Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Clinton Affair

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    The media will have to spin it the nareative that If Putin agrees then it must be wrong. This decision will be very popular with the American people. Expect his approval rating to go up on the back of this.
    Expect his approval rating to remain more or less where it is and always has been. His approval rating is hard baked into the system

Also the analysts who are linking this as a victory for Putin are probably looking in the wrong direction. This decision clears the way for Turkey to occupy the border area and clear the YPG back. The Kurds (who Trump once said had been very badly treated and let down etc) will be the victims.

So why is Trump crawling to Turkey you might ask? Well because the Saudi's pull his strings, and the Turks also have the Saudi's in a tight spot right now. This is a deal. Stop embarrassing the Saudi's and I'll let you do what ever the hell you like to the Kurds

Also this decision blindsided everyone, and 48 hours after Michael Flynn's sentencing was deferred with a US judge telling him that he'd "sold his country out" and that he could legitimately be considered as treason. Flynn you'll remember transpired to be acting as an undeclared foreign agent (Trump put him in charge of National Security!). But who was acting on behalf of? Turkey. Flynn's sentencing has been deferred whilst he is allowed to reflect on whether there is anything else he feels he ought to perhaps be sharing with the authorities. Is there any business links involving Turkey, or could Turkey themselves leak some damaging information which puts Trump in the crosshairs? Who knows

My instinct however is that this isn't a Putin thing, but instead it routes through Turkey and is all about Trump trying to protect Mohammed Bin Salman. Ironic to see the American President crawling and apologising for the cradle of Wahhabism isn't it. Go on Donald say it again so we can all laugh "radical Islamic terror"
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Well it was widely reported that Trump had taken this decision unilaterally. There isn't even a segment on Fox that suggested it that anyone has found yet. So why did Trump take this decision without any consultation?

It seems to have proven a step to far for his Defence Secretary anyway who 24 hrs after Trump announced America's retreat seems to have agreed to a parting of ways in February

Edit - Actually, I've just read Mattis's resignation letter. I don't know how Trump can possibly spin this as anything other than Mattis saying I've had enough of working for you.

Whose left from the originals now? Ben Carson, Betsy de Vos and Steve Mnuchin? He only employs the best and the brightest ... urm
    Last edited by Warbler; 21st December 2018 at 1:07 AM.
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Our hero may have been hacked by The Donald? Slim - blink twice if you need me to come and rescue you.
    You should see the emails with Lord Hartigan...

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Well it was widely reported that Trump had taken this decision unilaterally. There isn't even a segment on Fox that suggested it that anyone has found yet. So why did Trump take this decision without any consultation?

It seems to have proven a step to far for his Defence Secretary anyway who 24 hrs after Trump announced America's retreat seems to have agreed to a parting of ways in February

Edit - Actually, I've just read Mattis's resignation letter. I don't know how Trump can possibly spin this as anything other than Mattis saying I've had enough of working for you.

Whose left from the originals now? Ben Carson, Betsy de Vos and Steve Mnuchin? He only employs the best and the brightest ... urm
    I'm happy to bet Trump's approval rating goes up. The media will spin it as if Puntin says that it's good than it Must be bad. This will be wildly popular with progressives on the left I'm a buyer of Trump's approval rating.

Thanks
    How long for and when?

Trump's RCP average has been locked between 37% and 43% throughout his Presidency. And a big part of that is Rasmussen throwing in a favourable one every week. He's now got to contend with the fact that his well respected Defence Secretary has quit because of this decision too. Mattis is some sort of God to the US Marine Corps. For every one he might gain, he's going to be losing one as well. Even if Trump goes from 39% approval to 41% for a period of 2 weeks, it doesn't change anything

Trump has a ceiling and a floor. A massive majority of votes in 2020 are already locked in. Trump operates in a narrow band. His base can't win him an election. He needs the habitual Republican voters too. If they begin to drift off, he'll lose. Even Fox are starting to place a few hedges on him now. The relationship was always transactional anyway.

America is going to be facing an economic deterioration in 2020. Trump is going to be very vulnerable to that as well.

There is an index which has been spot on for predicting recessions on 11 out of the last 11 since the war (I think it's 11?). That concerns the spread in yields between 2y and 10y US bond. When they converge, or even invert, a recession has followed within 12-18 months (every single time). They haven't quite 'kissed' yet, but they've been puckering up to each other for 3 months now. Last time I checked the gap was something like 0.2%

His best hope right now is the Democrats finding a lousy candidate

He's also got 17 legal actions/ life enquiries going on into him at the moment as well, and some of them look pretty damn good. Even Fox's house legal expert says they've likely sealed an indictment against him already

The Senators to watch are going to be Romney, as he's capable of providing a totem that McCain couldn't, and then the likes of Rubio, Sasse, Kennedy and Burr. These will be the sort of bell weather ones I reckon. When they begin failing to speak up in support of Trump he slides a little closer to the trap door

Thanks
    If you want an opinion of someone that actually knows what he's talking about go listen to Victor Davis Hanson. He is no Trump apologist for what he says but is a massive believer in his policies. In 50 years people will talk about Trump nullifying every single thing Obama did in 8 years and he will be a nothing president. I see beauty in that the rest of you see RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was wrong you are not a degenerate gambler.
    You are a delusional, degenerate gambler.

Never heard of Victor Davis Hanson so went to check him out and very quickly came up with this tasty morsel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdSsA9ZcrQ

Wow is all I can say!!! Spent some time reading the comments as well just to make sure to be informed.

Nothing much else to say but apparently Hanson is a farmer too so this one's for you Vic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCkmOCsI-hc
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    This will be wildly popular with progressives on the left I'm a buyer of Trump's approval rating.
    Exhibit A of my degenerate gambler statement.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    How long for and when?

Trump's RCP average has been locked between 37% and 43% throughout his Presidency. And a big part of that is Rasmussen throwing in a favourable one every week. He's now got to contend with the fact that his well respected Defence Secretary has quit because of this decision too. Mattis is some sort of God to the US Marine Corps. For every one he might gain, he's going to be losing one as well. Even if Trump goes from 39% approval to 41% for a period of 2 weeks, it doesn't change anything

Trump has a ceiling and a floor. A massive majority of votes in 2020 are already locked in. Trump operates in a narrow band. His base can't win him an election. He needs the habitual Republican voters too. If they begin to drift off, he'll lose. Even Fox are starting to place a few hedges on him now. The relationship was always transactional anyway.

America is going to be facing an economic deterioration in 2020. Trump is going to be very vulnerable to that as well.

There is an index which has been spot on for predicting recessions on 11 out of the last 11 since the war (I think it's 11?). That concerns the spread in yields between 2y and 10y US bond. When they converge, or even invert, a recession has followed within 12-18 months (every single time). They haven't quite 'kissed' yet, but they've been puckering up to each other for 3 months now. Last time I checked the gap was something like 0.2%

His best hope right now is the Democrats finding a lousy candidate

He's also got 17 legal actions/ life enquiries going on into him at the moment as well, and some of them look pretty damn good. Even Fox's house legal expert says they've likely sealed an indictment against him already

The Senators to watch are going to be Romney, as he's capable of providing a totem that McCain couldn't, and then the likes of Rubio, Sasse, Kennedy and Burr. These will be the sort of bell weather ones I reckon. When they begin failing to speak up in support of Trump he slides a little closer to the trap door
    Continue to admire your perseverance Warbler but why do you bother? It would be easier for you to convert the pope to atheism.

I don't know where Trump is supposed to gain the one from the Mattis resignation but we'll see.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanr View Post
    If for some reason I'm wrong I'll quote the heavyweight Republican donor ( the biggest in New England), multi billionaire and major racehorse owner (this is after all a racing forum) Seth Klarman:

“Trump is ill tempered, with chronic impulsivity, limited attention span, ignorance of history and flawed judgment” — To those who say he has instituted some good policies. “I don’t care what good things are happening because I am drawn to focus on the democratic norms that are being eroded,” he said. “It doesn’t matter what the ends are. The means disqualify the ends.” Any good decisions Mr. Trump makes, he said, should be seen as “random or lucky.”

This quote is from early in the year, there has been some erosion in the random and lucky lately.

So if you are right on this one as far as I am concerned it's random and lucky. Win win for me.

Viva the age of Trump where we can all make shite up as we go.
    Last edited by brendanr; 21st December 2018 at 3:57 AM.

SlimChance
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was wrong you are not a degenerate gambler.
    You are a delusional, degenerate gambler.

Never heard of Victor Davis Hanson so went to check him out and very quickly came up with this tasty morsel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDdSsA9ZcrQ

Wow is all I can say!!! Spent some time reading the comments as well just to make sure to be informed.

Nothing much else to say but apparently Hanson is a farmer too so this one's for you Vic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCkmOCsI-hc
    Are you seriously saying Victor Davis Hanson is not smart?

SlimChance
    You won't this argument. I've not worked in 24 months. If you fancy laying me I'm all ears.

SlimChance
    Continue to admire your perseverance Warbler but why do you bother? It would be easier for you to convert the pope to atheism.

I don't know where Trump is supposed to gain the one from the Mattis resignation but we'll see.
    Put the vote to the people. The American public want out of Syria including progressives that you pretend to be with.

Thanks
    Where have I said that? The guy is smart, dangerously so. And I do not mean that in a good way.

SlimChance
    If for some reason I'm wrong I'll quote the heavyweight Republican donor ( the biggest in New England), multi billionaire and major racehorse owner (this is after all a racing forum) Seth Klarman:

“Trump is ill tempered, with chronic impulsivity, limited attention span, ignorance of history and flawed judgment” — To those who say he has instituted some good policies. “I don’t care what good things are happening because I am drawn to focus on the democratic norms that are being eroded,” he said. “It doesn’t matter what the ends are. The means disqualify the ends.” Any good decisions Mr. Trump makes, he said, should be seen as “random or lucky.”

This quote is from early in the year, there has been some erosion in the random and lucky lately.

So if you are right on this one as far as I am concerned it's random and lucky. Win win for me.

Viva the age of Trump where we can all make shite up as we go.
    Trump is a populist not a GOP hack. I'd love if the media would just admit that withdrawing from Syria is what the American people want. The fact Trump is willing to bury Lindsay Graham is fabulous. Lindsay Graham got ran over in the primaries but now the media is using him to bash Trump. Pathetic.

SlimChance
    Where have I said that? The guy is smart, dangerously so. And I do not mean that in a good way.
    He is right about Trump. He hates Trump's rhetoric as much as you but sees the balls in his policy . The fact the media is going hawkish over Syria is a ******* betrayal of the American people.

Thanks
    You won't this argument. I've not worked in 24 months. If you fancy laying me I'm all ears.
    24 months not bad. I thought it was more like ten minutes.

You do know though that until you quit you are just aspiring. Come back to me in say ten years from now.

I don't need to lay you I've already made my money. My time has come and gone and it is a young man's game.
    I'm mostly too lazy for this gambling shite these days.

But I do sincerely wish you good luck in your endeavor.

SlimChance
    24 months not bad. I thought it was more like ten minutes.

You do know though that until you quit you are just aspiring. Come back to me in say ten years from now.

I don't need to lay you I've already made my money. My time has come and gone and it is a young man's game.
    I'm mostly too lazy for this gambling shite these days.

But I do sincerely wish you good luck in your endeavor.
    Look whatever. This is all pointless. I'm sure you are an upstanding guy and I would like to think you could accept the same of me. We view the world differently and it's pointless going back and forth. All I will add is that if you did serve your country, which I believe you did than God ******* bless you. You're a better man than most.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 21st December 2018 at 4:15 AM.

Thanks
    I'm fully in tune with the hypocrisy here. I'm not one of those though. I still view Dubya's presidency as an unmitigated disaster and Cheney will forever be the evil dark knight in my book. I will also say that I believe Dubya to be an inherently decent person.

Trump is an immoral shite show along with his ghoulish offspring and all the enablers and bootlickers he surrounds himself with.

This man could not even run a foundation, using it mainly as a one stop self service station.

SlimChance
    I'm fully in tune with the hypocrisy here. I'm not one of those though. I still view Dubya's presidency as an unmitigated disaster and Cheney will forever be the evil dark knight in my book. I will also say that I believe Dubya to be an inherently decent person.

Trump is an immoral shite show along with his ghoulish offspring and all the enablers and bootlickers he surrounds himself with.

This man could not even run a foundation, using it mainly as a one stop self service station.
    Truce? Move on?

Thanks
    I did serve. 6 years, seems like another life. I can send you pics if you wish.

I also renounced my citizenship, the toughest decision I've ever had to make, took me almost two years to come to that.
    I blame some of that on Trump, that ******* draft dodge. I wish there was a hell so he could fry there with the devil's fingernail stuck up his fat ass.

At least my integrity is still mostly intact.