Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2 Milers - The road to the Queen Mother Chase (Latest acceptors Feb 12th)

Thanks
    Surprised that 40/1 is available about the Castlegrace Paddy for the champion chase after the race. Obviously, Altior is just about unbeatable, but I don't think there is anyone I'd rather have in the betting without market. Should be closer to 12/1.

Fwiw, 25/1 about Ornua for the Arkle also appeals but that's waiting for a different thread.

Thanks
    Watching Altior on Saturday makes me think we really should have a Hall Of Fame thread on here. He'd be first ballot material already.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    Surprised that the winner hasn't been mentioned here yet. I'd happily have him against Great Field in any contest anywhere from now on.
    Well you asked for it Absolutely nothing else in that race was within a stone of peak fitness. It ended up a total non event with Special Tiara unable to put one leg in front of the other and the rest virtually being pulled up.

There's more chance of My Tent Of Yours running in the QMCC than Castlegrace Paddy running in it
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
    Watching Altior on Saturday makes me think we really should have a Hall Of Fame thread on here. He'd be first ballot material already.
    Think your right bear even I am warming to him and I have never been a big fan of the horse.....I had Douvanitis you understand
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I was just looking at the form of this Mr. J S McGarvey ...he must be a very god friend of John P Mcmanus he's had 98 rides for him 3 winners and 2 were on Great Field.

JP is extremely loyal, what he's done for the likes of Jonjo "Dawn Run" O'neill and stood by him through thick and thin speaks volumes about the man but how this amateur gets preference over Barry Geraghty is beyond me
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Well you asked for it Absolutely nothing else in that race was within a stone of peak fitness. It ended up a total non event with Special Tiara unable to put one leg in front of the other and the rest virtually being pulled up.

There's more chance of My Tent Of Yours running in the QMCC than Castlegrace Paddy running in it

You are wrong about that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBear View Post
    I agree Bear. Somehow he still seems to get underrated and unappreciated when compared to the pantheon of greats. I have him right up there with the very best two mile chasers of all time. He's a fantastic horse, and dare I say it, I've had him favourite if he'd lined up in 'that' Tingle Creek!!!

Cue controversy and heated debate!

Thanks
    I've also loved Altior. Three times winner at the Festival (three different races); races on all types of going; right-handed and left-handed; unbeaten in his last 15 starts; and there appear to be no chinks in his armour. Why is he still rated below 180? Need to ask Hendo how he compares to Sprinter Sacre.

Thanks
    I was just looking at the form of this Mr. J S McGarvey ...he must be a very god friend of John P Mcmanus he's had 98 rides for him 3 winners and 2 were on Great Field.

JP is extremely loyal, what he's done for the likes of Jonjo "Dawn Run" O'neill and stood by him through thick and thin speaks volumes about the man but how this amateur gets preference over Barry Geraghty is beyond me
    What I have heard before (from a good source) is Geraghty doesn't want to ride Great Field. While the horse is electric, he's almost too fast. He could do real damage to a jockey. The line of "McGarvey has struck up a real relationship with the horse...." is just nonsense.

Thanks
    Geraghty couldn't hold on to Great Field in the 2016 County Hurdle. Hasn't ridden him since.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks

After bracing myself at the start of your post, it became a huge let down.
    Last edited by HawkWing; 10th December 2018 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well do some research before you throw money down the drain. Smart ass Luke tells me I am wrong when I say the horse won't run.

The fact is Mullins has sent 2 horses once and had no runners half of the last 12 QMCC and has never won the race as a result.

It's not rocket science to work out which horses he likely to enter? Min. Footpad, Great Field, UDS? and a 5th? I can't see it Sorry!!!
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    You are wrong about that.
    What kind of post is that?.at least if you are going to tell someone they are wrong give a reason......or is that too much to ask?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    The trainer said in an interview after the race yesterday that the Champion Chase was his long term target.

Thanks
    Well do some research before you throw money down the drain. Smart ass Luke tells me I am wrong when I say the horse won't run.

The fact is Mullins has sent 2 horses once and had no runners half of the last 12 QMCC and has never won the race as a result.

It's not rocket science to work out which horses he likely to enter? Min. Footpad, Great Field, UDS? and a 5th? I can't see it Sorry!!!
    Your extensive research on the subject should have highlighted the trainer of the horse in question.
    As i said, I had hopes that your post was going to enlighten given the tone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Leop race will be a good one as Ballyoisin is going to turn up
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by redundant pal View Post
    Footpad not a 2 miler, would imagine John Durkan next.
    Looked very one paced at the business end today in a race run to suit him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redundant pal View Post
    Looked very one paced at the business end today in a race run to suit him.
    I have a bad impression of the longevity of French juveniles. Would expect at least one proper season out of him mind
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Could be a fitness issue with him, because he looked to have them covered coming round the final corner and in to the straight towards the last, but he just didn't see it out. I'd have thought that he would have been race fit though given his outing last time where he lost to Saint Calvados, but depends on how much work he has done/missed since then and how that had left him for today.

Either way, I'm sure Altior will be sleeping all snug in his box this evening.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Connections of Waiting Patiently considering a run in the Clarence House Chase at Ascot on Jan 19th

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...P=share_btn_tw