Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Clinton Affair

SlimChance

The Clinton Affair

Just came across this documentary on the History Channel. It's told from Monica Lewinsky's perspective. Well worth watching what it's like when the US government goes after you to get at a president outside of the remit of their investigation.

Of course thankfully this could never happen again...
    Last edited by SlimChance; 16th December 2018 at 12:07 AM.

Thanks
    Mueller's terms of reference aren't outside of any remit as they have a specific 'catch all' clause that allows them to go to "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation". This means that if they discover money laundering as an example, they can prosecute that, as by any definition it's a 'high crime or misdemeanour'

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...sel-Russia.pdf

The provision for the court of federal regulations 600.4 is also fairly clear

There's actually more hypocrisy on the side of the Republicans here, notably the likes of Gingrich, Guiliani, McConnell, and perversely it would appear, Brett Kavanagh. They were all happy to support Kenneth Starr back in the day when he couldn't find anything related to Whitewater but found stuff related to Paula Jones. Ironically, the case of Jones v Clinton is now a precedent that allows for the possible deposition of Trump over the Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougall cases. With David Pecker and Michael Cohen having already testified and corroborated each other (and we don't know what Alan Wieselberg has said) it's going to get difficult for Trump when three of his own witnesses have turned evidence on him.

Also worth noting of course is the Michael Flynn plea document where Mueller has redacted two completely new crimes that he's uncovered. We haven't got a clue what these are? They've been completely blanked out. All we know is that they exist

We might however take a few guesses

About two weeks ago Trump completed the submission of his written answers to Mueller's questions. Very shortly afterwards it was announced that Manafort had broken the terms of his deal and that Mueller was voiding it, and Cohen was rushed into court to plead guilty. We have to assume that Trump has submitted false statements that combinations of Flynn, Cohen, Manafort (and what would be fatal for Trump - Wieselberg) have contradicted. The timeline fits.

There's also a suspicion that Mueller knew that Manafort was still communicating indirectly with the White House and Mueller's played him. Effectively Mueller's been selling Manafort a dummy which he's sent back to Trump, and Trump's walked right into it, thinking he was out-smarting Mueller. We'll see.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/28/600.4
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

SlimChance
    You're taking me too literally. Both of these investigations have the same goal, a partisan hack to bring down a president.

Thanks
    That was certainly the case with the Starr enquiry. Id be less convinced its the case with Mueller, but can easily accept that commentators and a lot of politicians are attaching that characteristic to it. I've not really seen the evidence to suggest that Mueller himself is, he has indeed questioned whether or not a sitting President can even be indicted, amidst signs that he's more likely to write a critical report and then leave it up to congress. The greater exposure is probably on the Trump family (including golden Ivanka). There reaches a point where he keeps finding guilty people dotted all around Trump. This is a pattern now, and it can no longer be explained away by coincidence. At the very least its symptomatic of chronic misjudgement on the part of Trump, or incredible bad luck that he seems to have surrounded himself with so many criminals.
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    You're taking me too literally. Both of these investigations have the same goal, a partisan hack to bring down a president.
    If you are referring to Bob Mueller as a partisan hack, you don't know ****. Just stick to being a degenerate gambler.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just came across this documentary on the History Channel. It's told from Monica Lewinsky's perspective. Well worth watching what it's like when the US government goes after you to get at a president outside of the remit of their investigation.

Of course thankfully this could never happen again...
    Exactly. Always easy for people who have never suffered an injustice in their life to scorn at those who have. The same people probably didn't find it funny when Nelson Mandela was locked up or when Maradona screwed England over with the hand of God in The World Cup!
    Last edited by Marb; 16th December 2018 at 5:55 PM.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanr View Post
    If you are referring to Bob Mueller as a partisan hack, you don't know ****. Just stick to being a degenerate gambler.
    Can you tell me the political afiliation of the Muller team please? If you need help google "democratic hacks".

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanr View Post
    Can you show any evidence that I'm a degenerate gambler or are you Bob Muller?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The only degenerate gambler is Bob Mueller. He gambled on opening door 2 because there is no key to door one and he came up with Flynn, Manafort and Trumps lawyer.

Nothing there about Russia because there is no Russia but clearly crimes were committed Mueller caught them so he has done his job...not his fault Trump is innocent of any real wrongdoing....that we know about.

But the Clinton affair, Monika...wasn't me said Bill..I was only getting away for a break 15 times on the Lolita Express, the Clinton Foundation's money for Haiti simply disappearing and nothing got done, Russian bribes to Bill while Hillary sets up a deal simultaneously , Benghazi wasn't us killing Gadaffi and causing havoc it was a video, I handed over all my emails, except a few a wiped with a cloth..33,fookin thousand off them,

The Clinton's walk free with their millions while protected by people like Comey and Lynch while others who say they care about America like Polosi, Schumer, Schiff CNN MSNBC are in cahoots defending them and attacking Trump for having a wandering **** and telling politcal fibs.....The fuchers better known as the Clinton should be wiped of the face of the earth and half the democratic party with them
    Formely Fist of Fury

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

SlimChance
    The documentary is well worth watching. It's funny to see people like James Carville lose his **** on Larry King about partisan hacks. These days he makes his coin calling for Trump to be impeached for erm being Trump.

SlimChance
    Can you tell me the political afiliation of the Muller team please? If you need help google "democratic hacks".
    No sign of big boy Joe...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The people usually dwelling on the pity and failure of others are usually full of failure and need much pity themselves.
    Last edited by Marb; 18th December 2018 at 7:29 AM.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    The people usually dwelling on the pity and failure of others are usually full of failure and need much pity themselves.
    Basically describes the anti-Trunp movement. I'd love to see one of them go and get elected president.

Thanks
    I'd love to see one of them go and get elected president
    So whose side are you on?

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So whose side are you on?
    Really? I'm 100% behind Donald Trump.

SlimChance
    Trump is taking the troops out of Syria. Where is the media reporting of this? Oh wait it's the standard hack job because thou shalt not give the president any credit.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 20th December 2018 at 7:57 AM.

SlimChance
    If you want an opinion of someone that actually knows what he's talking about go listen to Victor Davis Hanson. He is no Trump apologist for what he says but is a massive believer in his policies. In 50 years people will talk about Trump nullifying every single thing Obama did in 8 years and he will be a nothing president. I see beauty in that the rest of you see RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 20th December 2018 at 8:01 AM.

Thanks
    Trump is taking the troops out of Syria. Where is the media reporting of this? Oh wait it's the standard hack job because thou shalt not give the president any credit.
    On the front page of the BBC's website.

Along with quotes from Russia that they are delighted about it as it gives them a free hand in the area.

SlimChance
    The media will have to spin it the nareative that If Putin agrees then it must be wrong. This decision will be very popular with the American people. Expect his approval rating to go up on the back of this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In 50 years people will talk about Trump nullifying every single thing Obama did in 8 years and he will be a nothing president. I see beauty in that the rest of you see RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.
    Our hero may have been hacked by The Donald? Slim - blink twice if you need me to come and rescue you.
    Last edited by an capall; 20th December 2018 at 4:19 PM.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."