• Leave

16 41.03%
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    It will be the irony of all ironies that the, err, loveable "racists" who probably decided the Brexit vote will be "rewarded" with even more immigration than ever.
    If a generic rule applied that could define every single individual nation state in Europe, (or even a majority), individually as a 'race' e.g "the Bulgarian race' or the 'Dutch race', or the 'Scottish race', then you could argue that British leave voters were being racist, although it still doesn't stand up in a court of law. Unless of course you would like to imply or give criminal records to seventeen million voters who were asked to vote on this referendum in the first place. You tell me how many Nation European states define their own racial identity, (do they actually have one?), as a"race' then you might have a decent argument.

Unfortunately when The British, (Colonial bastards that we are), decided to walk away from 28 neighbouring countries or whatever it was, to leave the European institution, (ironically leaving behind other European colonialists in the process), including The French, and the infamous world renowned former fascist state Germany, this cannot be deemed as racism by any sane definition of law. I couldn't care less what way this all goes now. Stay, remain, remain, leave or whatever, but you should really stick to Drone's argument about finding a legal way of making the referendum void if you want to win the argument, instead of this racism point. If a British voter in the 21st century cannot look at the impact of mass migration on his or her population, in a 'once in a lifetime vote' without being labelled a racist, then the only case to answer is slander for people calling other people racist.
    Last edited by Marb; 5th November 2018 at 8:28 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    Virtually no one thought trump or leave EU would win ....the fact that leave voters won.. shows just how many people are sick of immigration and thought brexit would stop immigration completely......... but werent prepared to vote nf or bnp in the past ... this is my opinion from what i hear where i live.. most including me obviously aint got a clue what brexit is ..they just want there own areas to live in... like the good ole days...not mostly every empty property given to foreigners .. would you like your kid/.grankid to be the only white honky in the class
    And this is why Democracy isn't always a good idea........Grass has summarised and articulated it far better.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    It is wrong to suggest that all Leave voters are/were racist. It's equally wrong to suggest they are/were all anti-immigration.

Two of my brothers voted Leave, both for different reasons; none had anything to do either with racism or immigration. Their reasons were entirely economic but I reckon for every economic reason they put forward for leaving it would be possible to put forward at least one counter-argument for remaining.

I love them no less for their choice and I acknowledge both are vastly more intelligent than me so they may well be right. As far as they are concerned their reasons are as sound as anyone's for remaining. But I still disagree with them.

I do believe a vast majority of the Leave voters did so on the basis of a campaign predicated on lies, fear and loathing.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Ardross (5th November 2018), Colin Phillips (5th November 2018), moehat (5th November 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like Trump's presidency, DO.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    “It wasn’t only racists who voted for Brexit though, was it?........cu*nts did too, didn’t they?.”

Stewart Lee - 2018
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

moehat (5th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Phillips View Post
    Sounds like Trump's presidency, DO.
    Sadly, it seems to be the only road to success these days, Colin.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Virtually no one thought trump or leave EU would win ....the fact that leave voters won.. shows just how many people are sick of immigration and thought brexit would stop immigration completely......... but werent prepared to vote nf or bnp in the past ... this is my opinion from what i hear where i live.. most including me obviously aint got a clue what brexit is ..they just want there own areas to live in... like the good ole days...not mostly every empty property given to foreigners .. would you like your kid/.grankid to be the only white honky in the class
    I believe that restrictions could have been put on immigration but the then Home Secretary didn't do so; can someone please correct me on this if I am wrong??

Banned
    Thanks
    as if i give a toss where fruit pickers come from.. lets hope they stick all the indians in your street you ****

Banned
    Thanks
    if you live in the sticks .. immigration is wonderful... selfish cunts

Thanks
    You're so wrapped up in your warped agenda that you don't think other people live in multicultural areas, and that you're the only one that knows what they're talking about. Hilarious!!!

Perhaps it's because all the bad ones read all the shite you spout on here and then come to live by you just to take the p*ss, whereas the decent folk move to where the rest of us are.

Thanks
    Any appetite for an "Ozexit" vote??

Banned
    Thanks
    I actually live in a nice area now... where do you live ?

Thanks
    I actually live in a nice area now... where do you live ?
    I'd imagine your poor neighbours have a different viewpoint, that is of course unless they are all backward neanderthals as well.

Banned
    Thanks
    correct they are all mainly like me... no one likes us we dont care .... hahaha......come on you Lions

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef or Salmon View Post
    Any appetite for an "Ozexit" vote??
    I'm back here now, but I would be fairly confident that next time it goes to a vote they'll leave the Commonwealth. Of course when I was there people thought I was a filthy immigrant!

Banned
    Thanks
    im guessing you live in a high rise in Newham East London as you seem up with having street cred bruv...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    I believe that restrictions could have been put on immigration but the then Home Secretary didn't do so; can someone please correct me on this if I am wrong??
    The UK has always had the ability to repatriate EU citizens who were unable to find work, in order that they did not become a burden......but no UK Government (Labour, Tory or Coalition) chose to police it - presumably because they didn’t think it was worth the money or the effort.

Unfortunately, such fecklessness opened the door for the odious racist Farage, and breathed life into eejits like ozgood, who are only happy to buy UKIP’s misleading horse-sh*it by the bucket-load, because it gives them a convenient scape-goat........despite the fact that ozgood’s real issue appears to be with non-whites i.e. the people who will replace Europeans in droves, when we’re forced to sign bad trade deals, just to stay afloat.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 5th November 2018 at 6:23 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

moehat (5th November 2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    And what multicultural nirvana do you reside in... big mouth tosser

Thanks
    And what multicultural nirvana do you reside in... big mouth tosser
    Why would that matter - you've just admitted that you don't live in a multicultural nirvana either - but you're allowed an opinion on them all the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ozgood man, what your typing is blatantly racist, you want a war between 'left' and 'right', which your beloved 'Britain' doesn't actually need.

If you hate London f*ck off out, like many people before and after you have ******* done.

If we could travel in a time warp back to the 60's or even before that, with the state your in, you'd probably be the one shooting Martin Luther King.

I'm out of here. This is affecting my sanity.

Peace and love to one and all.

When I win the TTF comp donate the lot to Mind please.
    Last edited by Marb; 5th November 2018 at 8:25 PM.