Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Novice Chasers 2018/2019

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 997 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope he goes for the arkle 25/1 or jlt 20/1.both nrnb so if he goes for a hcap I will just have to reinvest.

Thanks
    The more I look at the Arkle, especially with hopefully softening ground on the first day, as long as he gets around I just can’t see him out of the top three. If they go off like the clappers like they normally do, he may be off the bit 2/3 from home but if it turns into a stamina test late on he’ll be staying on very well. I’ve got ante post bets on both races, both without the NRNB concession so I am f***ed if he goes handicapping. Hopefully find out today when Elliott announces Samcro won’t be at the festival.

Thanks
    I have a couple of NRNB dockets on him for the Arkle myself at 25/1 and 20/1.

Nothing surprises me anymore with connections making late switches, but certainly the Arkle seems to be the most likely race for him per Elliott's comments. Especially given Le Richebourg's absence (as you've pointed out).

"I’m thinking about coming back in trip with him for the Arkle Challenge Trophy. His form over two miles is very good. He beat Us And Them very well at Navan and he has since chased home Le Richebourg twice. I’m not saying we could beat Le Richebourg, but we might just have a go at it. Softer ground would help my fella and probably wouldn’t suit Le Richebourg."

Ground highly likely to be Softest on Day one. Gigginstown would prefer an Arkle winner to a Hcp winner. There's no hotpot in the race to be running scared of. No massive depth either. Soooo with all that logic.....he'll go for the handicap fml if he does!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hezz View Post
    I have a couple of NRNB dockets on him for the Arkle myself at 25/1 and 20/1.

Nothing surprises me anymore with connections making late switches, but certainly the Arkle seems to be the most likely race for him per Elliott's comments. Especially given Le Richebourg's absence (as you've pointed out).

"I’m thinking about coming back in trip with him for the Arkle Challenge Trophy. His form over two miles is very good. He beat Us And Them very well at Navan and he has since chased home Le Richebourg twice. I’m not saying we could beat Le Richebourg, but we might just have a go at it. Softer ground would help my fella and probably wouldn’t suit Le Richebourg."

Ground highly likely to be Softest on Day one. Gigginstown would prefer an Arkle winner to a Hcp winner. There's no hotpot in the race to be running scared of. No massive depth either. Soooo with all that logic.....he'll go for the handicap fml if he does!
    I still think 12/1 without the NRNB is value to be honest with you. Granted it was over further but I honestly thought there was more to his performance in the Flogas last time out and although he jumped poorly once, he’s a good enough jumper in the main. Elliott had Delta Work beat Le Richebourg (over a trip LR not best at admittedly) but he must know the level needed to beat him and switching Hardline back to 2 miles before LR (most likely winner of the race) got injured I think is a big confidence boost considering this race has cut up so badly the last month or so.

If he goes handicapping I’ll have to back him but the value will be gone as he’d likely go off between 9/1-10/1 in the Brown Advisory if not shorter.

Thanks
    Jockey and horse were tentative down the back straight in the Flogas but he flew home. The price diff between Hardline and DDG is ridiculous.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Jockey and horse were tentative down the back straight in the Flogas but he flew home. The price diff between Hardline and DDG is ridiculous.
    Couldn’t agree more with that. I’m possibly bigging Hardline up way too much but if he stays up he shouldn’t be out of the first three.

Thanks
    FYI Elliot is on a preview for Betfair tomorrow evening and will presumably be asked where Hardline is running

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelad View Post
    FYI Elliot is on a preview for Betfair tomorrow evening and will presumably be asked where Hardline is running

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk
    Cheers for the info mate, much appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    It's being streamed online
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Vinndication is now going for the JLT.

Thanks
    I thought he's been pulled? I cashed out on the news.

Thanks
    Back in the market at 8/1 so he's definitely stood his ground at the 5 day stage.

Thanks
    14s with Victor.

Thanks
    Needs to prove he can control that tendancy to jump out to his right and you couldn't choose a tougher scenario to put that to the test for the first time.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Vinndication surely over-rated anyway?
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    True but I would have preferred to have got out with a profit!

Thanks
    Great that he gets a run and in the right race imo. The tendency to jump right is a worry for sure but I didn’t think he’d done that before Sandown

He wasn’t beaten far at Sandown despite hating the ground but has it all to prove and may well have been flattered before that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Highlights still in the JLT

Attachment 2004

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Outsider (8th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Vinndication surely over-rated anyway?
    Him and Defi

Irish race this
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Santini out
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."