Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    My Tent or Yours too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.

Thanks
    The thing is, those horses and Recession Proof who having won the Betfair finished 5th behind 4 top, top class horses in undoubtedly the best Supreme of all time, and even Ballyandy are from a relatively small number of novices to run at Newbury.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    I agree. Forget the stat for winners. So many have gone close and it's an irrefutable fact that they have a great record in the Supreme.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Again handicap experience against a field of novices will always stand to a horse; they think quicker, jump quicker and are not put off by a crowd.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Whilst there’s a case to be made for saying the race brings novices on, there’s probably also a case to be made for saying it might also knock the edge of them a little bit.......or at least, that it’s perhaps harder to recover from, than other potential prep races.

FWIW, I reckon it looks inconclusive either way, and it’s probably wise to consider both factors, when weighing-up the Supreme. I’m not convinced there’s evidence to suggest it’s more significant a trial than, say the Tolworth. For a start, there’s been too many Irish winners of the race, that never went anywhere near Newbury.

IMO, whilst it looks like a potentially informative stat, it would be wrong to assume that it’s key to unlocking the Supreme.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 11th January 2019 at 9:23 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018