16 41.03%
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    What it appears to be is false news:
    https://data.london.gov.uk/dataset/e...groups-borough

As far as I can see, the only boroughs with below 40% ethnic white population are Newham (34%) and Brent (36%).
    you have not taken illegals into consideration.... I wonder how many on this site actually live in inner citys .. maybe a Poll is in order..I doubt many live where white population is anywhere near the above stats... goodnight

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    you have not taken illegals into consideration....
    There is another glaring inconsistency that you have missed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately, ozgood appears to represent a rather large percentage of the Leave constituency - the one that figures the EU is responsible for Asian and African migration to the UK, and by extension, figures leaving the EU will fix it.

Used to be a word for people like this: thick c*unts.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

moehat (11th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    TBH Grassy, it's the thick c*unts that seem to tar all 'leavers' with the racist brush.

Thanks
    I don`t think it`s a question of all leavers being racists. Rather, it`s all racists being leavers. Probably sufficient to decide the vote.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desperate Dan For This Useful Post:

moehat (11th July 2018), simmo (11th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Two of my brothers were/are leavers, for reasons that have nothing to do with immigration and certainly not racism.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Banned
    Thanks
    morning.... south london thick c*** signing in...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    TBH Grassy, it's the thick c*unts that seem to tar all 'leavers' with the racist brush.
    Try and follow the argument, reet. Ozgood is referencing white ethnicity percentages, which have zero relevance in a debate about EU migration......unless he is referring to the gates being opened at Calais once we leave, which stands the Leave/Immigration argument on its head anyway, and that’s ignoring opening-up to Ukranian fruit-pickers, are approving untold thousands of Indian work-visas to secure a trade deal.

For the record, anyone who still thinks leaving the EU is a good thing - despite every negative now having been made abundantly clear over the last two years - assuredly is a thick cu*nt, whether they are racist or not.

Always had you down as rather a clever stick all these years, but maybe I was wrong.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 13th July 2018 at 6:08 PM.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    And who says ''Ozgood represents a large percentage of the leave constituency''? Some smart guy, or someone peddling their own version of the truth, simply to promote their own standpoint.

Banned
    Thanks
    VOTE OZZZZZZZZZZZGOOD

Thanks
    I've joined this party a bit late, but FWIW, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Remainiac. I haven't got over it and still argue like a ******* on Facebook, particularly as to why I won't accept the result, whilst my elected representatives cannot decide amongst themselves what happens next. Listening to Dominic Grieve on Newsnight last night, he seemed to be making an argument that if we fail to make a deal with the EU, Parliament will attempt to save the country from itself, by aligning along Leave-Remain lines; a "National Govt" would then negotiate our exit from the EU, OR put another referendum to the country.

As an aside, that spineless twAt Cameron brought this **** upon us, all so that he could see off UKIP at the 2015 General Election. He promised a referendum for no other reason than party interest.

I'm totally convinced that we will win this argument, btw.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Len Madeiros For This Useful Post:

moehat (18th July 2018)

Thanks
    As an aside to the above aside, my newish job involves quite a bit of travel to the Commission in Brussels. Needless to say, as a huge Europhile, I absolutely love it, but I'm reliably informed that our relationship with other member states' officials (civil servants) has massively changed in a short space of time. Where previously, others sought us out to form alliances in agreeing/ amending proposed legislation, all other officials are prepared to grant us these days is a polite hello.

One final aside. I went to Brussels last week to discuss an agricultural programme that the EU will run from 2021-27. The UK were instructed not to say anything, merely attend in listening mode. But if anyone ever tells you that we are "definitely, definitely leaving" you can "definitely, definitely" tell them from me to fvck off, or else what was I do doing there listening?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Len Madeiros For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (18th July 2018), Desperate Dan (18th July 2018), moehat (18th July 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Madeiros View Post
    I've joined this party a bit late, but FWIW, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Remainiac. I haven't got over it and still argue like a ******* on Facebook, particularly as to why I won't accept the result, whilst my elected representatives cannot decide amongst themselves what happens next. Listening to Dominic Grieve on Newsnight last night, he seemed to be making an argument that if we fail to make a deal with the EU, Parliament will attempt to save the country from itself, by aligning along Leave-Remain lines; a "National Govt" would then negotiate our exit from the EU, OR put another referendum to the country.

As an aside, that spineless twAt Cameron brought this **** upon us, all so that he could see off UKIP at the 2015 General Election. He promised a referendum for no other reason than party interest.

I'm totally convinced that we will win this argument, btw.
    Thanks for that; I'm certainly not going to stop fighting Brexit, but have to admit to suffering from a bit of 'Brexit fatigue' sometimes. Annoyingly I can't get to a 'Left Against Brexit' meeting next week but they do say there will be other meetings throughout the summer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Thanks for that; I'm certainly not going to stop fighting Brexit, but have to admit to suffering from a bit of 'Brexit fatigue' sometimes. Annoyingly I can't get to a 'Left Against Brexit' meeting next week but they do say there will be other meetings throughout the summer.
    Good to see that there is 'Left Against Brexit' movement, Moehat. I was beginning to think that the left were so far up Corbyn's ars and in line with his thinking that they were hoping that Brexit would come to pass, and that Corbyn would be able to enact his siege economy upon the UK. I despise Corbyn's role in all of this, almost as much as I despise Johnson's and co.

Thanks
    Me, too. Feel totally let down by the party I have always supported. Led to believe that they were 'playing the long game' but long since stopped believing that one. Someone who gave a pro EU speech at the party conference last year was verbally abused afterwards; I don't know if he's still in the party as I haven't spoken to him for a while.And now the LibDems seem to have let their supporters down, too. My big hero, Brexit wise, is Anna Soubry [who we met at the races last year]. Also Ken Clarke, Chukka, Tom Brake, Chris Leslie, Andrew Adonis [and several others].

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Me, too. Feel totally let down by the party I have always supported. Led to believe that they were 'playing the long game' but long since stopped believing that one. Someone who gave a pro EU speech at the party conference last year was verbally abused afterwards; I don't know if he's still in the party as I haven't spoken to him for a while.And now the LibDems seem to have let their supporters down, too. My big hero, Brexit wise, is Anna Soubry [who we met at the races last year]. Also Ken Clarke, Chukka, Tom Brake, Chris Leslie, Andrew Adonis [and several others].
    It’s mad how our heroes represent parties that would normally be our natural enemies. Shows how Brexit has changed the game completely.
    Last edited by Len Madeiros; 19th July 2018 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks
    I'm told that the OED is considering, 'selective deafness' as the definition of Brexiteer.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Any Brexit believers still out there? Or is it still Project Fear?

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Each new day seems to bring with it another new negative.

It is a total shamblathon.

(Did I just coin a new word there?)
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was a remainer, but there are far worse choices and convenient lies people willfully believe in than voting to leave the European Union. The term self fullfilling prophecy is very relevent in today's world. Believe it enough, it may become true. This is the hallmark of the bourgeoisie intelligentsia in the 21st century. Riddled with guilt about their own incompetence, greed and nepotistic ways, as always. If the truth is never properly explained then you can't call it the 'truth' can you? Or can you?
    Last edited by Marb; 19th October 2018 at 8:10 PM.