Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Non-Triers Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Lads I've given you the exact answers but no one can see it. Depressing.
    That is a "superb story"

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    But this is all guess work, Slim. You need to know something is well handicapped, to win a big handicap hurdle, not merely be guessing that it might happen sometime in the future
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    I am much more interested in a horse such as Solomon Grey on a rating of 135, than I am about Ch'tibello.
    How many lengths was Solomon Grey behind Ifthecapfits again? What is Ifthecapfits rated now? My point being, overwhelming evidence tells me Solomon Grey is one hell of a well-handicapped horse on 135. If the Skelton yard have Solomon Grey fit, and ready-to-roll this season, he will win a Tote Trophy or a County Hurdle. Mark my words. Provided they don't go novice chasing..
    Last edited by Marb; 26th November 2018 at 5:56 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ch'tibello is thoroughly exposed: That's the problem. He will need to drop 10lb in the handicap just to win a class 3, let alone the big handicap in February at Newbury.

Yep! Ch'tibello is the epitome of a horse not good enough to be stopping because even Harry wouldn't know when he'll win. He'' go Kingwell again I suspect..good money with only a few runners then he'll go to Ayr again and hopes it rains
    Formely Fist of Fury

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Marb (26th November 2018)

SlimChance
    Jesus lads. You can't expect me to post the exact plan for the horse can you. It's an internet forum. You've all missed bar DO who is very warm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (26th November 2018)

Thanks
    I haven't missed it all thanks Slim. The only thing is which double they want a mark for. Spring double or Newbury/Cheltenham.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    I haven't missed it all thanks Slim. The only thing is which double they want a mark for. Spring double or Newbury/Cheltenham.
    Wrong.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Un Temps Pour Tout is being aimed at the Grand National
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Via a penalty from the Festival Chase!

Thanks
    Going back to last weekend, Kalondra drifted from a morning price of 5/2-3/1 to a SP of 6/1. Was then switched off out wide/towards rear and never really put into it.

Hard to say it was a non-trier as such but it was clearly a run intended to gain confidence in his jumping following succesive falls. Which didn't work by the way, as despite getting round his jumping was still pretty shabby. How much that can be contributed to the stiff fences is hard to quantify.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Un Temps Pour Tout is being aimed at the Grand National
    66s with Hills.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    66s with Hills.
    Taken a couple of weeks ago.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    Via a penalty from the Festival Chase!
    No penalties in the National but I think UTPT will need to win a 3m chase to qualify this year after his absence. Ditto Noble Endeavor. Safe reverse forecast if they both make it to the race.

Thanks
    1.50 Newbury.

I'm learning still, but Big Chief Benny was an absolute non trier then. Cruised at the back of the field and jockey didn't ask it anything at any point,when to me could have easily quickened to challenge if asked.

Thanks
    Being eased back in after about 700 days off he would pick up some races if they can keep him right.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Yep! Ch'tibello is the epitome of a horse not good enough to be stopping because even Harry wouldn't know when he'll win. He'' go Kingwell again I suspect..good money with only a few runners then he'll go to Ayr again and hopes it rains
    He is out tomorrow in Aintree's 1:00. Jet Set looks worth a dabble in that race though.
    Last edited by Marb; 8th December 2018 at 2:41 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Incidentally, in the same race my main bet was on Ch'Tibello. He appeared to be allowed to drop back from a reasonable early position and was in trouble in the back straight. This run was far removed from the animal that was touted as a Champion Hurdle candidate a couple of seasons back. I presume there is a problem of some sort or maybe they are just trying to get his mark right down
    I did notice yesterday evening that Ch'Tibello was running today but left the race well alone. I've only just watched the replay without knowing the result.

I'd have been spitting blood throughout that race. Compare the ride Ch'Tibello got today compared with the one highlighted above. The words chalk and cheese spring to mind.

I'm so happy the fvcker didn't win. Miles clear of the third too.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 8th December 2018 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He is out tomorrow in Aintree's 1:00. Jet Set looks worth a dabble in that race though.
    Paid 10/1 to be places and you could still get good odds at halfway...he hit about 40 but don't think it was matched.

He's still totally unreliable he could run again next week and be tailed off
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Nothing untoward about his run IMO first time he's had soft ground since the Champion Hurdle and has only ever won with soft in the description.

Yesterday was 1/2" off being heavy which he handled well when he ran the New One to half a length

I could see him being stepped up to 3 miles soon..was def running on at the end of that race yesterday
    Last edited by Tanlic; 9th December 2018 at 12:05 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    3 r 4 weeks back when chtbello was on the card for RUK Dan Skelton interviewd was saying he'd lost his way a bit and they "would keep plugging on a few races before he's right" - that was before the race and he duly obliged n finished midfield. So wouldn't back him till early spring.

Interestingly he was very bullish about Renes Girl - so i switched to back that instead of the eventual winner ffs but it was certainly one for the notebook and is out today 14.25 @ 11/2 , up against a very short Charbel - im on it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well I was going to bacj Great Field at Punchestown and kept waiting for his race to come up. At the last minute I thohght "I wonder?" Yep there he was at Cork...so quickly stuck more on than I should have right on the off.....few adjustments get to the video......fookers on the floor...hope he's ok ...
    Formely Fist of Fury