Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham Festival Antepost Bets

Thanks

Cheltenham Festival Antepost Bets

With Skybet now going no runner no bet it's a good time to get this up, particularly as it's useful for getting some good ideas.

These are all the multiples and singles I have so far including possible returns and, whilst there are one or two ropey looking multiples (Laurina in the mares for example), I'm pretty happy with my position at this stage.

All my multis are with 365, excluding four I cashed out early early involving Samcro for the JLT, and a couple I retrospectively edited. The 365 cash out option is great, and I wouldn't do multis anywhere else. The last three singles at the very bottom are my first nrnb's:

Buveur D’air 7/2, Penhill 5/1 £540
    Laurina (Mares) 5/2, Tiger Roll 4/1, Altior 7/4 £481.25
    Kalashnikov 10/1, Tiger Roll 4/1, Next Destination 10/1, Laurina (Mares) 5/2 £10587.50
    Laurina (CH) 5/1, Tiger Roll 4/1 £300
    Kalashnikov 6/1, Tiger Roll 4/1 £525
    Kalashnikov 6/1, Tiger Roll 4/1, Footpad (CC) 3/1 £700
    Kalashnikov 6/1, Tiger Roll 4/1, Altior 6/4 £1750
    Kalashnikov 6/1, Tiger Roll 4/1, Buveur D’air 11/4 £1312.50
    Annamix (Sup) 11/1, Tornado Flyer (BM) 25/1, Carefully Selected (AB) 20/1 £13104
    Kalashnikov 6/1, Laurina (CH) 5/1, Tiger Roll 4/1 £1050
    Lalor 4/1, Santini 7/2, Altior 5/4, Tiger Roll 3/1, Buveur D’air 1/1 £2025
    Penhill 11/2, Presenting Percy 5/1, Tiger Roll 3/1, Lalor 4/1 £3993.51
    Glenloe (NHC) 25/1, Tornado Flyer (BNH) 12/1, Next Destination (RSA) 8/1 EW £15645
    Buveur D’air 8/11, Altior 1/2, Benie Des Dieux 3/1, Tiger Roll 3/1, Presenting Percy 5/1 £2280
    Kalashnikov 6/1, Santini 7/2, Tiger Roll 3/1 £405
    Presenting Percy 9/2, Gilgamboa 8/1 £990
    Tiger Roll 3/1, Presenting Percy 9/2, Gilgamboa 8/1 £990
    Tiger Roll 3/1, The Storyteller 20/1, Gilgamboa 8/1 £3780
    Tornado Flyer 12/1, Next Destination 8/1 £585
    Tornado Flyer 12/1, Next Destination 8/1, Vinndication 33/1 JLT EW £40890
    Dynamite Dollars (ARK) 10/1, Blow By Blow (NHC) 20/1, The Storyteller (CC) 20/1, Tornado Flyer (BNH) 12/1, Next Destination (RSA) 8/1, Gilgamboa (FH) 8/1 10p ew Lucky 63 £814883.80
    Kalashnikov 5/1, Next Destination 8/1, Topofthegame 12/1 £1951.56 (edited)
    Road To Respect (GC) 12/1, Voix Du Reve (ARK) 16/1, EW £1429.13 (edited)
    Adjali 16/1 ew Triumph £212
    Buveur D’air 7/2 win Champion Hurdle £225
    Tiger Roll 4/1 win X-Country £250
    Presenting Percy 5/1 win Gold Gup £300
    Kalashnikov 10/1 win Arkle £220
    Next Destination 10/1 win RSA £220
    Dynamite Dollars 14/1 ew Arkle £282
    Tornado Flyer 25/1 ew Ballymore £320
    Carefully Selected 25/1 ew Albert Bartlett £320
    Road To Respect 12/1 ew Gold Cup £246
    Gilgamboa 8/1 win Foxhunter £180
    Vinndication 33/1 ew JLT £416
    Glenloe 14/1 nrnb NHC £188
    Benie Des Dieux 10/1 ew nrnb Ryanair £210
    Black Op 14/1 ew nrnb Stayers £282

So what have you got guys? I generally start topping up again in January and I'm looking for some inspiration.
    Last edited by Maruco; 3rd January 2019 at 11:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    I don't really play these markets anymore as day of racing market tends to be so competitive anyway but Monalee in the Ryanair will be my biggest winner of what i have down so far
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I tend to dick around with trebles up ew on 6 selections for small stakes, otherwise I follow the Granger logic. Someday my ship will come in but with my luck I'll probably be at the airport when it does.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    The Worlds End, RSA, 16/1 ew
    The Worlds End, RSA, 20/1 ew NRNB/BOG
    Illegitimi non carborundum

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Double J (3rd January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    With Skybet now going no runner no bet
    They're also BOG.

They deserve to get business.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Skybet was the default option for me for around 3 years but now don’t let me have the benefit of bonus offers.

Thanks
    Arkle - Defi 25s
    Arkle - Lalor 7s
    CH - Melon 10s
    NHC - Ballyward 33s
    RSA - Santini 12s
    QM - Min 25s
    Ryan - Monalee 16s
    Ryan - Shattered Love 16s
    GC - R2R 18s
    Any - Paloma Blue 15s

Multis
    Kew Gardens (Leg) Roaring Lion (ICS) Footpad (QM) 4s Treb
    Footpad (Ryan), Percy (GC) 5s&9/2 NRNB
    Footpad (QM), Percy (GC) 7s&4s NRNB
    Kalashnikov (JLT 5s), Top Notch (Ryan 12s), Paisley Park (SH 10s), Percy (GC 4s) L15 NRNB
    Lalor (Ark 11/2), Topofthegame (RSA 8s), R2R (GC 12s) Trix NRNB

Last edited by Euronymous; 3rd January 2019 at 3:33 PM.

Thanks
    I'm biased but I love the Monalee bet for the Ryanair - Do you still keep a betting blog euro?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Monalee for the Ryanair nrnb is a good shout. I've had a nagging feeling they might chance their arm in the Gold Cup so I've left him alone so far. There's not many at the head of the Ryanair market that will likely turn up which creates some nice value prices.

Out of interest Euro, the Footpad multiple that doesn't happen, is it a void bet or does it become a single on Percy?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    I'm biased but I love the Monalee bet for the Ryanair - Do you still keep a betting blog euro?

No. I stopped about three years ago when I realised half the racing people on Twitter seemed to have one.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 3rd January 2019 at 3:56 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post

Out of interest Euro, the Footpad multiple that doesn't happen, is it a void bet or does it become a single on Percy?
    Becomes a single

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post

No. I stopped about three years ago when I realised half the racing people on Twitter seemed to have one.
    do you still maintain your own p/l records?

Thanks
    Oh yes, I've recorded every bet I've made since 1991. Been a good last few years - leaving the railway in 2013 was the best thing that's ever happened to my betting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

granger (3rd January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

edgt (10th January 2019)

Thanks
    I've got Al Boum Photo 33's for the Gold Cup antepost. If it turns up soft ground, I think he's a big player.
    A clean round of jumping (which is a slight concern with him, ask Ruby!) & he'll be there at the finish in my opinion. Needs some cut though.Of course a slight danger they may go Ryanair.
    If it's good ground, I fancy Road to Respect.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DannyB For This Useful Post:

Marb (11th January 2019)

Thanks
    It's been a really weird year for ante post betting for me. I was saying to wilsonl the other day, last year I stood to win £15k+ from free bet concessions from bookies throughout the year and putting them on multiples but this year its probably only £1k because bookies have just become worse and worse.
    In past years I have got really stuck in antepost as well but it is so tricky but that is also why I think it is going to be one of the best festivals in years viewing wise...punting wise however, it could be a blood bath!
    I was so sweet on Footpad from then end of last season for the QMCC but now I just can't see past Altior but he is the only banker for me at this time which is great! I backed Laurina immediately after last years Mares Novice for the Champion but that was only a small stake!

Apart from silly multiples from Sky Bets (generous ) £5 free bet a week mainly with Santini, Buveur, Laurina, Delta Work, Percy, Tiger Roll and Apples Jade (all the obvious ones); I only have Espoir Dallen at 25/1 nrnb for the Champion and Vinndication at 20/1 for the JLT in my book, which now Master Dino sadly won't be turning up, I am quietly confident on.

I was keen early doors on Blow by Blow for the 4 miler (and still am) along with Mortal, I like Paisley Park for the Stayers and I like Tiger Tap Tap in the Triumph but I will most probably wait to wet my whistle until after Dublin.

But if you pressed me now...and I am not going to reinvent the wheel....
    Champion - Laurina (awful price)
    QMCC - Altior wins
    Ryan Air - Waiting Patiently
    Stayers - Paisley Park
    Gold Cup - Percy but if what is said on here is true I would give Kemboy a squeak
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
    Twitter

Thanks
    There's a decent opening day e/w treble containing three solid, potential winners that are "likely" to attend the gigs.

Al Dancer (Supreme). There may be sexier horses yet to come to the fore in this race such as Angels Breath and Champagne Platinum (who I've had a nibble at at 16/1) but the Twister horse is scheduled to run in the Betfair and that's a race that I've always been keen to see Supreme candidates take in as it gives them the experience of big field, truly run races - as opposed to hosing up in 4-5 runner graded novice events. 12/1 1/4 odds currently available, which is fair considering he'll be much shorter should he win the betfair off 141. MTOY p1ssed up in that race admittedly but was borderline even money for the Supreme shortly afterwards. Something that will live long in the brain as I was holding a 33/1 win only voucher and had already spent the winnings half way up the Prestbury hill

Le Richebourg (Arkle). Good ground horse who I've liked since his bumper days. Seemed to lose his way at the start of last year but has been steadily brought to hand by his talented trainer. Will be shorter than the 8/1 currently available if he wins at the DRF, which is his next target.

OK Corral (NH Chase). I like this race as a stepping stone to Cheltenham and as much as I like Rocky's Treasure I've a suspicion he'll go RSA route and it has to be extremely telling that O'Connor comes over for the ride on Hendo's horse. This fella finished a staying on second in the potato race last year so has course form and even an honourable defeat tomorrow will mean he's nowhere near double figures on the day with DOC on board in a race where the jockey has proved to be hugely influential. Unfortunately his odds are tumbling as a result of tomorrow's jockey booking but still available at 8/1

so...

Al Dancer 12/1
    Le Richebourg 7/1
    Ok Corral 8/1

e/w treble has just been backed with Bet365
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Twister horse is scheduled to run in the Betfair and that's a race that I've always been keen to see Supreme candidates take in as it gives them the experience of big field, truly run races - as opposed to hosing up in 4-5 runner graded novice events.
    I like the competitiveness of the Betfair too and had a good sized bet on Kalashnikov for the Supreme last year. But I'm wondering, how many horses have won the Betfair and gone on to win the Supreme. MTOY came closest that I can recall, in recent years anyway. What about placed horses in the Betfair that have won the Supreme?

My point is that while I fully agree with the experience of a big field truly run race that the Betfair gives Novices - the record of them actually winner the Supreme is terrible.
    Last edited by Double Handful; 11th January 2019 at 4:57 PM.

Thanks
    But there have been plenty that have run well in both DH and that's good enough for me. Of course Al Dancer first needs to put in a performance in arguably the most competitive handicap hurdle outside of the festival (for which he's currently favourite) but if he does then his chances of hitting the frame in, with a genuine chance of winning, the Supreme would be extremely high IMO, especially in a year where at this stage there appear to be no standout.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 11th January 2019 at 4:46 PM.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post
    What about placed horses in the Betfair that have won the Supreme?

My point is that while I fully agree with the experience of a big field truly run races that the betfair gives Novices - the record of them actually winner the Supreme is terrible.
    Get me out of here and Darlan off the top of me head ran well in both, Darlan falling when looking the likely winner at Newbury