• Stay

23 58.97%
  • Leave

16 41.03%
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

Banned
    Thanks
    You should always take a profit, especially a 4 figure one. If you don't need the dosh, give it to charity

Banned
    Thanks
    I didn't even prise an easy score out of you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I didn't even prise an easy score out of you

Annoyingly i wanted it cancelled till june what a farce 13 days ,i threw a bet on o'sullivan when he was three behind trump at 8-5 took 6/1 wins 10-9 on the black and he's 1/3 to win now unbelievable,never even watced it been watching question time just read he won on the black.. got me grand profot in the end..o'sullivans past the post now..

Thanks
    You should always take a profit, especially a 4 figure one. If you don't need the dosh, give it to charity
    I was hoping to put the block on it,it did but 13 days what a joke that is what a farce..

Banned
    Thanks
    I watched the Ronnie/Trump match. Trump only had to pot the yellow in the last frame to leave Ronnie needing a snooker, but he tried to be a hero and played to pot, plus get position on the green; which made the pot harder, and he missed. Fantastic match to watch

Thanks
    I watched the Ronnie/Trump match. Trump only had to pot the yellow in the last frame to leave Ronnie needing a snooker, but he tried to be a hero and played to pot, plus get position on the green; which made the pot harder, and he missed. Fantastic match to watch
    I read the snooker forum sounds like he threw the match away,am no fanboy of o'sullivan i could see trumps form had been getting worse and worse last couple of tournaments looked played out to me long season i',ve already backed o'sullivan total of 6 grand on him at average odds of 4/1 backed him straight after last years at bigger pruces then shorter thriugh the year..Currentky 3/1 he will be 9/4 2/1 soon,everyiones playing terrible bar him so will probably be his best ever chance of winning it again,there's only three in it selbys been playing terrible and trump looks played out,the others no chance..Will be laying some off this time though...i only really bet on racing and the snooker sometimes backed selby at 12/1 put it on here when he won the worlds with ding at 33s they ended up playing each other in the final monster touch...The politucs bets they are crazy,anyone who gets involved heavily the way things are at the moment would have to be nuts,they are my only recreational bets just because i watch so much of it..

Also on o'sullivan for sports personality of the year as well at 20/1...into 12s already..if he wins the worlds i can see him being fav..
    Last edited by gigilo; 22nd March 2019 at 2:10 AM.

Thanks
    Petition signed will be 4 million tomorrow,while farage wanders round with a bunch of misfits of about 30 on a pub crawl...the will of the people...

Thanks
    How many more million will they need?
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankel View Post
    How many more million will they need?

Thanks
    A million on the march incredible scenes...

Thanks
    Farage 200 on the pub crawl..with tommy robinson badges on..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    Then what. Is there any point in this?

Thanks
    No. The government has repeatedly said there won't be a second referendum so these people are just wasting their time imo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Reckon that’s cobblers, simmo......principally because control over the process will be taken out of the Executive’s hands very soon.

The March and parallel petition compel MPs to look beyond May’s wretched deal towards something else, and they will undoubtedly take the self-evident strength of feeling into account, when calculating their next move.

In April, I reckon we’ll get an extension to year-end to accommodate a validation Referendum, and take part in European elections in May. By Christmas, this load of old boll*ocks will hopefully be behind us, save for the Public Inquiry, which will hopefully see many prosecuted for misconduct in public office.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 23rd March 2019 at 5:28 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I wouldn't mind if all of that happened, GH, but I'm not sure it will.

We're faced with the most self-serving, arrogant and stubborn bunch of politicians probably in the history of British politics and they really don't care what the people are saying now.

It's as though they're afraid to put it to the vote again in case it shows them up for what they are but they don't see the upside: if there was genuine validity in the original vote it will stand the test. At that point remainers like myself will have to just accept it and lump it.

People now realise the unadulterated lies upon which the original vote was predicated and have had a glimpse into a future outside the EU and they see how post-apocalyptic it is.

It's a shame it took them this long to get off their arse and do something about it (says he sitting at home typing).
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 23rd March 2019 at 5:47 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Nicola sturgeon as usual different class...as usual corbyn nowhere to be seen couldv'e been seen as a hero heading that today peter kellner who now advises the labour part said if corbyn didn't support remaimers they would lose 1.6 million votes,all this garbage of northern constituencys turning against labour is utter twaddle,as said befire most people simply aren't that involved in brexit especially leaving without a deal rvery poll backs it up..

5,000,000 SIGNED!
    Last edited by gigilo; 24th March 2019 at 3:24 PM.

Thanks
    6 million so close, come on!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    peter kellner who now advises the labour part said if corbyn didn't support remaimers they would lose 1.6 million votes,all this garbage of northern constituencys turning against labour is utter twaddle,as said befire most people simply aren't that involved in brexit especially leaving without a deal rvery poll backs it up..
    Instinctively, I think you're likely spot-on. It's worth remembering that as an 'issue', 'Europe' was always polled at every general election and typically ranked about 8th to 10th in terms of its importance. Even those nominating it were the hard core UKIPers. Only a third of the electorate ever bothered voting in European elections, and about 9% could name their MEP. It really wasn't a touchstone issue amongst the people. The only folk to whom it really meant anything were the people most impacted by it, and that's the political body politik of Westminster. They succeeded through one of the most inept and useless Prime Ministers in UK history n projecting their own concerns onto an ill-equipped country

I rather suspect a lot of people guessed a bit on the day and simply adopted a protest of sticking two fingers up at someone, be it Europe, Westminster, or Cameron. I think Labour is very likely completely over-estimating the strength of Brexit in their so-called heartlands, and I'd also point out that Ashcroft polling reported that 64% of identified Labour voters at the 2015 general election voted to remain (4% of people who identified as having voted for UKIP voted remain too)
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Another defeat that's three unbelievable and still she goes on ffs this is a joke..Robinson and hos fellow neck tattoed UKIP mates will be oitside now on the marching powder and the wifebeater shouting their normal drivel,,along with farage and his pub crawl laughable stuff if it wasn't so sad...
    Last edited by gigilo; 29th March 2019 at 3:51 PM.

Thanks
    I have to wonder what exactly MPs would like to see - I suspect that the answer for most is another referendum.

And despite my being a lackadaisical remainer, I think that is the wrong route to go down - we have made the choice and it's now up to our MP's to deliver on what the country asked for. At present they are effectively refusing to do so.