23 58.97%
  • Leave

16 41.03%
Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Agree 100%.
    Was at home today for 10 mins and had the TV on TV3. Dáithí Ó Sé was giving the preview of the show where one item was them discussing Trump's manners at the George HW Bush funeral. Seriously? **** off.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 6th December 2018 at 7:12 PM.

Thanks
    Daithi isn't the worst -openly admits to reading the Racing Post and stops off in Domino's at least once a week.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Daithi isn't the worst -openly admits to reading the Racing Post and stops off in Domino's at least once a week.
    Fine but talking about Trump's manners? What next, me talking at an AA meeting?

Thanks
    About time both sides put their money where their mouths are.

If Leavers are so confident that they still have the majority, why reject a second referendum?

If Remainers think that the mood has changed for good, then vote for a regular, periodic (every 5 years) referendum.

If Parliament can't agree on a course of action, I think that they should have another referendum with two choices:
    - stay in the EU as is but commit to change from the inside and a referendum every 5 years.
    - leave with no deal on 29th March because no-one can now be in any doubt of the consequences.

Have the vote on Saturday, 26th January and Sunday, 27th to maximise numbers. No need for a long campaign and no need for big campaign budgets.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    It's a measure of the crisis in British politics that the Next Prime Minister market resembles what you'd see for a big Saturday handicap.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...prime-minister

Thanks
    Never would have thought Corbin to be favorite in this race. Probably observing this from too far away.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    You would have to be pretty desperate for a bet on those misfits,unfortunately all the decent mps on the labour side won't be in the running for at least 5/6 years...

Thanks
    It's like Brewster's millions............vote none of the above.

Thanks
    TM faces a no confidence vote later today ( that always strikes me as weird. Clearly it’s already happened for the press to be telling us about it!) can’t wait to find out what happens next... *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #YourStorm
    Mr Brightside

All posts are based on the following:
    I know what I'm talking about/ I'm having a stab in the dark
    I'm bored/ You're an idiot and I'm poking you with sticks

Thanks
    Good grief; this country is in the biggest mess that I can ever remember and the very people who brought about the referendum are now fighting to be PM [Greasy Smogg et al]. What a mess this country is in. As a Labour voting Corbyn sceptic I'm actually hoping for some kind of Labour/SNP/Green/LibDem coalition to come out of all this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Yay!!
    Hopefully, she's gone tonight; no more weak-kneed pussy footing around, or capitulating at every turn.
    Imho, what the country needs now is strong leadership from someone who'll stand up for Britain, and point out to the EU exactly what they'll be losing if the UK does exit, and able to renegotiate the whole sorry mess from a more level playing field.
    Failing success by that, there's always the backstop of walking away completely, and us deciding what financial penalties are due - in either direction.

Thanks
    Forecasting the result of secret ballots is a fool's game: saying one thing in public, doing the opposite in private is a trait particularly applicable to duplicitous MPs. That said, I'd be surprised if May loses this confidence vote; though whether she'll feel the backing she'll be given will be strong enough to carry on is another matter. Knowing her and her deeply buried super-glued leopard skin heels, she will

Thanks
    The alternative replacements are as bad if not worse,the peoples vote is getting nearer and nearer to happening..

Thanks
    This is all going delightfully well!
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    What an ugly and unpleasant country we are becoming. And all the signs are that it`ll get more ugly and unpleasant.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Desperate Dan For This Useful Post:

moehat (12th December 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Yay!!
    Hopefully, she's gone tonight; no more weak-kneed pussy footing around, or capitulating at every turn.
    Imho, what the country needs now is strong leadership from someone who'll stand up for Britain, and point out to the EU exactly what they'll be losing if the UK does exit, and able to renegotiate the whole sorry mess from a more level playing field.
    Failing success by that, there's always the backstop of walking away completely, and us deciding what financial penalties are due - in either direction.
    Respectfully RH, I tend to think that the EU are grown up and organised enough to have worked out exactly what 'they'll be losing' and have probably been working that out since June 24th 2016. Additionally I think the £39Bn forfeit would be regrettable but absorb-able in an $19Trillion GDP aggregate economy.
    Last edited by an capall; 12th December 2018 at 5:02 PM.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Yay!!
    Won't happen. That type of leader looks great for the over-50s Tories and similar voters, but, rightly, will not enjoy the support of Parliament. That means any no-deal "negotiated" with the EU will not get through Parliament. Back to square one, and worth re-iterating that it is the EU who actually hold the cards. Not us.

Thanks
    Glad i've had a few days off betting,definitely getting the popcorn out tonight

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Talk of level playing-fields displays an ignorance that fails to account for the unity of 27 nations standing shoulder-to-shoulder, ranged against the biggest collection of delusional incompetents, ever assembled as a UK Govt.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 12th December 2018 at 9:07 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Last thing needed now is a change in 'leadership', whether anyone thinks the present incumbent is doing a good job or not. Idiot MPS.