Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Christmas funds booster thread

Thanks
    bad luck Danny.

I had worse luck last cpl of weeks , WA10 6 postcode wins the postcode lottery £3m shared amongst what maybe max 1000 min 100 folks. Theyre knocking on doors today. WA10 6UP is mine and i cancelled it in June after winning sweet FA for 18 months.

Anything between 30k and 300k , am trying hard not to check the distribution

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Holy **** thats sick !
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto Abu View Post
    I’m hoping Moonshine Bay in the first at Thurles will go a way to boosting the Christmas funds. Some of the Angel Breath winnings going back into this fella.

Handles the ground and the first time seeing a fence over 3m. He holds loftier entries than this and is a former p2p winner.

7/2 with B365 taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well done Kauto 👍

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Therightroad For This Useful Post:

Kauto Abu (22nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Ditto.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Kauto Abu (22nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Good old Marble well done mate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Marb (25th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks.. my heart was firmly in my mouth. I would have taken them for several thousand if they'd accept a proper bet. I was on to him last Sunday.
    Last edited by Marb; 22nd December 2018 at 4:45 PM.

Thanks
    I'll be honest if that 33/1 ex french rag has done me out of the treble there is a chance my laptop will be flying through the Black country skies very shortly after the Betfair exchange hurdle.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I'll be honest if that 33/1 ex french rag has done me out of the treble there is a chance my laptop will be flying through the Black country skies very shortly after the Betfair exchange hurdle.
    That stank. Surely Hendo knew what kind of ability that horse had so why didn't he talk Jacob on to it. I suspect the trainer landed a quiet touch for himself.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Well he's cost me a fortune but how'd do you like them apples !!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Mohaayed tough horse, pleased for Danny. Well done.
    Last edited by Marb; 22nd December 2018 at 4:44 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I know I said I'd come up with some sort of permed multi for this weekend and believe me I've tried but I wouldn't be too confident with what I've come up with so tread with care.

The Tommy whittle I'd probably side with Testify (Course form) The win over Lakefield leader here looks good and I was taken with how Hemmings bought the runner up after his horse had beaten him comfortably. Dalondike is the other, he was getting involved in the Irish Nash before taking the roots out of one. The ground possibly too fast first time up or actually more likely that he needed the run certainly ran that way, he was going the right way before that so perhaps Marble will land the xmas dough all round personally I'll have a few sheckels on both and a pop at the fc . I thought Valadom was an interesting outsider but not enough to get involved with.

In the Silver Cup I've again come to a couple by default. Probably Minella Daddy and Jammin Masters are best of the survivors but can't say as I'm mad keen on either. Gold present (ground concerns) Full glass (experience or lack of, jumping concerns and short price) Thomas Patrick (Handicappers grip/ hard race first time up might have done for him) Otago trail (bounce ) Last Samuri ( Harry Fry ) Benetar and Flying Angel ( all known form don't stay). I'd had a bet on Minella Daddy Antepost at 14's thinking Gold present would be pulled on bad ground but Henderson may let him run to get his mark down or in fact he may well go on the soft "this time" and making me look a complete coont haha. I'll side with my two for the perm.

The big handicap hurdle in the end for the perms sake I think I ended up with Mohaayed as explained his chances earlier in the week. Mr Antolini as he'll be off the front end and hard to pass so looks like good place material although the handicapper might just have him in terms of winning and I think Flying tiger has sneaked in there even though it pains me to give him yet another chance. I did have Western Ryder on my radar but the price had gone by the time I come to place the bet at 14's he'd of been in at 10's he's not so the Tiger gets called up off the bench. I had backed a few of these single in the Ante-post market including Western Ryder at 14's so not the worst result in the world if he does win. I have to say Mohaayed, at the prices was certainly my number 1 selection. However, at the last minute I've come to the conclusion that Paul Nicholls Grand Sancy looks the business with only 1 slight/major concern to worry about and that's the ground will he go on it ? No idea myself, he finished 2nd 3 times in lesser events on softer surfaces last year before pulling up at the festival on soft ground. However has had wind done since and has gone from strength to strength on better ground. If he doesn't win today he's one worth following I think as I think he'll pick a big handicap up even if today is not the day. I've had 50 on the nut @26 ( if the ground had been better I'd have been loading up e/w) in what has invariably turned into a spray and pray mission but hopefully I'll turn a profit somehow . For the perms sake though I've stuck with those who should like the conditions and maybe a bit more reliable to frame. Just to recap if they got lost in the waffle that's - Mo', Mr Ant and the Tiger ( sounds like a childrens story).

Apologies it's not a stronger opinion ( or a better write up, I'm whacked) and I wouldn't pin your hopes of paying for Christmas or even having enough to purchase one sprout on the back of this perm but I've played 12 e/w trebles just to get me in the Christmas Spirit.

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas.

See you guys after the break
    Great tipping Danny ... outstanding tipping !!.. long may this thread continue !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Therightroad For This Useful Post:

Danny (22nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    That stank. Surely Hendo knew what kind of ability that horse had so why didn't he talk Jacob on to it. I suspect the trainer landed a quiet touch for himself.
    FFS -pure conspiracy theory -no evidence whatsoever.

Thanks
    Well Done Danny. Great shout.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kauto Abu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Nicely done, Danny.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Just a shame that Hendo rag did us for the treble I'd got on the treble 9/1 Dalondike 20/1 Mo' and 7's on Jammin master who produced miracles after the way he'd jumped to finish 2nd. Also Had a decent FC on Mo' and Grand Sancy and I thought just for a moment it was on also had a combi tricast with Western Ryder and Mr Antoilini so that was 1st 3rd 4th and 5th. Another nearly weekend but a good wins all the same. I'm sure I'd wrote up somewhere ealrier in the week but I've lost it that I'd included Mo' in some e/w doubles with The Shuffler and Coneygree in the King George and Dawsons ( super boat ) City for the Welsh Nash but I'm buggered if I can find them. Anyway buy's me some cheap interest over the festive season. Have a good Christmas lads and in all honesty I think a fair few stuck winning bets up today so hopefully its covered the cost of the Turkey at least Maybe next year we land the big kahuna !
    Last edited by Danny; 22nd December 2018 at 6:26 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Therightroad (22nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Top tipping Danny well done

24. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    My NAP for The Festive Period, is called The Sweeney.
    The Sweeney entered at Kempton - Boxing Day.

However, I am probably even more keen on Forest Bihan the following day at Wetherby.

I'd say Forest Bihan is the NAP of Christmas, and The Sweeney, max bet (E/W), the next best.

Looking forward to this.
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd December 2018 at 6:07 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Tiny Clanger (23rd December 2018)

Thanks
    Guv guv guv - more sweeneys level, am in

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Clanger For This Useful Post:

Marb (23rd December 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Forest Bihan will be the main bet. But I will do something each way on The Sweeney. The latter could start 12/1 or so, but the former I expect to be a fair amount shorter.
    Last edited by Marb; 24th December 2018 at 5:44 AM.

Thanks
    Fwiw marb I had a quick gaze through the Sweeney's race last night and it certainly seems an easier task than that conditionals race he was entered in and the RP website was showing him at 16/1 whether that's there I'm unsure. That race will be one of the first on my list when I start knuckling down on the Boxing Day's racing. So hopefully I'll have a stronger opinion on it on the day. Best of luck.
    Last edited by Danny; 24th December 2018 at 6:31 AM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Marb (24th December 2018)