39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay

23 58.97%
  • Leave

16 41.03%
Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Brexit - Two Years After

Thanks
    Tony Abbott is a tool. He’s not even in favour of his own country cutting the apron strings from mother ship UK. He has no credibility. He’s full of slogans, but has no proper idea of the next steps after a vote to leave. And he can fukc off, poking his oar in from Australia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Madeiros View Post
    Tony Abbott is a tool. He’s not even in favour of his own country cutting the apron strings from mother ship UK. He has no credibility. He’s full of slogans, but has no proper idea of the next steps after a vote to leave. And he can fukc off, poking his oar in from Australia.
    And I know it's Brexit so facts are not relevant but there are more mistruths in that article than I have seen in a very long time! His knowledge of trade agreements and customs leaves a lot to be desired!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017diary View Post
    We're leaving so just row in with what's being negotiated. 17.4m voted to leave & 16.15m voted to remain so no-one's going to get everything they wished for. And my parents would be disgusted by all the veiled threats taking place.
    It isn’t about everyone getting what they wanted is it. The country voted to leave the 16.15m lost that’s democracy. Just because I vote for Labour and the Tories win but don’t get a majority that should mean I get a little of what the labour manifesto had in it.

Thanks
    Try bullying it through with your 17.4m votes then when the majority voted for a grey zone
    Last edited by 2017diary; 18th November 2018 at 4:12 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef or Salmon View Post
    63m people voted for Trump, so not sure what your point is re numbers, both Trump and Brexit proved that Democracy is inherently flawed.

Please tell us uninformed souls what exactly the EU have supposedly done wrong in their negotiations with a MS who proudly decreed that they would not only leave the EU but would bring an end to the EU?
    LMFAO. Democracy is flawed how? Because you voted remain and didn’t win? Trump is anti democratic because he won on a collegiate system that has been in place for as long as anyone can remember? Would it be closer to say democracy is flawed for you because you’re a liberal and You don’t like Trump? I’d bet that’s a 1.01 shot.

I said both the EU and Uk politicians have shown themselves for what they are not just the EU. In all fairness the EU have negotiated like anybody with half a brain would have. Its the UK and our negotiators that have been flawed because they are compromised with their positions on the vote.

Thanks
    Try bullying it through with your 17.4m votes then
    How’s it bullying?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SP Only View Post
    LMFAO. Democracy is flawed how? Because you voted remain and didn’t win? Trump is anti democratic because he won on a collegiate system that has been in place for as long as anyone can remember? Would it be closer to say democracy is flawed for you because you’re a liberal and You don’t like Trump? I’d bet that’s a 1.01 shot.

I said both the EU and Uk politicians have shown themselves for what they are not just the EU. In all fairness the EU have negotiated like anybody with half a brain would have. Its the UK and our negotiators that have been flawed because they are compromised with their positions on the vote.
    I didn't vote in either because I'm neither a yank or British but I will say that they are the two funniest things I have ever witnessed, I just keep running out of popcorn!

Thanks
    How’s it bullying?
    The country voted leave, we've a draft agreement to leave so why the dissension?

Thanks
    The country voted leave, we've a draft agreement to leave so why the dissension?
    Have you read the the agreement? If you have, do you believe that it’s an agreement that means we are actually leaving in anything but name?

Thanks
    Have you read the the agreement? If you have, do you believe that it’s an agreement that means we are actually leaving in anything but name?
    We're going round in circles aren't we? I made a mistake by posting on this thread & for that I apologise, I'll just leave by copying a line from your 3.05 post

"It isn’t about everyone getting what they wanted is it."

Stay lucky

Thanks
    We're going round in circles aren't we? I made a mistake by posting on this thread & for that I apologise, I'll just leave by copying a line from your 3.05 post

"It isn’t about everyone getting what they wanted is it."

You’re bolded post is just life unfortunately. If remain had got 17.4m would the 16m + people that voted Brexit have got anything they wanted? The answer is no again that’s democracy.

Stay lucky

Thanks
    Pleased I got out whilst I was winning

Thanks
    Leave in its purist sense means that we leave without a deal. No serious government wouid negotiate that, which is why the PM has had to accept that there are only a limited amount of concessions we can ask for, and we end up in a customs union that the EU govern.

Not ideal for an arch-Remainer like myself but I’d take it if my first preference - a second referendum to break the democratic deadlock - doesn’t happen. I’d take it for two reasons: it guarantees frictionless trade and no Irish border; and it teaches the arrogant fukcwits in this country of our true place in the world. We do not get to determine the terms of trade with whoever we trade with, just because we are British. And in that sense, Brexit will have taught those terrible people a very harsh lesson. Those people are the ones that call the EU bullies, btw, just because they remind us that they are bigger and more important than us.
    Last edited by Len Madeiros; 18th November 2018 at 4:52 PM.

Thanks
    Pleased I got out whilst I was winning

Thanks
    Leave in its purist sense means that we leave without a deal. No serious government wouid negotiate that, which is why the PM has had to accept that there are only a limited amount of concessions we can ask for, and we end up in a customs union that the EU govern.

Not ideal for an arch-Remainer like myself but I’d take it if my first preference - a second referendum to break the democratic deadlock - doesn’t happen. I’d take it for two reasons: it guarantees frictionless trade and no Irish border; and it teaches the arrogant fukcwits in this country of our true place in the world. We do not get to determine the terms of trade with whoever we trade with, just because we are British. And in that sense, Brexit will have taught those terrible people a very harsh lesson. Those people are the ones that call the EU bullies, btw, just because they remind us that they are bigger and more important than us.
    The Irish border issue is the biggest fraud going and it’s been designed to facilitate this deal of us having to stay in a customs union.
    When you refer to terrible people who are you talking about I note arrogant **** wits but who is that exactly?
    Out of interest do you have children and if we end up remaining will you be happy for them to be conscripted to the EU Army?

Thanks
    Democracy is not static or suspended in time.

On referendum day, before the results were announced, Farage said he thought they'd lost narrowly (he actually said about 52-48) and if that was the case they would be pushing for another vote in a couple of years because enough time would have passed for people to change their minds.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Democracy is not static or suspended in time.

On referendum day, before the results were announced, Farage said he thought they'd lost narrowly (he actually said about 52-48) and if that was the case they would be pushing for another vote in a couple of years because enough time would have passed for people to change their minds.
    If that is the case why did it take 40+ years after the 1975 referendum when the EU and our relationship had changed so much?

Thanks
    The Irish border issue is the biggest fraud going and it’s been designed to facilitate this deal of us having to stay in a customs union.
    When you refer to terrible people who are you talking about I note arrogant **** wits but who is that exactly?
    Out of interest do you have children and if we end up remaining will you be happy for them to be conscripted to the EU Army?
    Do you want an Irish border? If you do, good for you, but a border is a horribly backward step. If you don’t want one, a soft border is needed to ensure frictionless trade - the technology solution has not been accepted.

The arrogant fukcwits are those who think we are still owed by Europe because we saved them in WWII. Those people still think we can trade on our terms alone.

I have no kids. There is no EU army. No EU state has conscription. You are a scaremonger.
    Last edited by Len Madeiros; 18th November 2018 at 5:36 PM.

Thanks
    Do you want an Irish border? If you do, good for you, but a border is a horribly backward step. If you don’t want one, a soft border is needed to ensure frictionless trade - the technology solution has nor been accepted.

The arrogant fukcwits are those who think we are still owed by Europe because we saved them in WWII. Those people still think we can trade on our terms alone.

I have no kids. There is no EU army. No EU state has conscription. You are a scaremonger.
    So you missed the backing of Macron and Merkel for a EU army this week?

Who says anything about being owed by the EU? Who says this and what is your proof of this? You talk about scaremongering I talk in facts you seem to be just making comments based on nothing when you talk about arrogant fukwits.

There is already an Irish border. They have different tax rates, VAT and numerous other border type issues that are solved daily. No one wants a hard border and that includes me but to believe there are no solutions without staying in a customs union indefinitely is fallacy. If this agreement is signed I’m sure we can all agree the EU would have no need to pursue a free trade agreement with us and we would be stuck in the union in perpetuity without a unilateral mechanism to withdraw whilst being held to all their rules.

Rightly or wrongly the majority of people that voted to leave knew it would mean leaving everything and that includes the customs union and in last years election 80% of the electorate voted for parties campaigning on a leaving the customs union manifesto.

Thanks
    Believe me, SP, I have met many older people who think Europe still owes us for the war, and that they should STILL be grateful.

Yeah, I’ve heard the currency argument is a border argument, but that is not physical infrastructure - it’s entirely different. But I’ve already said that I would reluctantly accept this arrangement for the reasons previously given.

And check the Labour Party’s 2017 election manifesto. It seeks to “retain the benefits of the single market and customs union”. Quite explicit. No mention of leaving it.

That EU army thing is a long way off, and conscription won’t happen.
    Last edited by Len Madeiros; 18th November 2018 at 5:53 PM.