Thread: Another tech query

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts

Another tech query

... with thanks in advance for any help.

I am about to take a three-iron to my printer.

I have spent the last two and a half hours trying to get it to print a document. A fuckin simple Word document.

And all the fvcker is doing is telling me to adjust trays and that it's ready to print a CD/DVD.

I hadn't touched the machine between Friday lunchtime (when I printed Saturday's cards) and this afternoon and couldn't even have told you the fvcker printed CD/DVDs (labels for, I presume).

I've adjusted every fuckin tray in the fvcker, uninstalled the bastert from my computer and reinstalled it and it's still fuckin me about.

If I don't get the fvcker to work then all my fuckin family and friends can fuckin say goodfuckinbye to their cards this Christmas.

Peace and goodwill my fuckin arse.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (9th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Sounds as if your settings have been changed, off top of my head click print, then settings and where it says print labels or it may be just say some dimensions use the drop down menu to select A4 document (I assume that's what you print on normally).

Thanks
    I haven't changed anything, DG. I can think of no reason why it would suddenly change. At one point yesterday I reset the printer itself to the default settings (which I'd never changed anyway) and when that didn't work I uninstalled it completely and reinstalled it but it's still doing it.

There's a computer shop in the village and the people there are usually very good at sorting things so I'll ask their advice and see what they say.

Watching The Bishop's Wife last night has mellowed my temper a little. But only a little. I need Dudley to appear and wave his hand a touch.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 10th December 2018 at 9:53 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Watching The Bishop's Wife last night has mellowed my temper a little.
    I take it she's quite tidy then?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    I take it she's quite tidy then?
    She's surprisingly ordinary considering the effect she's supposed to have on Dudley. Femme fatale she ain't.

Anyroads, I've resolved the problem at least for now.

I found an answer via google:

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/...print+document

It seems a common problem with Epson printers. This is the first time I've used this printer for this task. This time last year I was working between two printers. The other was an HP which, while a crap printer, was under extended warranty (best £20 quid I ever spent - got two new printers out of it) did this job without a problem.

Anyway, looks like the fold will be getting their Christmas cards after all.