Thread: Stormy Ireland 2.20 Punchestown

Thanks

Stormy Ireland 2.20 Punchestown

Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't go the full gun on Stormy Ireland tomorrow at 13/8? Struggling to find one. I'm going to have too big a bet on this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Ruby rides
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Ruby rides
    My thoughts too

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't go the full gun on Stormy Ireland tomorrow at 13/8? Struggling to find one. I'm going to have too big a bet on this.
    This race caught my eye and I was hoping to confer with a few judges. I had Good Thyne Tara a lot closer in the betting, in fact I could see GTT going off fav. She's ultra consistent and at 9/4 it's not hard to want to be on.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 16th November 2018 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thought that GTT had no excuses against SI in Killarney. A few pounds better off now. I think GTT isn't all that consistent in this type of race and is better over further. I think SI will lead, dictate the pace around a sharp track and have too much toe for GTT. You'd think that Ruby had the choice also. Over a longer trip, or in a bigger field with a stronger pace over shorter GTT would have an improved chance.

SlimChance
    Thought that GTT had no excuses against SI in Killarney. A few pounds better off now. I think GTT isn't all that consistent in this type of race and is better over further. I think SI will lead, dictate the pace around a sharp track and have too much toe for GTT. You'd think that Ruby had the choice also. Over a longer trip, or in a bigger field with a stronger pace over shorter GTT would have an improved chance.
    I wouldn't put you off for a second but I'd read nothing into the jockey bookings. He's always going to ride the one that looks on an obvious upward curve. Good Thyne Tara has a pull at the weights like you said and a reproduction of her Cork run and you'll need every cent of the 13/8 in my view. I'd rather 9/4 GTT.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

HawkWing (16th November 2018)

Thanks
    Got enough of the 13/8 at Boyles and Lads. Some benefit for having them late opening. 5/4 best now. We'll see how it shapes up tomorrow.

SlimChance
    Got enough of the 13/8 at Boyles and Lads. Some benefit for having them late opening. 5/4 best now. We'll see how it shapes up tomorrow.
    Nice bit of business. 4/9 coupled really would be finding money on the street.

Did you look at the 3yo hurdle? The Cromwell horses are being priced on the jockey bookings. You wouldn't be certain that Lady Camelot will finish in front of Lever Du Soleil tomorrow. Lady Camelot was a boat on the flat and LDS is progressing with every run. Not a race I want to be guessing in but I'd love to have something on at a double figure price.

Thanks
    I had a look only as I liked the shape of Dawn Hoofer on the flat - typical hardy Bolger handicapper - and the type that I thought would make a hurdler. But happy to watch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HawkWing For This Useful Post:

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post

Did you look at the 3yo hurdle? The Cromwell horses are being priced on the jockey bookings. You wouldn't be certain that Lady Camelot will finish in front of Lever Du Soleil tomorrow. Lady Camelot was a boat on the flat and LDS is progressing with every run. Not a race I want to be guessing in but I'd love to have something on at a double figure price.
    Great start to the day...

Thanks
    Good call-Ruby needed that as much as you -absolutely stole the race.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well done.....thought he was beat watching the betting on the machine
    Formely Fist of Fury

SlimChance
    Well done. Why did she traded 4.3 before turning in?
    Last edited by SlimChance; 17th November 2018 at 3:33 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

viking (17th November 2018)

Thanks
    Went to plan thankfully. Not sure what would have caused the drift on the machines. Seemed routine.

SlimChance
    Went to plan thankfully. Not sure what would have caused the drift on the machines. Seemed routine.
    Yeah the second was 1.75 to lay and I was wondering what I was missing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I just watched it for the first time. Someone is on drugs...4 out Ruby is having to keep a hold of him and he's still tanking 3 out and at no point did the 2nd even look like getting into a challenging position.....I did have a small bet on him after reading the post but had I been watching that live?????..mind you probably wasn't matched for much at 4.3
    Formely Fist of Fury

SlimChance
    Good Thyne Tara was trading as fav in running from 4 out to 2 out at a guess. The market seemed to assume she was travelling better.

SlimChance
    Pos Btn Horse Name TFR Tfig Jockey Age Wgt ISP BSP Hi/Lo
    Pedigree Trainer (Equip) (OR) (Place)
    1 R. Walsh silk 3. STORMY IRELAND (FR) -8 < 140 R. Walsh 4 11-0 5/4f 2.34 5.2/-
    W. P. Mullins, Ireland (1.2)
    Reporters comment will be available the day after racing.
    2 P. Townend silk 8½ 1. GOOD THYNE TARA 0 < 132 P. Townend 8 11-3 13/8 2.72 -/1.58

Traded 1.58 in running and no doubt plenty traded around the 2.0 mark.