grip on a programme like this,it's a complete tory rag with huge bias,the very first episode bruce introduced was highy suspicious and now its been confirmed,what the hell is going on how are they getting away with it and not even trying to hide it..Infact its almost as though they are making it openly obvious,this editor and bruce need sacking,the agendas been set and just expect same more of the same..

Another thing venezeula is this whats going to be rammed into the electorate,nothing to do with us who gives a flying fcuk about it keep our noses out leave it to the US to interfere with,again getting this stuff rammed day after day about Corbyn turning us into venezeula and a communist state did they not learn the last time around...

Most rigged QT ever its been declared by the people of Motherwell,rancid bbc plants and has been every week i brought it up the very first week bruce hosted the programmeglad its not going unnoticed,althouigh i see in english press not a word about it unbelievable..
    No wonder more people are becoming more left wing ffs,this is an absolute disgrace can't ever remenmber seeing stuff like this since the rancid 80s..
    Last edited by gigilo; 9th February 2019 at 12:47 AM.