Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockinge

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lockinge

This looks like a really hot renewal this time around, no? Suedois I fancy to run well at a price.
    Last edited by Marb; 18th May 2018 at 4:09 PM.

Thanks
    Lancaster Bomber is a decent G1 horse when the track is like a road. I fancy an each way play on him.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'd fancy Beat The Bank but much depends on which Crowley turns up..the man's a Jekyll and Hyde jockey if ever there was one
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    I did like Beat the Bank for this but the ew terms on offer (4 places and 5 with Sky) means I have to bet Limato. Only beaten a couple of lengths in this two years ago he should have more stamina as a 6yo and the ground is faster tomorrow than it was then. I can't see him out of the frame.

Thanks
    Gotta go with Lancaster B. if the ground is fast. The 2 nd's to World Approval are as good as anything in this race.
    Not sure why Moore is on Rhododendron, would've thought she needs 10 furlongs to be seen at her best.
    Better for the price on LB if Heffernan rides.

BtB probably needs it to be a bit less fast and agree about the jockey comments. Hard to get a grip on Crowley this season but it's still early.
    Moore has not been exactly been tearing it up either.

At a huge price could see War Decree in the mix.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanr View Post
    Gotta go with Lancaster B. if the ground is fast. The 2 nd's to World Approval are as good as anything in this race.
    The first of those he got 7lbs more than WFA and in the second World Approval was much better than the bare result.

Thanks
    Maybe but I do not want to over complicate things here.
    LB was not exactly graced with the luck of the gods in the "much better than bare result" race,

Personally on a going day if the track is fast don't see anybody who could beat him.

Limato is a quality horse who likes it quick as well that I like a lot but he has not shown his aptitude for a mile at the highest summit.
    He's 5/1 and LB is 11/1

Thanks
    That's because Limato has the better overall form and wins the odd race.

Thanks
    he does but not over a mile.
    One of us will most likely be at the cashier tomorrow.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanr View Post
    One of us will most likely be at the cashier tomorrow.
    Maybe, but not before Suedois gives you a scare.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Taken from the blog that gave the cyber seagulls the 33/1 winner of the Victoria Cup last week haha...

"About time that I delved away from the handicaps, to nail down a Group One winner, especially in what looks such a good renewal of the Lockinge. The David O Meara trained SUEDOIS can scoop late on the scene having already shown that a fast pace against top class opposition brings out the best in him. Suedois who has been racing in England for two years is with the right trainer in David O Meara, to land a major group one race over here. This should be a good season for him."
    Last edited by Marb; 18th May 2018 at 8:11 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Outsider (19th May 2018)

Thanks
    Deauville e/w
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    With a big field and Rhododendron needing a tow, a strong pace looks assured over what's already a stiff enough test, the winner will need to stay every inch of it. Limato won't, imo, as he's shown in 2 previous attempts at the trip, and the jury's still out on such as Beat The Bank and Lancaster Bomber.
    Addeybb will relish it, probably improve again for it, and - though he's never run on fast ground before, there's plenty of encouragement in his pedigree he'll be adept on it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Addeyb is clearly the curve horse and only the price puts me off him really. It looks a pretty substandard renewal, I have to say, but I've taken Librisa Breeze each-way at 16/1. The consensus appears to be that fast ground will be against him but I think his better form and softer ground were just coincidental. He was not inconvenienced by fast ground at Ascot last summer and with luck in running might have won. He was also a good second in the Hunt Cup and has good 7f form at Ascot so I don't see the trip being too much of a problem. For me it will be less of a problem for him that it might be for Limato.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    The trip isn't a problem with Librisa but I think he needs optimum conditions and he hasn't got them today. I'm really tempted to shovel more on Limato - even if he doesn't quite stay is there really 3/4 horses good enough to beat him? I doubt it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting to read everyones views and shows what an open race it is.marble puts a good case for suedois,a horse i hadnt considered,and i can see where hes coming from.
    Originally i liked Beat the bank but i agree with the comments about crowley.
    I finally settled on LIMATO.Candy has always said he can win over a mile,which most dont agree with,but he gets his ground today so there are no excuses.
    Good luck.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Outsider For This Useful Post:

Marb (19th May 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    The trip isn't a problem with Librisa but I think he needs optimum conditions and he hasn't got them today. I'm really tempted to shovel more on Limato - even if he doesn't quite stay is there really 3/4 horses good enough to beat him? I doubt it.
    LIBRISA a N/R

Thanks
    My apologies for not posting much of late once that sun comes out I'm a bugger for not wanting to be indoors on the Laptop.

I haven't given the race that much thought. I the ground is firm then Lancaster Bomber wouldn't be too far away.

Although I can't see it coming off Accidental Agent at 50/1 with lines through Lord Glittters to Addyebb thats a ridiculous price. The horse took giant leaps forward last year and it wouldn't require much more after an Adequate prep run to get involved. Maybe would have liked a bit more juice in the ground but not really any conclusive evidence either way where ground is concerned so if he goes on it he'll certainly out run his price.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    The filly was the worthy winner. Happy enough with the place on the Bomber, he battled to the line.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Good race but fook me gently how can anyone put up with James Willoughby?..I never listen to presenters as I watch racing on Betfair but today for a change I tuned in to RUK.........sorry but I never heard so much crap before races and his rubbish post race reading is even more annoying...Just saying.
    Formely Fist of Fury