Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Christmas funds booster thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    If any of you guys land the occasional large sum with a multi, do you not find your account(s) being restricted or even closed ?

Just curious.
    Yes. I'm ultra careful with singles in that I'll spread a typical £80 bet round a couple of layers and use an exchange as well. but hitting a multiple is not good for account health. Coral and Sky have bother restricted me because of hitting one. Others have been ok. The Sky one hurts because sometimes they'll go it alone pricing up a race so I cannot use anyone else - the maximum they allowed me on Thomas Darby this Friday in their Supreme trial was £12.50 @ 4s and he's now 11/4 across the board.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 18th December 2018 at 2:26 PM.

Thanks
    Angels Breath is the talking Henderson horse Euro. They reckon he’s a machine and he takes on TD on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    5/4 when I placed my bet yesterday. Have to take him on at that price.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    I am taking a slight chance the wind operation has brought out some improvement, Danny. However, we will only know for sure on Friday. Apart from his win at Wincanton last season, his placed run when in third the last day, behind the 150+ horse that won it, whose name escapes me, was his best run by a million miles to date; I reckon there is more to come. It's a subjective opinion.
    The horse The Sweeney was third behind the last day, was the 157 rated, Kim Bailey trained, Younevercall, who has himself an entry in The Long Walk on Saturday, for which he is top price 12/1.
    Last edited by Marb; 19th December 2018 at 6:05 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto Abu View Post
    Angels Breath is the talking Henderson horse Euro. They reckon he’s a machine and he takes on TD on Friday.

Yeah the word is out and it was also out for Style De Vole who went from 1.56 to 2.12 in a matter of 15 seconds just before the off.......6 figures matched someone had a right touch
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    no bets on this thread yet?...

Thanks
    Rather no bets than **** bets. Take your time and pick your punches.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

2017diary (19th December 2018), Double J (19th December 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Yeah the word is out and it was also out for Style De Vole who went from 1.56 to 2.12 in a matter of 15 seconds just before the off.......6 figures matched someone had a right touch
    Geraghty was comical there. He really didn’t want to win on him.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Mine wasn't declared today.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    Try Diocletian (8.00C -12/1 generally).
    Ran a blinder when winning a strongly run, valuable h'cap over the same distance at Donny, then wasn't helpeed at all when held up behind a stack and sprint pace subsequently.
    Never run on the AW before, but his 3 siblings all acquitted themselves well on it. Nice prize, too.
    Last edited by reet hard; 20th December 2018 at 2:16 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Danny (20th December 2018), Outsider (21st December 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Reet, will have a sporting bet on.

I had a bit of luck earlier in the week, as I was saying to Danny yesterday. I have invested on Daklondike anti-post for The Tommy Whittle, (Boylesports let me have a maximum of £37 on). Will support Nietzche on Saturday as I like the horse, so hope he does the double.
    Good luck with yours tonight.
    Last edited by Marb; 20th December 2018 at 6:03 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Marb I thought I'd go and have a butchers at this. Firstly going to get the Christmas money on what could be an 18 runner conditional jockey's race is certainly lets say the brave mans route I'm not really sure how you can have him as "very,very well handicapped" he's had 3 attempts off a mark of 122 finished 4th of 7 3rd of 4 and then 3rd of 13 last time after his wind op but was still beaten 14.5L. If you were being kind you could say he went well for a long way and maybe he might of needed the run after a few months off so could improve but this looks like a tougher race and thats a very big if considering his only win came after a couple of months break. Just off the top of my head Hendersons Follow the Bear was going well when coming down last time out and Le musee bumped into what looks like an absolute machine in the shape of Champ lto. Thats a tough contest just against those 2 without even considering the rest. I think you'll get a hell of a price marb if half of these line up so Santa really will be coming to your house if you can pull this off.

Best of luck though Marb.
    I got a little interested in this race after you'd mentioned it Marb I was hoping follow the bear would turn up but he hasn't. I'd stated that Le mussee had bumped into a machine last time in in the shape of Champ. That is a statement I'd stand by that Champ is probably going to be a very top level Novice hurdler. However it seems that some have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. Huge punt again on Le musee, the horse isn't without a chance but to my mind shouldn't be punted into favourtism. What made Champ Stand out was how fierce a grip he'd took all the way round and how strongly he finished which singles him out as a horse who doesn't belong in handicap company. However anything that finished behind is flattered by there proximity to him.

I just mention it as I think its created value against him I can't really make head nor tails of the rest No No juliet looks good as does NHP and DM ( and Lorcan is o.k in the saddle ). I don't like to get involved in conditional events but I've played a small combi on the 3 at prices just because I've wasted a lot of time on it.
    Last edited by Danny; 21st December 2018 at 1:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    (Boylesports let me have a maximum of £37 on).
    I can't get 37p on with that lot
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    What made Champ Stand out was how fierce a grip he'd took all the way round and how strongly he finished which singles him out as a horse who doesn't belong in handicap company. However anything that finished behind is flattered by there proximity to him.
    Champ was indeed impressive but take him out of the race and the form is still strong.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I was on Le musee last time and in fairness if you've got on at the early prices today think he was 8's then fair enough but the form doesn't warrant him being a 4/1 or 7/2 poke for this contest Imo, the way my lucks been this week though he could probably lap my 3 wearing lead boots.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Outsider (21st December 2018)

Thanks
    I did mention my luck was out

Darling Maltaix (9)
    No No Juliet (16)
    No Hiding Place (5)
    Tricast Singles, 1 bet * £2.00 @ 566.54
    21/12/2018 12:45:23 2.00 0.00

Had the Fc to a fiver at 60's plus and a 40/1 poke got right in the middle of them and spoiled it all.

You have to laugh or else you'd cry.
    Last edited by Danny; 21st December 2018 at 4:25 PM.

Thanks
    I did mention my luck was out

Darling Maltaix (9)
    No No Juliet (16)
    No Hiding Place (5)
    Tricast Singles, 1 bet * £2.00 @ 566.54
    21/12/2018 12:45:23 2.00 0.00

Had the Fc to a fiver at 60's plus and a 40/1 poke got right in the middle of them and spoiled it all.

You have to laugh or else you'd cry.
    A very good post on the race Danny , you know your stuff , I like others I’m sure appreciate your thoughts !

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Therightroad For This Useful Post:

Danny (21st December 2018)

Thanks
    I’m hoping Moonshine Bay in the first at Thurles will go a way to boosting the Christmas funds. Some of the Angel Breath winnings going back into this fella.

Handles the ground and the first time seeing a fence over 3m. He holds loftier entries than this and is a former p2p winner.

7/2 with B365 taken.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kauto Abu For This Useful Post:

Therightroad (21st December 2018)

Thanks
    I know I said I'd come up with some sort of permed multi for this weekend and believe me I've tried but I wouldn't be too confident with what I've come up with so tread with care.

The Tommy whittle I'd probably side with Testify (Course form) The win over Lakefield leader here looks good and I was taken with how Hemmings bought the runner up after his horse had beaten him comfortably. Dalondike is the other, he was getting involved in the Irish Nash before taking the roots out of one. The ground possibly too fast first time up or actually more likely that he needed the run certainly ran that way, he was going the right way before that so perhaps Marble will land the xmas dough all round personally I'll have a few sheckels on both and a pop at the fc . I thought Valadom was an interesting outsider but not enough to get involved with.

In the Silver Cup I've again come to a couple by default. Probably Minella Daddy and Jammin Masters are best of the survivors but can't say as I'm mad keen on either. Gold present (ground concerns) Full glass (experience or lack of, jumping concerns and short price) Thomas Patrick (Handicappers grip/ hard race first time up might have done for him) Otago trail (bounce ) Last Samuri ( Harry Fry ) Benetar and Flying Angel ( all known form don't stay). I'd had a bet on Minella Daddy Antepost at 14's thinking Gold present would be pulled on bad ground but Henderson may let him run to get his mark down or in fact he may well go on the soft "this time" and making me look a complete coont haha. I'll side with my two for the perm.

The big handicap hurdle in the end for the perms sake I think I ended up with Mohaayed as explained his chances earlier in the week. Mr Antolini as he'll be off the front end and hard to pass so looks like good place material although the handicapper might just have him in terms of winning and I think Flying tiger has sneaked in there even though it pains me to give him yet another chance. I did have Western Ryder on my radar but the price had gone by the time I come to place the bet at 14's he'd of been in at 10's he's not so the Tiger gets called up off the bench. I had backed a few of these single in the Ante-post market including Western Ryder at 14's so not the worst result in the world if he does win. I have to say Mohaayed, at the prices was certainly my number 1 selection. However, at the last minute I've come to the conclusion that Paul Nicholls Grand Sancy looks the business with only 1 slight/major concern to worry about and that's the ground will he go on it ? No idea myself, he finished 2nd 3 times in lesser events on softer surfaces last year before pulling up at the festival on soft ground. However has had wind done since and has gone from strength to strength on better ground. If he doesn't win today he's one worth following I think as I think he'll pick a big handicap up even if today is not the day. I've had 50 on the nut @26 ( if the ground had been better I'd have been loading up e/w) in what has invariably turned into a spray and pray mission but hopefully I'll turn a profit somehow . For the perms sake though I've stuck with those who should like the conditions and maybe a bit more reliable to frame. Just to recap if they got lost in the waffle that's - Mo', Mr Ant and the Tiger ( sounds like a childrens story).

Apologies it's not a stronger opinion ( or a better write up, I'm whacked) and I wouldn't pin your hopes of paying for Christmas or even having enough to purchase one sprout on the back of this perm but I've played 12 e/w trebles just to get me in the Christmas Spirit.

Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas.

See you guys after the break
    Last edited by Danny; 22nd December 2018 at 5:41 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Therightroad (22nd December 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    From sunny Fife Clan Legend heads for the Tommy Whittle with a lot of confidence behind him. He has been laid out for this and every man within 10 miles of Leslie is on I'm told

You have a few options here. I took a little 10/1 he's now around 8/1 but he is to be held up to get the trip so back to lay in running could show a good profit with less risk.

The real steal is 5/4 even better on the machine to be in the first 4...that is going to be my main bet. Note: Nothing is worth risking all your Xmas money on

Ho Ho Ho Hope he wins..Merry Xmas
    Last edited by Tanlic; 22nd December 2018 at 11:21 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Danny (22nd December 2018)