Thread: The Road to the 2019 Champion Hurdle

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    8 declarations in the International Hurdle

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    VDF is wrapping up more miles than a sex tourist

Thats a pretty poor race

SB may win or they may just pull stumps and aim him at the world hurdle before sending him chasing next year
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    No Laurina but Melon entered up for tomorrow
    Last edited by granger; 28th December 2018 at 2:17 PM.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Espoir Dallen is surely too big at 33/1, despite the fact he’ll be a 5 year old come March. Was clearly not right on his sole defeat last year as evidenced by not being seen out again but that was some turn of foot to put the mare away like that.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Guessing he gets a big entry in Feb

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Big day for Champion Hurdle contenders but I am totally confused

Samcro 13/8 about a horse who has looked like a mere shadow of the hype laid upon him last year.

If I owned him and had been dreaming all year about winning the Champion Hurdle I'd be breaking my heart right now.

Mullins will be thinking one way or another. If he really thinks Melon can win the Champion Hurdle it might be slowly away

The fact Melon won this race 2 years ago makes me think he'll be spot on for today.

I reckon he could prove way too good for Samcro
    Last edited by Tanlic; 29th December 2018 at 7:12 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    I know a few of you aren't keen on these sort of bets but with Bet365 NRNB they've introduced hot novice Champ at 33/1 into their market. Currently there is probably 0.5% chance of him lining up I reckon and a certain set of circumstances probably need to take place before they'd consider throwing him in at the deep end. Firstly something would have to go wrong with Buveur D'air or he'd have to get turned over in the Contenders hurdle at Sandown which is supposedly his next stop before Cheltenham.

The 2nd part would be Champ putting in a performance that warrants an attempt at the Champion Hurdle. I.e perhaps hacking up in the Betfair off a mark of 150 or something like that.

99.5% of the time you're going to end up with a refund. 0.5% of the time you are going to end up with a cracking bet on your hands. You can't really lose he either doesn't turn up so you get refunded or if he does turn up he can never be 33/1 as he will have done something between now and then to make him one of the favourites. If you don't like tying up money until the festival then its probably not for you I've had the maximum I can get on. It might be possible to even trade out/cash out before the day if the rumour mill starts to churn before the big day which it usually will.

As you like.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Big day for Champion Hurdle contenders but I am totally confused

Samcro 13/8 about a horse who has looked like a mere shadow of the hype laid upon him last year.

If I owned him and had been dreaming all year about winning the Champion Hurdle I'd be breaking my heart right now.

Mullins will be thinking one way or another. If he really thinks Melon can win the Champion Hurdle it might be slowly away

The fact Melon won this race 2 years ago makes me think he'll be spot on for today.

I reckon he could prove way too good for Samcro
    When a few more firms start to go NRNB I'm going to hit Melon and Supersundae at the best prices I can get 12's or above and I'm in.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I know a few of you aren't keen on these sort of bets but with Bet365 NRNB they've introduced hot novice Champ at 33/1 into their market. Currently there is probably 0.5% chance of him lining up I reckon and a certain set of circumstances probably need to take place before they'd consider throwing him in at the deep end. Firstly something would have to go wrong with Buveur D'air or he'd have to get turned over in the Contenders hurdle at Sandown which is supposedly his next stop before Cheltenham.

The 2nd part would be Champ putting in a performance that warrants an attempt at the Champion Hurdle. I.e perhaps hacking up in the Betfair off a mark of 150 or something like that.

99.5% of the time you're going to end up with a refund. 0.5% of the time you are going to end up with a cracking bet on your hands. You can't really lose he either doesn't turn up so you get refunded or if he does turn up he can never be 33/1 as he will have done something between now and then to make him one of the favourites. If you don't like tying up money until the festival then its probably not for you I've had the maximum I can get on. It might be possible to even trade out/cash out before the day if the rumour mill starts to churn before the big day which it usually will.

As you like.
    Nowt wrong with the bet so long as it's NRNB. In the unlikely event that he does run he won't be 33/1. But if BDA is there he might not be much shorter than 20s. He won't go up from 150 for Saturday and he's maybe a 155-160 horse in the making this season, probably better again in the future. If he can win at Newbury off 150 he will probably go up to 160-ish but one of the big novice hurdles at the festival is usually the route with these types.

None of which matter, of course, with NRNB.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Summerville Boy has a hairline fracture of the femur.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonjers For This Useful Post:

Danny (31st December 2018)

Thanks
    Looks like it’s an old injury too which would explain the well below par runs so far this season. Remarkable that he has never shown any signs of pain or discomfort with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Bedrock has left Iain Jardine to race in the US
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    Intrigued to see if Laurina has filled out and that she eventually gets to the track

Thanks
    She’s going to Sandown apparently

https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...-hurdle/359840

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    For the avoidance of doubt, Laurina has been seen having a canter at Sandown this morning.

Thanks
    exciting. feels like the season needs someone like her to fulfil the hype.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRB View Post
    exciting. feels like the season needs someone like her to fulfil the hype.
    If they go the mares route with her, it will be a blow

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    For the avoidance of doubt, Laurina has been seen having a canter at Sandown this morning.

DwEF36yX4AAsJFe.jpg

Thanks
    Four horse race @ Sandown tomorrow. Contenders Hurdle job. Learn nothing only she’s still alive. Fair play to them going for the Champion Hurdle on the back of that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto Abu View Post
    Four horse race @ Sandown tomorrow. Contenders Hurdle job. Learn nothing only she’s still alive. Fair play to them going for the Champion Hurdle on the back of that.

did similar with annie

might be a chance for one more run before march but if she does go CH suspect she goes there unexposed and as a completely unknown quantity having beaten nothing of note