Thread: Head to Head Comparisons

Thanks

Head to Head Comparisons

Hello

I was hoping that someone might be able to help me.

Is there a site / resource online that allows you to quickly compare 2 horses performance versus each other or comparison on the same course.

I currently use the Formscan section on At The Races which is ok but be good to know if there is a site that perhaps listed that Horse A had beaten a common rival and Horse B hadn't.

Many thanks

Urbanhermit

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Horse A had beaten a common rival and Horse B hadn't? which proves absolutely nothing
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Hi Tanlic,

My thinking being that if Horse A had beaten the common rival and Horse B hadn't (assuming they were similar races, conditions and weights) it would mean that Horse A was the better horse.

Happy to be corrected though - I'm still VERY wet behind the ears!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'd say you are drowning Honestly though I have never met anyone who does eg his own ratings that has become rich at this game.

Somehow people manage to convince themselves all the hours on end is worthwhile while Joe Soap hardly ever looks at the form book.......what he does do is pick and choose which race to bet in then look for value..... That value could be anything. Study trainer jockeys and class animals is the best way to go

Personally I look at a race then decide is it a no bet race.....like a 19 runner handicap full of shite? Is it a win only race? Is it a place only race? Is it a race that I should Dutch in? or is it an EW race (My least likely choice) etc. Because anyone who thinks every race is a win only betting race will end up skint.

I cringe when I see people on here saying they think so and so will win the Ayr Gold Cup eg Chances are they wouldn't break even in 10 years so why throw your money at a race when you can back a 1/10 shot and get it over and done with. Watch by all means but bet??? naaaaaaaaaaa!!! anyway I am off to have dinner then go lose some money on the gee gees...Good luck
    Last edited by Tanlic; 5th June 2018 at 11:58 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Cheers for the reply Tanlic and, you will be pleased to hear that I'm certainly not trying to win at every race :-)

Good advice though about looking at the various options.

Enjoy your dinner and make it a winning day (or night) based on your location!

Thanks
    irishracing.com race cards have a h2h icon, standing for head to head, for each horse. If you hover your mouse above it you will be shown the horse's record when previously competing against other runners in the race. You can try the link below to see it in action. I have to confess though that I don't pay any attention to this feature.

https://www.irishracing.com/card?prc=079&prd=201806052025

Thanks
    Hi Grey

Thanks for that link - really useful and will add to my bookmarks.

Thanks
    This info's in the paper version of the Racing Post, so guess it's accessible via the website if you're prepared to pay, which I'm not...