Thread: Meeting Professional Punter Mike Spence

Thanks

Meeting Professional Punter Mike Spence

Thanks
    Great interview Simon. The amount of times this kid did the 1,1,1,1,1,2 on the jackpot before finally nailing it he deserves all the success he has. One of the best in the business imo.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Must be tough when you know you have your family to backstop you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SP Only For This Useful Post:

JJ. (8th December 2018)

Thanks
    whats annoying with these interviews, you always have to wait for the final part to be released... most of the time i never bother watching the last part

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SP Only View Post
    Must be tough when you know you have your family to backstop you.
    Man that is a lazy ass comment. Yeah his dad Alan Spence and yeah he comes from privilege but his knowledge of horse racing is on another level, the day in day out compiling figures, dedication and hard work doesn't come from privilege it comes from inside. I come from as low down starting point in the pecking order as people in the west can come from. It would be so easy to say that Mike is where he is because of privilege and I struggle because I didn't have daddy's backing or some crap comment. The truth is though he outworks not just me but most people in the game, he's a top lad, always helpful and he's got the bollocks to have faith in and back his own opinion.

He could of done nothing with his life and yeah his dad could have coddled him through life but Mike's his own man and is making his own money, living the dream and he puts the work in to be able to do that. Full respect to him even though I'm utterly jealous haha.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (9th December 2018)

Thanks
    Duplicate
    Last edited by Danny; 9th December 2018 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Man that is a lazy ass comment. Yeah his dad Alan Spence and yeah he comes from privilege but his knowledge of horse racing is on another level, the day in day out compiling figures, dedication and hard work doesn't come from privilege it comes from inside. I come from as low down starting point in the pecking order as people in the west can come from. It would be so easy to say that Mike is where he is because of privilege and I struggle because I didn't have daddy's backing or some crap comment. The truth is though he outworks not just me but most people in the game, he's a top lad, always helpful and he's got the bollocks to have faith in and back his own opinion.

He could of done nothing with his life and yeah his dad could have coddled him through life but Mike's his own man and is making his own money, living the dream and he puts the work in to be able to do that. Full respect to him even though I'm utterly jealous haha.

Well said Danny

SlimChance
    Simon.

This interview has been a lot of fun on Twitter. What interviews that you have done got the most backlash?
    Last edited by SlimChance; 9th December 2018 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Not arguing he doesn’t work hard, nice guy etc....

The point is his life is a lot easier being backstopped. Also I’d have a fair idea his starting stake came from his family which is a massive head start.

SlimChance
    Look he might be a good punter but bar his Dad he is an absolute ******* nobody in the betting world.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Look he might be a good punter but bar his Dad he is an absolute ******* nobody in the betting world.
    I suppose the answer is to that Slim that firstly does he want to be ? Secondly I don't really know who's a "somebody" in the betting world, I'd know a few, the of the likes of Tony Bloom I know a bit of the background of who to me is the real deal. You have a few of the celebrity type of punters but I don't really know enough about them to comment. I suppose the main point is though Slim this guy is a kid fresh out of Uni does that make him early twenties ? And you'd be surprised that he hasn't reached the top rung of his chosen profession by that age ? If he's turning over 7 figures already by that age I'm not sure how many of the "somebody's" in the betting world would of been doing the same.
    Last edited by Danny; 10th December 2018 at 5:31 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SP Only View Post
    Not arguing he doesn’t work hard, nice guy etc....

The point is his life is a lot easier being backstopped. Also I’d have a fair idea his starting stake came from his family which is a massive head start.
    I don't know about that but what I usually start doing is looking at my own privileges to start off with. If you were born in a remotely civilised society, with a healthy body and and you have an IQ of over 100 you're in my book really ******* privileged. Under those circumstances you'd have very little excuse for not making a complete success of your life. That would qualify a lot of people and I dare say a large chunk of that group wouldn't be considered anything like successful. I certainly haven't made the most of the opportunities I had and I made so many mistakes, bad decisions that ultimately led to me leading a tough life to get back on track. That's not uncommon in fact I think that applies to most people but the point I'm trying to make is most of us are in a privileged position in life I mean just the fact you probably having running water, electric and the fact you don't have to hunt your own dinner makes you a lucky motherf*cker. If you can look yourself in the mirror and say you made the most of every single opportunity you had in life and you're a hundred percent max of what your potential was then you can look comment about those who had a head start on you. I'm probably about 10% of what I could've been so I find it difficult to criticise anyone for having a head start. I've also seen enough rich kids sniffing away there privileges to know that having wealthy parents can be more of a hindrance than a help sometimes.