Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling Kauto Abu

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts

Calling Kauto Abu

KA, any gen on the pecking order re I Can't Explain and the Angel horse out tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks

Calling Kauto Abu

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    KA, any gen on the pecking order re I Can't Explain and the Angel horse out tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.
    DO, they are both held in the highest regard. When ICE ran i got a txt before saying that he wouldn’t be beaten and to back him for Supreme too as 33s wouldn’t last and he was their supreme horse at the time.

Last week before Angels Breath was pulled from Cheltenham the text read “big one, have what you like”. They’re probably putting him in this as there’s not many other options. He was entered at Kempton too but the track would probably be against him.

Reading between the lines the fact they originally saw ICE as their Supreme horse i’d imagine he was ahead but then if this fella wins and wins well today then that could all change. They are both bound to improve for their debuts but on homework it seems like ICE was the better one.

They also run Gallaghers Cross in the first today who is very highly regarded too & will appreciate a trip in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kauto Abu; 21st December 2018 at 2:14 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kauto Abu For This Useful Post:

Danny (21st December 2018)

Thanks
    Appreciated, KA. I also took the big price ICE before it ran recently. Happy enough with that for now.

Thanks
    No prob DO. They actually cut AB from 33s to 25 for the Supreme after he was withdrawn last week. Suspect this was down to the flood of money that came for him for that Cheltenham novice trial.

Thanks
    Fair play Kauto he's done that well cheers.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Kauto Abu (21st December 2018)

Thanks
    He did but bit of a farcical race. Only 4 hurdles and no Thomas Derby but he showed here what he shows at home by all accounts. Surprised he had such a turn of foot for a p2p winner.

Cut to general 12/1 price but as short as 8/1 in some places. Bit of an overreaction considering the lack of pace early on, lack of hurdles and any real serious opposition.

This fella was a lot more forward than ICE too having been well prepared for another p2p by PJ Doyle in Tipperary before he was sold.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kauto Abu For This Useful Post:

Danny (21st December 2018)

Thanks
    I wouldn't want to be laying him for the Supreme Kauto. Angles Breath won his point at Moira which is fairly sharp, and quickened down the hill in a few strides. His jumping was a bit hit and miss that day but it was ok today against previous winners albeit jumping wasn't at a premium. Downside is how much improvement he will have coming from Pat Doyle academy but that usually happens further down the line.

I saw first hand I Can't Explain win his point. He is a bull of a horse and would have far less done coming from Eric McNamara. He wore earplugs in Sandown as he can be a bit hot like a lot of his sire's progeny. Long term chaser and would need a testing ground supreme to line up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Next road to cheltenham stop is Champ in the Challow Hurdle on the 29th of this month.......I'd be taking 10/1 just now for the Neptune.
    Last edited by Tanlic; 21st December 2018 at 5:42 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Next road to cheltenham stop is Champ in the Challow Hurdle on the 29th of this month.......I'd be taking 10/1 just now for the Neptune.
    Pissed up Now 5/1...........that's 83 quid on a hundred if you can green up
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Do you think he'll go for the neptune (is that the the 2m5f is called these days ) Tanlic ?

Looks absolutely Tailor made for the Supreme. Joke of a race yesterday but still very impressive. Can't wait to see him in full flight.
    Last edited by Danny; 30th December 2018 at 4:37 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That I'm told has been the plan all along....so far so good. JP has Champagne Platinum in the Supreme and he is improving fast. JP also has Birchdale and he's in on Monday at Chelteham for the Balmore trial if all goes well..He's expected to win that so I suppose an exceptional performance could change their plans......

Personally I would say he'd be well within his comfort zone at 2m5f pace an still be able to quicken better than most but over 2 miles....that advantage might be diminished
    Formely Fist of Fury

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Danny (30th December 2018)

Thanks
    I Can't Explain declared for the Ballymore Trial tomorrow in Cheltenham...could be vying for favouritism in March come tomorrow evening.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redundant pal View Post
    I Can't Explain declared for the Ballymore Trial tomorrow in Cheltenham...could be vying for favouritism in March come tomorrow evening.
    Let's hope so

Thanks
    Hendo has a quite ridiculous string of novice hurdlers this season. He's going to have fun splitting them up as to my eye the majority look Ballymore types.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Wait until they all go chasing
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjers View Post
    Hendo has a quite ridiculous string of novice hurdlers this season. He's going to have fun splitting them up as to my eye the majority look Ballymore types.
    Lets hope he re-directs Champ

Thanks
    I went in to take 25/1 ICE this evening [for the Supreme] ahead of tomorrow hoping to lay off the bets at under 10/1 should he win, ideally impressively.

There appeared to be some 33/1 at Betfair so I went in to take that. Imagine my surprise - or should that be worry? - when parts of the bet were matched at 150.

Could it be that there might be an issue with ICE?

Thanks
    He runs in the Ballymore trial..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redundant pal View Post
    He runs in the Ballymore trial..
    Obviously I know that, RP. Just wondering if they now think the 2m might be too sharp for him.

Thanks

Calling Kauto Abu

DO, I know they were very happy with the gears Mr Fisher showed at Kempton last week which would definitely have him in the Supreme picture. He was always fast but he surprised them in how easily he won it there. They think Angels Breath is very good too but may need it soft because of his action. I presume tomorrow is about finding out how this lad goes on better ground and up in trip, but he is not slow by any means and is very highly regarded. Up to yesterday Birchdale was going to head here but they then changed their minds and decided to send ICE instead.

The money alone this evening will tell you the regard he’s held in. He opened 7/4 with B365 before 4pm and I struggled to get a bet on because he was shortening literally as I was trying. He went from 7/4 into evens in a matter of minutes and is now 8/13 with the same firm. Most of them beyond use B365 so he’s been fairly well pounded.

They have Mr Fisher, Champagne Platinum, Angels Breath, Rathhill, Birchdale, I Can’t Explain, Champ & I’m probably leaving out one too but any stable would love to have one of those.

Last edited by Kauto Abu; 31st December 2018 at 8:57 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kauto Abu For This Useful Post:

Danny (1st January 2019), Desert Orchid (31st December 2018)