Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Novice Chasers 2018/2019

Thanks
    Well beaten. Maybe 20 plus lengths. Was in trouble at the Railway fences.

Will Hardline go Arkle or JLT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto Abu View Post
    Will Hardline go Arkle or JLT?

I was thinking the other way, RSA or 4 miler?

Couldn't go the pace the last day at the DRF. Stayed on.

Thanks
    I'm not so sure he couldn't go the pace. Was never put into the race until late on to my eye
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    I'm not so sure he couldn't go the pace. Was never put into the race until late on to my eye
    I must watch it back again.

Thanks
    ‘Hardline seems to handle any ground and he showed last time that this sort of trip suits him well when he got up to beat Getabird in a Grade 1 Limerick. That run entitles him to go well here and the ground will be no problem for him at all. He is probably a better horse than he has gotten credit for and fences look to have brought out the best in him. On ratings he has got a live chance.’

That was Elliot on his Betfair blog before the Leopardstown run. Granted plans change but to my eye he was dropped towards the rear but not scrubbed along or rousted to get back into contention then ran on late. I’ve backed him to win but will bet place only on the day if it turns up in the JLT incase a similar scenario happens where it runs on late having not gone the usual festival pace.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Looking through his record Kalashnikov has been beaten on all four runs in a Group 1 or 2 however he has won all six runs in a Group 3 or lower.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickf88 View Post
    That was Elliot on his Betfair blog before the Leopardstown run. Granted plans change but to my eye he was dropped towards the rear but not scrubbed along or rousted to get back into contention then ran on late. I’ve backed him to win but will bet place only on the day if it turns up in the JLT incase a similar scenario happens where it runs on late having not gone the usual festival pace.
    The pace was no bother imo, he was just held up. He made an error down the back straight which cost him a few lengths but the jockey didn't bother getting after him. It looked very much a prep run to my eyes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    The pace was no bother imo, he was just held up. He made an error down the back straight which cost him a few lengths but the jockey didn't bother getting after him. It looked very much a prep run to my eyes.
    Personally what I thought too. The distance he was dropped off at the rear of the field would have been comical if not for being held back for another day in my opinion, just given way too much to do otherwise.

Thanks
    It was very reminiscent of the ride given to Good Man Pat behind Mister Dino at Plumpton.

I'm utterly convinced this is a plot job for the Close Bros and now Glen Forsa is out of the way I expect Good Man Pat to go very close to picking up the bonus following his win back there yesterday. I reckon he'll go up to abotu 138/139 for that win and he needs another outing over fences so as long as King can manufacture a minimal rise from it (e.g. no more than 6 or 7lb) then it's game on and he's 16/1 NRNB (5 places) or 20/1 without the NRNB concession.

My only concern is they might head for the Ultima instead as he's proven PTP form over 3m but he takes a fair pull in his races and travels strongly so while the pace of the Ultima would suit him he looks more suited to continuing at the intermediate trip at this stage IMO.

Thanks
    Hardline's race was a Grade 1 event at the Dublin Racing Festival. Every horse good enough to win was trying.

Thanks
    I've just watched it back, and agree with you now alright.

He was given a considerate ride. Wasn't flogged up the straight.

It'll be interesting to see where he pitches up (as Kauto Abu queries).

Wherever he pitches up, he'll be getting my money. Looks a lovely type.
    I'd be thinking JLT at this stage.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hezz For This Useful Post:

wilsonl (15th February 2019)

Thanks
    Maybe Jack thought if he tried too hard to get back in touch the horse would be gassed for the finish. Either way if he doesn't lose touch in a jlt this run behind the mare gives him a similar chance to Lostintranslation really.

Thanks
    It was very reminiscent of the ride given to Good Man Pat behind Mister Dino at Plumpton.

I'm utterly convinced this is a plot job for the Close Bros and now Glen Forsa is out of the way I expect Good Man Pat to go very close to picking up the bonus following his win back there yesterday. I reckon he'll go up to abotu 138/139 for that win and he needs another outing over fences so as long as King can manufacture a minimal rise from it (e.g. no more than 6 or 7lb) then it's game on and he's 16/1 NRNB (5 places) or 20/1 without the NRNB concession.

My only concern is they might head for the Ultima instead as he's proven PTP form over 3m but he takes a fair pull in his races and travels strongly so while the pace of the Ultima would suit him he looks more suited to continuing at the intermediate trip at this stage IMO.
    He's also already entered in the JLT but would presume he's not good enough.

Thanks
    I did consider that DG. Mister Dino would most likely still be fav for the JLT if it weren't for the injury and I reckon Good Man Pat could have run him mighty close if Hutchinson had wanted to. The fact that they didn't and that they've the Plumpton bonus to go for makes me think they're more likely to take the easier option and go down the handicap route if they know they have a well handicapped horse on their hands.

I think he's capable of being a 150 horse so if they can managed to get him a mark of around 140 after his third start over fences then he's going to be well in for the novice handicap (IMO of course).

The majority of my bets are NRNB so if he goes JTL so be it. Personally I don't think he'd be quite good enough for that despite that tenderly ridden, encouraging run behin Mister Dino so I'm not interested in having a saver on the JLT.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (15th February 2019)

Thanks
    Elliott said this about Hardline today...

‘He might come back in trip for the Arkle. He wasn't a bad two-miler over hurdles. The day he won his Grade 1 at Limerick he was going to put it up to Getabird regardless of the mistake that one made. If the ground turns up as good as it's been all season I think the Arkle favourite [Le Richebourg] will be hard to beat.’

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickf88 For This Useful Post:

hezz (20th February 2019), Outsider (20th February 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Looking through his record Kalashnikov has been beaten on all four runs in a Group 1 or 2 however he has won all six runs in a Group 3 or lower.
    Or you could say, DG, that he is 0/3 on RH courses, and 5/6 on LH courses. The yard looks out of form at the moment, too.

Thanks
    Cilaos Emery doubtful for the Arkle.

Thanks
    Lalor to have a racecourse gallop after racing at Exeter on Friday

Edit.........gallop now on Saturday morning
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 21st February 2019 at 7:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjers View Post
    Feck. Shame
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjers View Post
    Mullins now saying he won’t be travelling. They thought it was a muscle strain but it’s a ligament problem apparently