Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rich Ricci

Thanks
    Something was going on. From 1/5 to just short of evens, whilst winner gets backed in from 12s into 3s.

Annamix still only 14s for Supreme. If it was different connections and colours you wouldn't even get a price.
    Last edited by Double J; 28th December 2018 at 3:36 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Not been a great year for Ricci around 500k who must be showing a huge loss over the last year. Prize money would probably cover his training fees but long short of purchases like Annamix

He lost 3 big earners in Vautour Douvan and Faugheen who is now back to injury when the world looks like his oyster.

Always wonder how he as a person would handle not being number 1 and as a businessman continue losing big money......
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    He might just own one good horse
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    We had the exact same discussion at the exact same time last year. The exact same - Sharjah had just fallen in the novice grade 1. He won the Galway Hurdle and a Grade 1 since.
    He is unlikely to ever get the series of horses he had 4/5 years ago but he has several horses that will contest grade 1s from here to the end of the year.
    He doesn't strike as a foolish type to expect Douvans or Vautours to grow on trees. But Min, Benie des Dieux, Getabird, Sharjah, Camelia des Cotte, not to mention Thomas Hobbes and Max Dynamite will keep him interested for a while yet.

Thanks

Rich Ricci

That’s Senewalk who was very much found out and Annamix now now too who looks like he’ll struggle to win a maiden hurdle!!

Both hyped out of it before they even saw a track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kauto Abu; 29th December 2018 at 9:16 PM.

Thanks
    He doesn't do as much media these days anyway.

Sharjah is an interesting one now for sure. Won like a good horse today but not sure the form of the race will lead to much.

Id love them to be more ambitious with the mare but that won't happen
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto Abu View Post
    That’s Senewalk who was very much found out and Annamix now now too who looks like he’ll struggle to win a maiden hurdle!!

Both hyped out of it before they even saw a track.

Interesting that the same was said about Faugheen, Douvan, Min, Melon (not ricci obviously) etc. Before doing anything on the track, there were plenty taking on the talking horses. Never sure who it is that is doing the hyping other than the media adding two and two together and hoping it makes four, or bookies who have been asked for a ante post price for 200 quid. Senewalk and Annamix were potentially very good hurdling prospects in the hands of someone that had a history of succeeding with that type. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks

Rich Ricci

Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    Interesting that the same was said about Faugheen, Douvan, Min, Melon (not ricci obviously) etc. Before doing anything on the track, there were plenty taking on the talking horses. Never sure who it is that is doing the hyping other than the media adding two and two together and hoping it makes four, or bookies who have been asked for a ante post price for 200 quid. Senewalk and Annamix were potentially very good hurdling prospects in the hands of someone that had a history of succeeding with that type. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't.
    On the latter point HW Annamix’s french form was poor. He lacked a gear there and then he was bought for crazy money. He was over hyped and l 50% of anteposts for the Supreme were on him last year and 40% this year went on him suggesting the word filtering from the yard was strong. Those bets look more than foolish now. I haven’t looked at Senewalks French form but his Irish form is more than enough for me.

The other horses you mentioned all lived up to the hype. When it doesn’t work out it needs to be addressed in the sane way it’s hearkded when it does. Ricci went through a 4 or 5 year spell where anything he bought turned to gold. That couldn’t last and it looks to be drying up.

Last edited by Kauto Abu; 29th December 2018 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks
    Can't see why hype, whether lived up to or not, needs to be addressed at all.

Maximising the horse's potential is the only thing that matters. Whether its Senewalk, Annamix, or Sharjah who has won 400K+ in 6 months without ever being first choice for stable jockey it is irrelevant. If some of Ricci's or Mullins's coterie have made some cash by punting on his unheard o horses ante post in the past doesn't mean it will happen ever year.

Now, if Ricci is overpaying for his horses now, or not getting first pick from France, then its a different discussion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    Can't see why hype, whether lived up to or not, needs to be addressed at all.

Maximising the horse's potential is the only thing that matters. Whether its Senewalk, Annamix, or Sharjah who has won 400K+ in 6 months without ever being first choice for stable jockey it is irrelevant. If some of Ricci's or Mullins's coterie have made some cash by punting on his unheard o horses ante post in the past doesn't mean it will happen ever year.

Now, if Ricci is overpaying for his horses now, or not getting first pick from France, then its a different discussion.

Difference of opinion HW. When a horse takes a massive percentage of ante posts, having been bought for huge money, and then flops massively it’s surely that’s a starting point for discussion. This is after all a horse racing forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He was not racing today, not sure about yesterday but WPM has been at pains to say his runners are short a gallop first time out this season.

Thanks
    I don't get what the discussion point is.

Its not like we are saying that Willie Mullins has forgotten how to train horses, novice hurdlers, or is it just novice hurdlers in Rich Ricci's colours? Or is it the meaningless nature of Supreme Novice antepost early in the season, and the dangers of reading anything into it before a horse makes its debut. Surely, in a horse racing forum, these are all too obvious. The dangers of once raced maidens being guineas favourite is 30 years old at this stage.

Because otherwise it is 'Promising young horse fails to meet potential.' Is that the discussion point? Again, seems very very obvious to me that some horses fail to meet their initial potential, and some do. Something again that happens all big stables every year.

Now, if there is a pecking order in Mullins stable as to who gets which horse sourced in France and why Ricci doesn't own Laurina for instance, that would be of interest, for me at least.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I cannot imagine WPM being anything but fair to all concerned.
    If you fall into the trap of favouring one client over another you would never sell a horse if the "big" owner does not buy it.
    There was a suspicion in the last few years expressed by a few (not on here) that Supreme were only getting the Ricci/Giggi cast offs, which looks nonsensical now.
    I remember Cheltenham Tuesday early the day Road To Riches was declared for Ryanair Chase as opposed to Gold Cup.
    Noel Meade took it very badly and WPM and team spent the morning consoling him as best they could; I imagine WPM's eyes were open to the consequences of that beholden to ANY owner, not just the ones that left.
    I have heard since how his honesty with one owner over a horse that had not progressed as expected resulted with that owner sending multiple horses to Closutton ( unconfirmed thunder but indicative of honesty all the same).
    Last edited by edgt; 29th December 2018 at 11:26 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well worst fears came to pass and I got my answer why Melon wasn't favourite for the race. Nowhere near match fit and laid accordingly.

16 from 19 horses 2/1 or less heavily laid have been beaten in the last fortnight and 8 form 9 odds on shots. all bar one were fav.

Ok they are not running well but that doesn't mean info isn't being passed on to gamblers like it was with the 200,000 pounds investigation that lasted 30 seconds.

Mullins claims nothing to do with him but really?..........at least JO laughs when he says that
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redundant pal View Post
    El Barra and Monkfish were his only two buys from the pointing field in 2018.
    He has one called Aione which cost around 250 I think which has yet to see the track. 2017 but from memory

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    888 is to buy Betbright's sports betting platform for £15million, maybe the end of the Betbright brand.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Seems customers have just 30 days to access their account and withdraw their funds,( also I think all ante post bets have been cancelled, but don't take it as gospel)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Seems customers have just 30 days to access their account and withdraw their funds,( also I think all ante post bets have been cancelled, but don't take it as gospel)
    Confirmed they’re voiding all unsettled singles

https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...trading/369319

Thanks
    Very shitty

Is Ricci a dodgy businessman?
    Last edited by granger; 5th March 2019 at 8:49 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Very shitty

Is Ricci a dodgy businessman?
    Man wouldnt know the truth if it hit him over the head, check out his career at Barclay's. A despicable human being.