• Stay

23 58.97%
  • Leave

16 41.03%
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    That would be splendid. A LibDem SNP coalition or do the current polls have them winning outright?
    24% Lib Dems
    22% Brexit Party
    19% Conservative
    19% Labour
    8% Greens

If that were to transpire it would be unlikely anyone could form a Government.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    24% Lib Dems
    22% Brexit Party
    19% Conservative
    19% Labour
    8% Greens

Try PR then, the other system is broken

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruco View Post
    24% Lib Dems
    22% Brexit Party
    19% Conservative
    19% Labour
    8% Greens

Now then Corbyn, just do some simple extrapolation before you tell us that you're worried about losing votes by opposing Brexit

In 2017 you got 40%. On this poll you've lost 21%.

In 2017 the Liberal got 7%, they've gained 17%

In 2017 the Greens got 1.5%, they've gained 6.5%

In total the anti Brexit parties have added 23.5% at a time when Labour has lost 21% in their desperate attempt to shore up support in Wallsend Puddle East

In 2017 UKIP got 1.8% (call it 2%). So the Brexit party has added 20% from somewhere. Where?

In 2017 the Tories got 42% down to 19% on this poll, a loss of 23%

The really stupid thing is that Corbyn can't form a government anyway without the support of at least one, and two coalition partners. He's going to be forced onto a second referendum at the very least anyway. Why doesn't he simply accept that (or should have done over year ago). It's both pragmatic to have done so, and judicious.
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Now then Corbyn, just do some simple extrapolation before you tell us that you're worried about losing votes by opposing Brexit

In 2017 you got 40%. On this poll you've lost 21%.

In 2017 the Liberal got 7%, they've gained 17%

In 2017 the Greens got 1.5%, they've gained 6.5%

In total the anti Brexit parties have added 23.5% at a time when Labour has lost 21% in their desperate attempt to shore up support in Wallsend Puddle East

In 2017 UKIP got 1.8% (call it 2%). So the Brexit party has added 20% from somewhere. Where?

In 2017 the Tories got 42% down to 19% on this poll, a loss of 23%

The really stupid thing is that Corbyn can't form a government anyway without the support of at least one, and two coalition partners. He's going to be forced onto a second referendum at the very least anyway. Why doesn't he simply accept that (or should have done over year ago). It's both pragmatic to have done so, and judicious.
    Spot on. An idiot could figure it out. There’s clearly something we don’t know. Either that or he’s an idiot!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,182 Posts
    More
    Westminster voting intention:

BREX: 26% (+1)
    LAB: 22% (-4)
    CON: 17% (-5)
    LDEM: 16% (+4)
    GRN: 11% (+7)
    CHUK: 1% (-1)
    UKIP: 1% (-1)

via @OpiniumResearch, 28 - 30 May
    Chgs. w/ 20 May

Thanks
    US Ambassador Woody Johnson asked about the NHS being part of UK-US free trade deal. Marr: "Do you feel healthcare has to be part of the deal?” Johnson: “I think... all things that are traded would be on table.” Marr: “Which includes healthcare?” Johnson: “I would think so

Time to start standing up to this stuff,plus the brexit party already saying they want influence and a policy we will not pay the 39 billion agreed with EU!!

These brexiteers filling up there manifesto gradually,private healthcare anne widdicombe stating science will be able to cure people of being gay in the future no doubt we will have clare fox chipping in soon with some filth with brendan o'neill..the 20% iof idiots that vote for these morons getting the party they have been crying out for..

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/statu...36902150451200
    Last edited by gigilo; 3rd June 2019 at 1:27 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gigilo For This Useful Post:

moehat (3rd June 2019)

Thanks
    Last edited by gigilo; 3rd June 2019 at 11:30 PM.

Thanks
    Get dropped at Air Force One shortly after nine on Sunday night. Settle down to watch some gorilla YouTube videos, before going to sleep on the couch. As usual Melania has taken the main bedroom and locked me out. Wake up to find it’s nearly 9am and we’re about to land. That means we must have been in the air for 12 hours. I hadn’t realised Europe was so far away. An aide explains that London England is FIVE hours ahead of Washington. How is that possible? Do they work 29 hour days?

As we land, one of my aides suggests it might be a good idea to tweet something about how nice it is is to be back in London England. “Pass me the phone,” I bark. I start typing: “Sadiq Khan is just a stone cold loser”. That man is dead to me. I don’t care about him at all. I really don’t. He’s even more insignificant than our own very dumb and very incompetent mayor of NYC. Much shorter too. Very short. Almost a dwarf. And a very low IQ. THE LOWEST. Being dumb must be a qualification to be London mayor.

The plane comes to a standstill in some field miles from London. This part of the world has less going for it than North Dakota. No wonder the UK is in such big trouble. Some guy I don’t recognise meets me at the bottom of the steps.

Donald Trump and Jeremy Hunt
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    ‘I get rid of this dude as soon as decently possible.’ Photograph: Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP
    ‘Who are you?’ I ask.

Advertisement

“Jeremy Hunt.”

“Good. Very good. I’ve heard all about your Cockney rhyming slang.”

I get rid of this dude as soon as decently possible and get into Marine One. Switch on the TV to find it’s tuned to CNN. There’s no escaping #FAKENEWS. Woody says you can’t get Fox News in this shithole of a country and turns over to the cartoons.

Check my phone. One message from a guy who says he’s called Pierce Morgan and can we meet? Never heard of him. Another message from Boris Johnson. Great guy. Great, great guy. He thanks me for my support, but asks me to tone it down for the next few days. Whatever. I’m on holiday anyway, so no big deal.

Marine One
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    ‘The Queen sends her boy Charles out to meet me. Serious disrespeect//
    Another Marine One ride takes me to the back lawn of Buckingham Palace. I can’t lie, I’m kinda disappointed. Much, much smaller than I expected. At least when you go to Disneyland you’re guaranteed to be impressed. This dive doesn’t even have its own golf course.

An old guy appears, says he’s the Prince of Wales and is going to take me to meet his Mum. I bite my lip. This is serious disrespect to me, POTUS. I mean, if the Queen came over to visit me for lunch at Mar-a-Lago, I wouldn’t send Donald Jr, Ivanka and Jared out to meet her. But am determined to be on my best behaviour, so just let it go and walk inside making small talk with the LOSER.

Meet the Queen. She’s a nice lady. A very nice lady. So old though. I give her a fist bump and recommend a decent sunbed.

Donald Trump and the Queen
    ‘I recommend a specific Pantone for her tan.’ Photograph: WPA Pool/Getty
    Melania is in a grump. She’s got her wide brimmed hat pulled down to disguise the existential dread in her eyes. We head off in the Beast down the avenue to visit Westminster Castle. Another message from Pierce Morgan. These Huawei phones are a real piece of ****. BLOCK.

The castle is OK if not quite what I expected. Stop for a while at the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior. Which is kinda cool but you’d have thought it would have been better to make a fuss of a Known Warrior. Otherwise he could have been anyone.

Marine One flies me back to Wing Field House. Time for a lie down and TV. All this sight-seeing is exhausting. The kids phone from the Corinthia hotel. They complain room service is TERRIBLE. Woody drops in to say it’s time to get ready for the banquet. Hope food is better than lunch. You can’t get a goddam decent burger and fries in this third-world hell-hole

Thanks
    Chukkers split,who wouldv'e guessed a centreist part full of misfits would split up i think i did the day after they formed,only good thing at least they might get some more remain vote together even though i can;t stand them especially the ''tinged one friends of israel''

Thanks
    Donald Trump flies into the UK next week, and we will be treated to the surreal spectacle of a widely reviled president meeting a defeated prime minister amid scenes of pomp, ceremony and protest.

For all the high-level meetings he will attend, the president would gain far more by staying home and learning about the life of my friend Walter Wolfgang, who died this week at the age of 95. A lifelong peace activist, he was preoccupied in his final days by Trump and his growing belligerence towards Iran.

Walter’s life story reads like a history of the last century. He was born to Jewish parents in Frankfurt in 1923, a year before the city elected its first Jewish mayor, Ludwig Landmann. But by 1937 he had to flee from the Nazis to Britain, a teenage refugee. Walter’s parents remained in Germany, only to lose everything when their business was confiscated. His father was taken to Buchenwald concentration camp. Although he was able to escape Germany for Britain with Walter’s mother in 1939, Buchenwald destroyed his health and caused his premature death in 1945 – the same year that Mayor Landmann died of malnutrition while in hiding from the Nazis.

“As a refugee from Nazi Germany,” Walter later said, “I saw at first hand the terrible consequences of a political doctrine based on hatred and racism.” It was this experience, and a further political awakening when his family was interned like other Germans in England in 1940, that gave Walter a determination to fight prejudice against all peoples and classes. He did not want anybody else, anywhere in the world, to suffer exploitation or oppression, as he and his own family had.

READ Brexit PLOT: Top UK official 'RULES OUT' no deal - MPs must pick LONG delay or May's terms
    This struggle went hand in hand with his commitment to peace. His political beliefs were underpinned by his Jewish faith – “the Jewish aim of human brotherhood”, as he put it, and a desire to make real the Hebrew prophets’ vision of a world without war.

In 1948, having been naturalised as a British citizen, he joined the Labour party. Walter gravitated towards the left, partly as a consequence of his opposition to the Korean war. In 1956 he helped organise a momentous demonstration in Trafalgar Square against the invasion of Suez – one of the occasions on which he found the Labour leadership was on his side.

Walter was horrified by the cold war and the prospect of nuclear annihilation. In 1958 he was a founder member of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, and helped organise the first Aldermaston march to Britain’s Atomic Weapons Research Establishment – an occasion he remembered for the presence of bands and music and an unexpectedly good turnout.

He stood as a Labour candidate for Croydon North East in the 1959 general election. He did not win, and was prevented from standing again due to his anti-nuclear views. Unperturbed, he dedicated the rest of his life to that cause – a level of commitment that was recognised when CND made him its vice-president for life.

In later life, Walter campaigned vigorously against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and became celebrated for an incident at the 2005 Labour party conference, when he was forcefully ejected from the hall after heckling “Nonsense” at foreign secretary Jack Straw as he extolled the virtues of the British occupation of Iraq.

READ Remainer Grieve 'never been so ASHAMED' to be a Tory over May's speech - 'Could have WEPT'
    The footage of an 82-year-old man being manhandled and then detained under anti-terrorism laws caused widespread outrage and became symbolic of the growing intolerance of open debate in the party. Next morning Walter was readmitted to the conference hall to a standing ovation from the floor and, later, an apology from Tony Blair. A year after the debacle, in a fitting riposte from the grassroots to the party hierarchy, he was elected to Labour’s national executive.

To me, Walter was always a dear friend and a courageous moral leader. I visited him in hospital shortly before he died. He was very ill but his mind was still sharp. I asked him to record a message on my phone. He said: “The objective of the Labour party and the peace movement is a peaceful world without exploitation.”

I very much doubt that President Trump will hear similar sentiments from Theresa May next week, but there will be thousands on the streets to amplify Walter’s message. I know that if he was still with us, he would be there too, back in Trafalgar Square, standing up for peace.

• Jeremy Corbyn, the MP for Islington North, is the leader of the Labour party

God damn that antesemite Corbyn being best best friends with jewish walter woolfgang and visiting him in hospital on his death bed,notice the media say **** all about this surprise surprise..racist my arse,an idiot maybe but corbyns no racist i will never believe it..

Thanks

Thanks
    Rory Stewart has pitched his campaign for the Conservative leadership as a plucky DIY effort with shaky handheld videos of him meeting voters across the country — but behind the scenes it is being bankrolled by a Russian financier who ran a hedge fund that focussed on the former Soviet Union.

Stewart, a former foreign office minister and chair of the defence select committee, has accepted a £10,000 donation from Lev Mikheev, a Moscow-born investment banker who moved to the US before pursuing a career in finance and setting up Salute Capital Management in 2009.

Salute Capital, named after the USSR space station programme Salyut, focussed on investing in stocks in Russia and Eastern Europe before Mikheev left the firm in 2012.

Mikheev, who has donated more than £100,000 to the Tory party, was described by the Daily Mail in 2014 as a “billionaire financier with offices in London and next door to the Kremlin in the Russian capital”.

He is now chair of the Mikheev Charitable Trust and director of a fund management company called Bernina Systematic.

Stewart has previously warned of Russia’s growing influence on the world stage, claiming the country “swaggers its way around”.

Speaking at the Tory party conference in 2016, he said: “Russia has succeeded within the past few years in completely transforming its global position at a time when you thought it would be at its weakest.

"Its economy is struggling, it is not getting the incomes it would have expected and yet it behaves like a much bigger country than Britain.”

Stewart’s leadership campaign received another £10,000 from Khaled Said, the son of the Syrian-Saudi businessman and political fixer Wafic Said, who was famously an adviser on the controversial £40 million Al-Yamamah arms deal between Britain and Saudi Arabia in the 1980s.

The donations were declared in the latest register of members’ interests.

Stewart’s spokesperson told BuzzFeed News he had raised another £50,000 in small donations. “Amongst other significant donors is an English beef farmer. We have placed a cap of £10,000 on any donation and this is the only campaign with a genuinely broad base including people from the world of sport, theatre, agriculture and technology. The minority of contributions are from finance,” they said.

It has also emerged that Boris Johnson’s campaign has benefitted from tens of thousands of pounds of donations from donors linked to tax havens.

Johnson received £75,000 from Jon Wood, the director of Aedos Fund Management (Bermuda) Ltd.

In 2010, the Mail reported that Wood resided in Switzerland and set up his SRM Global fund in Monaco.

Last month Johnson took another £10,000 from Graham Robeson, who is the director of a number of companies ultimately owned by the millionaire financier David Rowlands via a company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands.

Labour MP Ian Murray from the People’s Vote campaign said: “Boris Johnson is the epitome of the Brexiter Elite. Rich and entitled, he knows his livelihood won’t be at risk no matter what outcome emerges from the chaos of Brexit.” Johnson’s spokesperson declined to comment.

Meanwhile, Jeremy Hunt’s campaign is also being largely funded by the finance sector.

Hunt is being provided with office space by private equity firm Moulsford Capital and has received a £10,000 donation from hedge fund manager Andrew Law and another £10,000 from David Forbes-Nixon, chairman of the asset management firm Alcentra.

Hunt’s campaign said: “In the last few days we’ve received even more backing from some of the UK’s top businesses and have raised enough to reach the campaign spending limit. People are drawn to the fact Jeremy is a self made entrepreneur with the plan and experience to kick start the economy..

We know what we voted for,laughable stuff even when its out in the open like this wealthy foriegners from tax havens supporting johnson and even rory stewart,are people really that thick or do they simply not care about anything the libertarian right must be loving this do anythng you like say anything you want no repercussions...
    Last edited by gigilo; 6th June 2019 at 7:09 PM.

Thanks
    Well well the Brexit Boraodcasting Company have gone even further than i ever thought they would,a corbyn bashing,pro trump/leave audience full of old people clapping piers morgan continuously this is just getting ridiculous,a raging seething mass of old brexuteer farts all beautifully hand picked...and still the agenda goes on..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I do wonder how many of those British Nationals voted for Brexit, though; quite a few I would think...[blimey I'm getting more bitter by the day...]

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    It totally baffles me how so many people who will be worst affected by Brexit voted for it. Baffles and saddens me.

I never thought I'd ever say it but if Bojo becomes PM without a general election (or even with) I will be supporting any call for another independence referendum.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    You don't know the worst of it yet,priiti patel and ERG members were in an upmarket dining place in mayfair recently discussing coalition with farage in next general election,discussing tactics,there is a massive surge towards the right and all corrupt...Labour have to come out as a remain party they have no choice now,the way things are going with farage and the lunatic johnson the only way they could win an electiin would be combining with the liberals,we have the Brexit Broadcasting Company and their propoganda,the police trying to cover up things like the recent johnson fiasco if it wasn't for the guardian and his neighbours,who by the way are on the front of the express with remainers in bold as though you have to be a affiliated to any party to report possible domestic violence ffs by that toby young pervert in the article he wrote,talk about rightwing propaganda this man wants a good hiding and the stuff he posts on twitter..This countrys just becoming a rightwing mess,you have steve bannon advising on johnsons speeches denys even meeting the man yet its on film soon to be shown in documentary,everything is lies and corruption...The establishment as i've been saying for months will do absolutely anything to make sure we get a rightwing agenda,all headed by this ******* moron johnson who is being puppeteered by the likes of bannon and farage..
    Last edited by gigilo; 23rd June 2019 at 8:53 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I thought that gesture in Parliament of turning your Brexit, salary earning, back during 'Ode to Joy' was pure class. Up there with Agincourt, Blenheim, Waterloo and the Battle of Britain. Cometh the hour, cometh the men and women.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    I thought that gesture in Parliament of turning your Brexit, salary earning, back during 'Ode to Joy' was pure class. Up there with Agincourt, Blenheim, Waterloo and the Battle of Britain. Cometh the hour, cometh the men and women.
    Think they mustv'e seen a muslim or something..
    Last edited by gigilo; 2nd July 2019 at 1:20 PM.

Thanks
    https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/st...33888951705605

This is one of the tools from the brexit party ffs,what a moron..filmed himself doing it as well
    Last edited by gigilo; 2nd July 2019 at 11:32 PM.