Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Clinton Affair

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Truce? Move on?
    Fine with me just don't go off on Mueller again, too me a real hero in this sorry saga.
    I did make some remarks on my own personal thread you started on the racing thread, which upon reflection were maybe a bit ill advised, so let's leave it at that.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

SlimChance
    I don't doubt for a second you believe what you say and I respect your service. I just think America will be great after Trump and I hope you don't regret renouncing your citizenship
    Last edited by SlimChance; 21st December 2018 at 4:29 AM.

Thanks
    Be great after America? No entiendo.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanr View Post
    Fine with me just don't go off on Mueller again, too me a real hero in this sorry saga.
    I did make some remarks on my own personal thread you started on the racing thread, which upon reflection were maybe a bit ill advised, so let's leave it at that.
    Im admitting they were ill advised. I'm as passionate about my position as you are yours that's why it escalates. BUT I'm sure if I met you in person we'd get on fine so I'm looking for a truce.

Thanks
    BUT I'm sure if I met you in person we'd get on fine so I'm looking for a truce.
    I see traction in that statement. Where's the peace pipe emoji?

SlimChance
    I'm trying here. Just meet me half way.

Thanks
    We're good maybe someday I'll pop over to Ireland for some race meet and we can down a few suds and exchange notes.
    Last edited by brendanr; 21st December 2018 at 4:39 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brendanr For This Useful Post:

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanr View Post
    We're good maybe someday I'll pop over to Ireland for some race meet and we can down a few suds.
    You'll be most welcome. **** politics.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I love Christmas.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to an capall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm happy to bet Trump's approval rating goes up. The media will spin it as if Puntin says that it's good than it Must be bad. This will be wildly popular with progressives on the left I'm a buyer of Trump's approval rating.
    As of today Trump's approval rating on the RCP average is 42.4. His lowest in the last 18 months has been 37.7 and his highest 44.4. There isn't much upside left.

I think you're likely deluding yourself if you think there's going to be a wave of liberal progressives who suddenly flock to Trump over a decision to retreat from Syria. Especially as they come to realise that its all about Turkey and trying to strike a deal with them which prevents the Turks from heaping further embarrassment on Trump's beloved Saudi Arabia. Indeed, I note that even Joe Scarborough got himself on message today having spent yesterday pursuing links to Putin. I can only assume that someone has explained the real motives behind Trump's move as he cryptically referenced "events in a courthouse earlier this week" (which was of course a secondary motive that I alluded to yesterday given that Flynn was an unregistered foreign agent for Turkey cracking deals on their behalf)

The people you're describing "progressives on the left" are higher information voters, they aren't going to perform a 180 on this cynical move. These people have long ago decided what they think about Trump. Their minds are made up. If you're relying on them to win a buy position you're likely going to struggle, and before you commit to it, you need to also trade out any loss of support from his own supporters who lap up the idea of exceptionalism.

Also you need to factor in other things when looking at the approval rating.

As things stand, he hasn't got a Chief of Staff, hasn't got an Attorney General, has just lost his Defence Secretary, he's just shut the government down, the stock market has had its worst December since 1931 and he's just been ordered to close his foundation down for inappropriate function. All this in the last 10 days. He's got a total 17 legal cases in against him, plus six major investigations. Someone is sooner or later going to put two and two together about Stephanie Wolkoff as well. This is just an example of one of them!

For those unaware, she's a friend of Melania Trump whose line of business is party planning and event organisation. She founded WIS Media Partners in December 2016, (six week before the inauguration) and was paid a bit less than $26m towards organising the event. On November 19th, 2016, Trump agreed to settle the legal case brought against him for fraud involving Trump University for a total of $25m. Coincidence? We'll see. Has he really used WIS to funnel his legal settlement through using inauguration donations to pay off his fine?

Trumps in real trouble, trust me.
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

SlimChance
    The idea that you think you are so smart that I will read an essay from you says a lot. Just because you write essays doesn't make you are smart. Answer a simple question. Is the USA removing troops from Syria and Afghanistan what the American people want? No one on this thread bar me will say this because you are all disingenuous. If Trump is against way you are for it. Address this in one sentence or don't bother. Otherwise I'm done talking to retards that think they are smarter than the general public. This thread is a perfect example why populism is on the rise.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 24th December 2018 at 5:57 AM.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    As of today Trump's approval rating on the RCP average is 42.4. His lowest in the last 18 months has been 37.7 and his highest 44.4. There isn't much upside left.

I think you're likely deluding yourself if you think there's going to be a wave of liberal progressives who suddenly flock to Trump over a decision to retreat from Syria. Especially as they come to realise that its all about Turkey and trying to strike a deal with them which prevents the Turks from heaping further embarrassment on Trump's beloved Saudi Arabia. Indeed, I note that even Joe Scarborough got himself on message today having spent yesterday pursuing links to Putin. I can only assume that someone has explained the real motives behind Trump's move as he cryptically referenced "events in a courthouse earlier this week" (which was of course a secondary motive that I alluded to yesterday given that Flynn was an unregistered foreign agent for Turkey cracking deals on their behalf)

The people you're describing "progressives on the left" are higher information voters, they aren't going to perform a 180 on this cynical move. These people have long ago decided what they think about Trump. Their minds are made up. If you're relying on them to win a buy position you're likely going to struggle, and before you commit to it, you need to also trade out any loss of support from his own supporters who lap up the idea of exceptionalism.

Also you need to factor in other things when looking at the approval rating.

As things stand, he hasn't got a Chief of Staff, hasn't got an Attorney General, has just lost his Defence Secretary, he's just shut the government down, the stock market has had its worst December since 1931 and he's just been ordered to close his foundation down for inappropriate function. All this in the last 10 days. He's got a total 17 legal cases in against him, plus six major investigations. Someone is sooner or later going to put two and two together about Stephanie Wolkoff as well. This is just an example of one of them!

For those unaware, she's a friend of Melania Trump whose line of business is party planning and event organisation. She founded WIS Media Partners in December 2016, (six week before the inauguration) and was paid a bit less than $26m towards organising the event. On November 19th, 2016, Trump agreed to settle the legal case brought against him for fraud involving Trump University for a total of $25m. Coincidence? We'll see. Has he really used WIS to funnel his legal settlement through using inauguration donations to pay off his fine?

Trumps in real trouble, trust me.
    Length of this ******* post from a retard in his mother's basement. I'll bet my life you've achieved nothing in life. For the 6 million word count you've written on here you've got **** all right. Michael Avenatti (NAP)
    Last edited by SlimChance; 24th December 2018 at 6:01 AM.

SlimChance
    Imagine we now live in a world where a hatred of a president is more important than stopping unnecessary wars and "intellects" defend it. You should all being ******* ashamed of yourselves.

Thanks
    Slim I don't really do politics on the basis of I have enough on my plate trying to keep myself in check.

For a guy who seems a) drunk most the time b) fairly abusive and resentful towards people c) a little bit insecure about his own success and d) very quick to perhaps suggest that other people are failing in in life (very much related to point c ) then it may be an idea to sort yourself out a little bit before you try to cure the world.

I'm not the brightest star but personally I'm glad people can have the freedom to express themselves in as many words as they like and that other people believe it or not have the freedom not to read it if they deem it too long for there attention span. Its a real weird phobia, the fear of "essays" as you call them but I'd suggest its becoming a common one judging by the success of Twitter.

As you like.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Slim I don't really do politics on the basis of I have enough on my plate trying to keep myself in check.

For a guy who seems a) drunk most the time b) fairly abusive and resentful towards people c) a little bit insecure about his own success and d) very quick to perhaps suggest that other people are failing in in life (very much related to point c ) then it may be an idea to sort yourself out a little bit before you try to cure the world.

I'm not the brightest star but personally I'm glad people can have the freedom to express themselves in as many words as they like and that other people believe it or not have the freedom not to read it if they deem it too long for there attention span. Its a real weird phobia, the fear of "essays" as you call them but I'd suggest its becoming a common one judging by the success of Twitter.

As you like.
    You're just sore because I removed you from the WhatsApp group. Sorry pal but that just capitalism and you know nothing about me to comment on my lifestyle.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 24th December 2018 at 6:28 AM.

SlimChance
    You're just sore because I removed you from the WhatsApp group. Sorry pal but that just capitalism and you know nothing about me to comment on my lifestyle.
    And btw you could have squeezed that essay into "I think you're a ****".

Thanks
    That's the point Slim I don't really think you're a **** just a kid who thinks he knows more than he does about life I actually find you amusing. Yeah I'm really sore about being removed from the Whats App group...I'll really miss Martin....nice guy...knows his ****
    Last edited by Danny; 24th December 2018 at 6:38 AM.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That's the point Slim I don't really think you're a **** just a kid who thinks he knows more than he does about life I actually find you amusing. Yeah I'm really sore about being removed from the Whats App group...I'll really miss Martin....nice guy...knows his ****
    A kid? Jesus wept.

Thanks
    Apologies I just presumed someone who threw tantrums...

SlimChance
    It will be with no regret that this will be my last post on this forum. Sick of dealing with retards like you.