Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Violence at English Race Meetings

Thanks
    It's, at the very least, a bandwagon bungee by the RP.

We should all be very concerned that the likes of ozgood seem to think it's appropriate behaviour though and there has to be a chance that certain groups will look to establish their credentials through the summer. Might be nice if some of the snobbier courses realise that a jacket and tie isn't always the route to respectability. There are still courses in the UK that make owners buy a tie to gain entrance to the owners/trainers area when they have a runner.

As I said before, anything other than alcohol is likely to be confined to south of Birmingham as the white powder of choice further north is Johnson's Baby.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I took the train to/fro Bristol at this years festival. I will walk barefooted next year rather than repeat. At least that way I might get home without a suited feral lout puking on my shoes and then erupting with the hilarity of it all.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Coke goes hand in hand with the football idiots,doesn't matter what part of the country it is I stopped going out 8 years ago before coming ill and the same old faces blokes in their 50s football idiots banned from the grounds were still caning the Charlie,most of the dealers are in the football idiots as well it all goes hand in hand the coke thing has been a massive escalating thing for 15-20 years bigger than ever now.. They don't take it to have fun,they take it to get slaughtered and cause trouble it's alpart of the night out to cause as much havoc as possible,if they can give some innocemt bystander a good kicking then it's been a good night..wankers of the highest order..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    I've never seen a sniffer dog at a racecourse either.
    Ascot had them a couple of meetings ago but I assumed they were sniffing for explosives.
    Last edited by G-G; 15th May 2018 at 8:28 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    My experience of the bowler-hat-brigade at Ascot is that they are a bunch of snobby, officious little jobsworths who seem to think their bowler hat makes them in some way superior. They do nothing to improve the race-day experience of the paying customer.
    That's not my experience of the majority of them; it's the racecourse who are the jobsworth. However, in the event of anything kicking off they are no help whatsoever, which perhaps should be re-thought.

Thanks
    I was at Champions Day at Ascot last year and witnessed a brawl between about a dozen young men which went on for about 60 seconds. Compared to the horrible footage from Goodwood the other day it was harmless but it's not something I'd enjoy seeing again.

What struck me about that day was that almost everyone was drinking, no matter where they were in the enclosures, and staff were going round selling beer and other drinks from dispensers strapped to their backs. The racecourse authorities seemed to be colluding at getting everyone drunk.

At Irish tracks you can drink your head off in the bars if you want, but you're not allowed wander around other parts of the track with a drink in your hand. The same goes for Cheltenham

Banned
    Thanks
    People who get pissed.... Fight anywhere .... pubs.. clubs..weddings.... funerals .... even on airplanes now ....everywhere........... even Racecourses..... you cant blame football .... in general people now... like getting out there nuts and dont care where they do it, especially mobbed up . get used to it ,, its normal behaviour .. just like Asian gangs raping young girls...which most wont comment on .. but are up in arms about... a few divs fighting at the races... just sayin like ... NO ONE LIKES US

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    More scenes at Haydock yeserday, plenty of video footage on social media, Jockey Club saying will take a zero tolerance position.

Yeah, right.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Hopefully all the video footage doesn't encourage more loutish behaviour from these yobs
    Last edited by granger; 17th February 2019 at 7:49 PM.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Jockey club is the one controlling and profiting from the alcohol sales so in part they are responsible. Also I noted that there were no football matches being played in the locality yesterday because of the FA cup. Does this generate a different mix of racegoers ? Its sad ,each year at the Cheltenham festival there seems to be more and more of these cretins who just want to get totally hammered and have no interest in horse racing.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrunner View Post
    Its sad ,each year at the Cheltenham festival there seems to be more and more of these cretins who just want to get totally hammered and have no interest in horse racing.
    It's partly because these meetings are promoted more widely as social events rather than race meetings, presumably in an attempt to attract bigger crowds, so those doing the promoting also have to be policing them better.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Yep, giving it a miss for the first time in ages as a result

Quote Originally Posted by frontrunner View Post
    Its sad ,each year at the Cheltenham festival there seems to be more and more of these cretins who just want to get totally hammered and have no interest in horse racing.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    It's partly because these meetings are promoted more widely as social events rather than race meetings, presumably in an attempt to attract bigger crowds, so those doing the promoting also have to be policing them better.
    It's not just Cheltenham, it's everywhere. People parking themselves near the bar and pay no attention to the racing. There was football style chanting at Ascot yesterday, people allowed to take glasses of drink out the front of the grandstand, and not plastic containers either , no one in sight keeping a watch on things. I have not gone to the last 2 KG&QE Diamond Days 'cos of Ascot' policy of allowing scantily clad **** heads have picnics in the 'winning post' enclosure. Won't be going this year either and it used to be one of my absolute favourite days of flat racing.
    Last edited by G-G; 17th February 2019 at 8:47 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Yes, G-G. I didn't mean to imply it was just Cheltenham or any of the festival meetings. It's everywhere.

I had a day at Ayr just towards the end of the Flat season and it was the same. Loads of younger people dressed as if they were going to a wedding just hanging about the lounges all day getting hammered.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Yes, G-G. I didn't mean to imply it was just Cheltenham or any of the festival meetings. It's everywhere.

I had a day at Ayr just towards the end of the Flat season and it was the same. Loads of younger people dressed as if they were going to a wedding just hanging about the lounges all day getting hammered.
    Music after doesn't help either. I know they are trying to generate income but they could have the music on other nights/days to the racing. 99% of people going for the music aren't interested in the racing and vice a versa. Plus the ticket prices put a lot of people off if they just want to go for the racing.

Thanks
    The fact is, that’s society nowadays, so if we want people to (in the words of Big Mac) come racing, we have to expect that’s what they’re going to be doing and find a way to control it. Easier said than done I know.

Events like after race concerts are akin to holding a post match BBQ at a Milwall v West Ham game
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Events like after race concerts are akin to holding a post match BBQ at a Milwall v West Ham game. “

I like that - what an image it conjures up.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tout Seul For This Useful Post:

Outsider (18th February 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    The fact is, that’s society nowadays, so if we want people to (in the words of Big Mac) come racing, we have to expect that’s what they’re going to be doing and find a way to control it. Easier said than done I know.

Events like after race concerts are akin to holding a post match BBQ at a Milwall v West Ham game

Works o.k. at Leopardstown.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Irish folk are different though; our neighbours are more progressive socially; get up to things we would not dream of.