Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leopardstown/Limerick Christmas

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Disagree with that he's no quitter Buvi is a brilliant hurdler and to be able to chase him up in the Champion Hurdle like that is 10 times more noteworthy than in a trial
    Last edited by Tanlic; 29th December 2018 at 12:15 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Melon had the opportunity in the Champion Hurdle to do to Buveur the same thing that was done to him the other day by Verdana Blue, but unlike the mare he didn't have the guts to go through with it.

I've gone for Supasundae as well. It seems ground matters to him more than trip and it should be fine for him today.
    A little bit harsh maybe Art. It was only a nk and he has had a funny sort of career with a rushed novice career. Am sure a March Buv is far more primed than a Dec hurdle Buv also
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    DJ not really against me I quite like Supersundae too for me the race is just too close to call and just a watching brief.

TRR - I'm currently out at the moment and can't really post in depth. I went through the main races today and couldn't really come up with a very solid opinion I think the market leaders are fairly strong in the main. The likes of Lady buttons looked solid but I drew the same conclusion as Simon Rowlands that over the longer trip I'd let her go unbacked at the price.I'm a huge fan of Champ but tbh after the way he ran last time I'd rather have seen him dropped back in trip I'd be thinking supreme rather than Ballymore. He has every chance of course but I did feel that Getaway Trump is a very decent sort too and if forced to make a play I'd probably go the reverse forecast route. Taking on board that rowley has put up the other one but my take was he was quite keen last time over a shorter trip and whilst he could be anything Trump is more experienced and Champ just looks like an absolute beast between them they set a high standard to be beating on just the horses second start over timber and first at the trip.

In the others I quite liked Ballydine and Commodore Barry but nothing really to get excited about at the prices.
    Last edited by Danny; 29th December 2018 at 1:32 PM.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Marb (29th December 2018), Therightroad (29th December 2018)

Thanks
    Well played with Sharjah Dan, race played exactly how I thought, Sharjah winning though rather than Supasundae.

I'll be going in on Supasundae for Stayers again, stayed on well for second. Whatever prices you got on Sharjah will be long gone.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't Samcro is a boat but I also believe in Ferries
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Don't keep jumpers hurdling or stayers into speed horses
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Well played with Sharjah Dan, race played exactly how I thought, Sharjah winning though rather than Supasundae.

I'll be going in on Supasundae for Stayers again, stayed on well for second. Whatever prices you got on Sharjah will be long gone.
    Yeah he's done that nicely hasn't he I wasn't 100% sure what I'd got for him last time was correct or that he'd reproduce it but it seems as though good ground and a strong pace to aim off is all he need to strut his stuff.

In other New Carloes Destrier nuts Ballydine ....the amount of chances I gave that horse last season and I think a few others on here did too but I'd completely given up on him, sickener.
    Last edited by Danny; 29th December 2018 at 3:56 PM.

Thanks
    i'm not even sure its the trip with samcro. he's travelling well enough through these races. he was cruising after the 2nd last today but he's just not seeing it out after the last.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Too big an ask too soon maybe..could be 2 years before he bounces back
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    DJ not really against me I quite like Supersundae too for me the race is just too close to call and just a watching brief.

TRR - I'm currently out at the moment and can't really post in depth. I went through the main races today and couldn't really come up with a very solid opinion I think the market leaders are fairly strong in the main. The likes of Lady buttons looked solid but I drew the same conclusion as Simon Rowlands that over the longer trip I'd let her go unbacked at the price.I'm a huge fan of Champ but tbh after the way he ran last time I'd rather have seen him dropped back in trip I'd be thinking supreme rather than Ballymore. He has every chance of course but I did feel that Getaway Trump is a very decent sort too and if forced to make a play I'd probably go the reverse forecast route. Taking on board that rowley has put up the other one but my take was he was quite keen last time over a shorter trip and whilst he could be anything Trump is more experienced and Champ just looks like an absolute beast between them they set a high standard to be beating on just the horses second start over timber and first at the trip.

In the others I quite liked Ballydine and Commodore Barry but nothing really to get excited about at the prices.
    Very informed post as always Danny , much appreciated . You had champs race bang on . Best of luck with your new work role . If I was your boss you’d be on very lite duties ie out the back marking my card for the days racing ahead lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Therightroad For This Useful Post:

Danny (29th December 2018)

Thanks
    Haha no worries mate it turned out to be what I expected in the end although Caroles Destrier spoiled the day somewhat. All the best I'll see if I can come up with something worthwhile for New years day at Cheltenham.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Therightroad (29th December 2018)

Thanks
    Fine few days racing

Plenty of upsets, not sure the Irish novices are too class but Delta Work looks very good and hopefully next destination sees a track soon

Delighted and relieved that Faugheen got up, that would have been awful.

Delighted for our forumites in with a chance of good cup glory. Good luck lads

Supreme are some outfit to source a horselads

The bumper today looked a very good race, winner will surely be sold in the next week

16. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Danny (29th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Very rarely do I call ''foul'', but it's difficult to believe what I witnessed today.
    A top Irish racehorse (Samcro), aided by a leading trainer and jockey, wasn't given a near-positive enough ride to convince today's gd1 was anything more than a training session, and we were treated to the unedifying spectacle of a putative pacemaker (A rag, who led for most of the race, yet still had enough energy left to finish 3rd) setting such a test that 6 of the field could be covered by a blanket between the last 2 hurdles.
    Thousands of the horse's supporters weren't given a reasonable run for their money and - more than just a blatant non-trier - the ride amounted to daylight robbery.
    Sickened by the whole sorry fiasco, and it'll be a long cold day before I'll ever take an interest in Irish NH racing again.

Thanks
    Agree re-Faugheen granger watched the replays last night that fall was horrific.

Reet I hadn't watched the full race today I just caught the finish. Was it that bad ? I thought the Mooch would have scorched the turf, really surprised they've used Tombstone.

I'm always wary about getting involved over in Ireland the whole season just seems to be a prep for Cheltenham and don't get me wrong it seems to work for them but it for me has always been a punters graveyard over there.

Thanks
    By far the worst weeks punting I've ever had, but not due to foul play in my case anyway.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Very rarely do I call ''foul'', but it's difficult to believe what I witnessed today.
    A top Irish racehorse (Samcro), aided by a leading trainer and jockey, wasn't given a near-positive enough ride to convince today's gd1 was anything more than a training session, and we were treated to the unedifying spectacle of a putative pacemaker (A rag, who led for most of the race, yet still had enough energy left to finish 3rd) setting such a test that 6 of the field could be covered by a blanket between the last 2 hurdles.
    Thousands of the horse's supporters weren't given a reasonable run for their money and - more than just a blatant non-trier - the ride amounted to daylight robbery.
    Sickened by the whole sorry fiasco, and it'll be a long cold day before I'll ever take an interest in Irish NH racing again.
    Ironic that you are claiming that Tombstone was ridden to achieve its best possible placing and not cut its own throat is a sign of foul play.

Thought Samcro came upside coming down to the last and finished so tamely that if anyone had punted on him, they would have lost their money whichever way the race was run.

Thanks
    Also, I cannot see what Samcro's performance was a training session for. My guess is that connections are sick.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    Also, I cannot see what Samcro's performance was a training session for. My guess is that connections are sick.
    Agree with you 100%.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I expect so also.
    Supasundae was a shade unlucky but was caught for pace after second last.
    Remember this race was always Hardy Eustace's worst run of the season, going may have been a tad quick for Samcro but very disappointing.
    Finny Maguire stole the Bumper and has come of age this week with some great rides.
    Barry Connell's winner in first race today visually the performance of the week; he flew the last ditch and went last to near first in 75 yards and flew home, at least a stone ahead of handicapper.
    He looks tailor made for Close Brothers Novice Chase.

Delighted for Supreme Racing and all the pals here who are paid up members for lots of dreaming over the next few weeks; I remember recommending membership to one or two forumites so i do hope my seat on the dream express in Tatts is still open to me should the vacancy exist !

Forgot to mention Westerner Point at Limerick winning Tim Duggan chase for second time at 14/1.
    He has now won 10 races and is not finished yet; delighted for all locals involved for whom he is the horse of a lifetime.
    Last edited by edgt; 30th December 2018 at 12:15 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

Danny (30th December 2018)

Thanks
    Does Sharjah look like a young chaser or hurdler in the flesh?
    Last edited by granger; 29th December 2018 at 11:21 PM.